Entertainment on Silhouette

shofer

We are booked for Feb 23 and anxious to escape Chicago weather. (At least I am, Mom lives in Florida.) Wondering who is featured as appearing in the theaters? So are the production shows any good? I always thought X was strong in that area.

After 4 Princess cruises, I am so looking forward to returning to Celebrity but haven't been on them since 2006. This is my first S-class ship after loving the M-class. Princess did have some very entertaining new shows.

The best entertainment we ever saw on a cruise was our RT LA/Hawaii in 2006. Except for the dulcimer guy. At least I think that's what he played with hammers and strings. He was boring and we had just seen him the year before. We saw an act on Princess in 2008 that we saw on the Horizon. (How's that for nostalgia?) Had a good laugh as the show had not changed one iota.

Sue

We are booked for Feb 23 and anxious to escape Chicago weather. (At least I am, Mom lives in Florida.) Wondering who is featured as appearing in the theaters? So are the production shows any good? I always thought X was strong in that area.

After 4 Princess cruises, I am so looking forward to returning to Celebrity but haven't been on them since 2006. This is my first S-class ship after loving the M-class. Princess did have some very entertaining new shows.

The best entertainment we ever saw on a cruise was our RT LA/Hawaii in 2006. Except for the dulcimer guy. At least I think that's what he played with hammers and strings. He was boring and we had just seen him the year before. We saw an act on Princess in 2008 that we saw on the Horizon. (How's that for nostalgia?) Had a good laugh as the show had not changed one iota.

Sue

I am also on this cruise. What's true on one cruise might not be true on another. Entertainers change. Cast members change. That being said, I was on Silhouette for the November 18th Adriatic and the Dec.1st TA. Found the Adriatic to have the weakest entertainment I've ever seen on a Celebrity ship and noted it on the comment form. Discussions with others proved to me that I was not alone. Improved quite a bit on the TA. They had a violinist who also played the piano and sang. One of the very best I've seen on any ship. Sin City got mixed reviews. Some loved it, some found it too vulgar and hated it. This being said, I love Silhouette. The staff is superb..

As I write this I'm sitting in the parking lot at my husband's job in a Chicago suburb. We are leaving the jumper cables on his battery, hoping to charge it up enough to start. Must be defective since he just bought it a couple of days ago. The thermometer reads -13. We are on the Equinox at the end of the month and I can safely say.....I don't care if we are entertained by trained poodles, it will be WAY better than this!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

We were on Silhouette in December. There was a great illusionist, but the guest entertainers change all the time. We liked the Broadway revue the best of the shows. The other shows all had gymnasts/dancers flying and tumbling in the air, and while I appreciate that it takes a lot of skill to do that, I find it boring to watch.

As I write this I'm sitting in the parking lot at my husband's job in a Chicago suburb. We are leaving the jumper cables on his battery, hoping to charge it up enough to start. Must be defective since he just bought it a couple of days ago. The thermometer reads -13. We are on the Equinox at the end of the month and I can safely say.....I don't care if we are entertained by trained poodles, it will be WAY better than this!

I certainly agree. The upside of being retired is not having to go out in this extreme weather. The downside is the pay is lousy.

Sue

We were on Silhouette in December. There was a great illusionist, but the guest entertainers change all the time. We liked the Broadway revue the best of the shows. The other shows all had gymnasts/dancers flying and tumbling in the air, and while I appreciate that it takes a lot of skill to do that, I find it boring to watch.

Does Celebrity still offer the Cirque show? Anyone remember Noodles? Can't remember his last name. He was another one we saw on different ships with the same routine.

Sue

Just off the 12/29 Silhouette New Year's cruise. We thought the entertainment was pretty good overall. The production shows were fun to watch. (We like the aerialists and thought the Broadway tribute show was the least strong, so go figure.)

One of the guest performers was really good -- Christina Bianco, a singer who has a great pair of lungs and does impressions of various "diva" singers such as Barbra, Liza, even Adele.

The other two guest performers were un-memorable.

We enjoyed Sin City Comedy quite a bit.

As I write this I'm sitting in the parking lot at my husband's job in a Chicago suburb...I don't care if we are entertained by trained poodles, it will be WAY better than this!

Now, that is funny! I don't care who you are. :D

Thats funny. how about untrained poodles?

Ha! Checking in from northern Ohio... we've warmed up to -7, wind chill -29. Heat wave! SO jealous you get to escape soon!

Does Celebrity still offer the Cirque show? Anyone remember Noodles? Can't remember his last name. He was another one we saw on different ships with the same routine.

Sue

Noodles Levenstein??? We saw him on our 1999 Mercury cruise. So bad. Although the young children in the audience thought he was hysterical.

I get the equinox, eclipse and silhouette entertainment mixed up a bit as to which was on what but we have had:

hypnotist

comedians

comedy jugglers

guest singers - none of which I enjoyed

the circus style shows with acrobats

the last night show with all the cast bit like cirque although on the Eclipse in September they told us it was the last time they were doing it and a new one was coming

Band doing the songs on john williams

crew shows

Jersey boys

magician and illusionists

BMX trickster

that's without the singers and dancers shows

I get the equinox, eclipse and silhouette entertainment mixed up a bit as to which was on what but we have had:

hypnotist

comedians

comedy jugglers

guest singers - none of which I enjoyed

the circus style shows with acrobats

the last night show with all the cast bit like cirque although on the Eclipse in September they told us it was the last time they were doing it and a new one was coming

Band doing the songs on john williams

crew shows

Jersey boys

magician and illusionists

BMX trickster

that's without the singers and dancers shows

All the acapellas aka Jersey Boys are gone fleetwide, add on lots of DJs.

One of the guest performers was really good -- Christina Bianco, a singer who has a great pair of lungs and does impressions of various "diva" singers such as Barbra, Liza, even Adele.

quote]

She was on our ill fated Millie cruise this summer and trapped in Ketchican like the rest of us. We truly enjoyed her performance. I had the oppertunity to chat with her a couple days after her performance and she struck me as a very nice person.

Noodles Levenstein??? We saw him on our 1999 Mercury cruise. So bad. Although the young children in the audience thought he was hysterical.

That's the guy. We saw him last on our 2003 Mercury Alaska cruise. He was on our previous year's Hawaii cruise so his routine was Very Familiar.

Sue