Shareholder OBC question

jtcoolk

HAL is very good about getting your OBC applied. It always seems difficult with Princess although I'm sure people will disagree. That has been my experience and no one has to agree with it.

This is a first for me. Yesterday, I faxed in my Shareholder request for our upcoming cruise and it was listed with my other OBC this morning at 7am. That is less than 24 houses from fax to personalizer!

This is a first for me. Yesterday, I faxed in my Shareholder request for our upcoming cruise and it was listed with my other OBC this morning at 7am. That is less than 24 houses from fax to personalizer!

That's great news! Hope it continues.

Definitely if there's 200 shares in the joint account.

If using the same 100, well they would have to be very loosely applying the rules, or not notice, for that to work.

~sent using Cruise Critic app~

DH and I jointly own 100 shares. On multiple occasions, we've booked separate cabins and we've always received OBC for both cabins. The first time we did this, Liza was still in charge of shareholder credits and she told me personally via phone that this was perfectly acceptable. I simply fax two separate requests, one for each booking number, each with a copy of our brokerage statement. On one, I highlight my name as the account owner and on the other I highlight DH's name as owner. As I said, we've never had any issue getting both OBCs applied.

DH and I jointly own 100 shares. On multiple occasions, we've booked separate cabins and we've always received OBC for both cabins. The first time we did this, Liza was still in charge of shareholder credits and she told me personally via phone that this was perfectly acceptable. I simply fax two separate requests, one for each booking number, each with a copy of our brokerage statement. On one, I highlight my name as the account owner and on the other I highlight DH's name as owner. As I said, we've never had any issue getting both OBCs applied.

I will definitely try this and see what happens. We booked the two of us in separate rooms in the hope we would get two OBCs and two sets of Elite benefits. If we do, it is a nice bonus. If not, at least we tried.

Edited by Jersey42

I will definitely try this and see what happens. We booked the two of us in separate rooms in the hope we would get two OBCs and two sets of Elite benefits. If we do, it is a nice bonus. If not, at least we tried.

FWIW, take my advice and do them a week apart. At least several days apart.

I must be just unlucky. I faxed in my shareholder request on December 11th, re-faxed it December 26th, and re-faxed it again January 8th. Still no credit.

Maybe try mailing it. Based upon reports here, mail often works better. I was really surprised to see my credit this morning.

I must be just unlucky. I faxed in my shareholder request on December 11th, re-faxed it December 26th, and re-faxed it again January 8th. Still no credit.

Did you call them? It seems to work well.

If you and your husband have completely separate accounts, each with at least 100 shares of CCL stock, and book separate cabins (known to happen if you're cruising with children,) you could apply for the shareholder benefit for each cabin.

We have done this, with 200 shares in a joint account. Both cabins get OBC as long as there are 200 shares total, with at least 100 in each person's name.

• 2 weeks later...

howdy,

is the shareholder obc limited to 1 per voyage, even on longer (20-111 days) cruises?

a second quasi related question: kind of the same thing for (elite) mini-bar set-up, (canapés), etc. on longer (20-111 days) cruises, are those benefits limited to one per sailing, (formal night), etc.

third: there's a schedule for elite obc's (beginning above 21+ cruises, right?) e.g.,

>21 = $25 obc;

>32 = $50 obc;

>42 = $75 obc; and,

>52 = $100 obc.

does the scale top-out at $100 obc per cruise, or does it keep going; and if so, at what schedule?

please advise. thank you!

howdy,

is the shareholder obc limited to 1 per voyage, even on longer (20-111 days) cruises?

a second quasi related question: kind of the same thing for (elite) mini-bar set-up, (canapés), etc. on longer (20-111 days) cruises, are those benefits limited to one per sailing, (formal night), etc.

third: there's a schedule for elite obc's (beginning above 21+ cruises, right?) e.g.,

>21 = $25 obc;

>32 = $50 obc;

>42 = $75 obc; and,

>52 = $100 obc.

does the scale top-out at $100 obc per cruise, or does it keep going; and if so, at what schedule?

please advise. thank you!

1. If you book your cruise in segments, you get credit for each. You must have different booking numbers in order to qualify for shareholder credit. If you book the cruise as ONE, you get one shareholder credit for the entire cruise. It's all about the amount of booking numbers you have.

2. If the cruise is sold in segments, no matter which way you book it, you will get a setup for each leg.

3. Yes; you top out at $100. I've been getting $100 for a long time. No complaints here. :D

Edited by Pia1913

Maybe try mailing it. Based upon reports here, mail often works better. I was really surprised to see my credit this morning.

hey pam & rocket man,

i had a similar experience (sending a couple times and still no obc). when i was on-board, i asked about it at guest relations--and they applied the obc. since i use an online 'fax',i was able to pull-up evidence of my fax attempts--but if you brought the papers you sent via fax, i don't see why they wouldn't accept those too.

anyhow, it's a great benefit--so a little inconvenience from time-to-time is no big deal. right?

1. If you book your cruise in segments, you get credit for each. You must have different booking numbers in order to qualify for shareholder credit. If you book the cruise as ONE, you get one shareholder credit for the entire cruise. It's all about the amount of booking numbers you have.

2. If the cruise is sold in segments, no matter which way you book it, you will get a setup for each leg.

3. Yes; you top out at $100. I've been getting $100 for a long time. No complaints here. :D

ah... makes sense. and yup, i agree with y'all ... no complaints here! thanks!

So I don't have any CCL stock at this time but considering it. Are the OBC benefits a yearly thing and reservations must be made by end of Feb and only on sailings before Aug? Thanks

The shareholder OBC is for each cruise you take. No limit. You must submit proof of ownership. Most send a copy of their broker statement. You do NOT have to own it when you book.

The plan requires annual renewal by the Board of Directors. The plan has been in effect for 15 or 20 years. I assume it will be renewed again next month. I fully expect to get the OBC on my 3 cruises in October/November.

We have done this, with 200 shares in a joint account. Both cabins get OBC as long as there are 200 shares total, with at least 100 in each person's name.

Just returned from a 5 day getaway on the Ruby Princess. I can confirm once again that two people jointly owning 100 shares will both get the OBC if booked in separate staterooms. DH and I traveled with his parents. We booked me and MIL in one room / him and FIL in second room. We jointly own 100 shares of CCL stock. All it took was to fax two separate Shareholder Credit Request Forms, one in each of our names with corresponding booking numbers, each with a copy of our joint brokerage statement. Both he and I were granted the OBC with no questions asked. If it makes people feel "safer", they can fax the requests a few days or weeks apart as has been suggested by a few others in this thread. But, in my experience, this is perfectly within the rules of the program and you are not "getting away with something" by doing it.

In a related note, DH and I are both Elite CC members, so both rooms received all of the Elite benefits as well by booking this way (including mini-bar setups). One point of caution. You will have to either officially switch rooms at the Passenger Services desk once onboard or, at the very least, get an extra "key only" card made for each room so that all parties will have access to the rooms they're actually staying in. For us, we just had extra "key cards" made because we weren't sure if they would try to rescind the Elite benefits from the second room if the two Elites were "officially" switched into one room.

Just relaying our experience. This worked great for us and if we ever cruise with others again, we will do the same thing to maximize our benefits.

Just returned from a 5 day getaway on the Ruby Princess. I can confirm once again that two people jointly owning 100 shares will both get the OBC if booked in separate staterooms. DH and I traveled with his parents. We booked me and MIL in one room / him and FIL in second room. We jointly own 100 shares of CCL stock. All it took was to fax two separate Shareholder Credit Request Forms, one in each of our names with corresponding booking numbers, each with a copy of our joint brokerage statement. Both he and I were granted the OBC with no questions asked. If it makes people feel "safer", they can fax the requests a few days or weeks apart as has been suggested by a few others in this thread. But, in my experience, this is perfectly within the rules of the program and you are not "getting away with something" by doing it.

In a related note, DH and I are both Elite CC members, so both rooms received all of the Elite benefits as well by booking this way (including mini-bar setups). One point of caution. You will have to either officially switch rooms at the Passenger Services desk once onboard or, at the very least, get an extra "key only" card made for each room so that all parties will have access to the rooms they're actually staying in. For us, we just had extra "key cards" made because we weren't sure if they would try to rescind the Elite benefits from the second room if the two Elites were "officially" switched into one room.

Just relaying our experience. This worked great for us and if we ever cruise with others again, we will do the same thing to maximize our benefits.

Thanks for your detailed advice.

If there are two people sharing one cabin...

One owns the 100 shares & the other does not...

Will the OBC still be applied?

Thanx, Steve

Yes the passenger owning the shares will receive the OBC.

That is my situation and it has always been applied.

Mike:)