Joe's Crab Shack?

CruiseNut24

Princess has some Crab Shack specialty restaurants on some ships. It's not Joe's Crab Shack, but they do a Crab Shack theme. I just had it on the Star Princess. I believe it's only on three ships. I really liked it. They took part of the Horizon Court on 4 or 5 nights of the 15 night cruise and offered a menu of a steam pot and few other things.

I love Joe's Crab Shack! Too bad its not the same, although it looks delicious anyway!! I would definitely pay to eat rather than just the free meal. I do prefer not to have sausage in my seafood, but Joe's does it that way too. I usually get the Lobster and Crab one though, without the sausage.

Here's the menu:

I just took the Christmas cruise from SF to Hawaii on the Grand (Dec 18-Jan 4) and the menu was slightly different... see photo below.

From the reviews given to me from fellow passengers, it was decent. Nobody absolutely loved it but nobody hated it either. We tried to get reservations but waited too long. I guess it fills up very fast.

crabshack.jpg

From the reviews given to me from fellow passengers, it was decent.

Nobody absolutely loved it but nobody hated it either.

We tried to get reservations but waited too long.

I guess it fills up very fast.

There were five of us that ate there one evening on Royal Princess.

All agreed it was tasty and well worth the $20pp surcharge.

:D

OK, I think I figured out how to upload photos. Here are my Crab Shack photos. They told me that everyone gets the same appetizer, soup and a choice from the dessert cart. For the entrée he said everyone gets the steam pot. LOL. I told him that was what I planned on ordering. It was a great meal for me.

DSCN1606.jpg.cd322ead84896ff335158900c73aeeb9.jpg

DSCN1610.jpg.b9624f7c40985f85e7da368fa69c596c.jpg

DSCN1604.jpg.ff854ff36d22f6104464078b1c7d845d.jpg

DSCN1613.jpg.29f827e28d307ffa4fa30f724582eceb.jpg

DSCN1615.jpg.6c6b682880b29b89bef0dffa75690943.jpg

Joe's Crab Shack is a (chain?) restaurant here in Texas with picnic table seating and all sorts of stuff hanging from the ceiling and walls. The food presentation is no where near as nice as the photos below. Definitely not Joe's onboard.

Joe's Crab Shack is a chain restaurant originally started by Landry's in Houston. It was sold to investors in 2006. They have restaurants in 35 states. It is fast food pseudo cajun.

They offered the Crab Shack special meal at lunch on the Island last fall on several sea days (we had quite a few since we crossed the canal). We chose not to partake as it is a specialty choice.

• 7 months later...
I loved it when I had it on the Star. It was probably the best meal I had on the ship and I went to Sabatini's and the Crown Grill, too. Loved it. For some reason, I can't seem to post pictures anymore or I'd show you the food I had.

we were on the Star Princess in July and had the crab shack dinner. Very much worth the $20. per person. Nice to have a different kind of meal. And because the horizon court at the back was cordoned off from the rest of the Horizon Court area, it felt special.

Joe's Crab Shack is a chain restaurant originally started by Landry's in Houston. It was sold to investors in 2006. They have restaurants in 35 states. It is fast food pseudo cajun.

There is also a Joe's Crab Shack in Ft. Lauderdale.

Yes--$20 pp charge. The food was good except for the hushpuppies. Hopefully, these have improved since we were on the Royal last fall. We enjoyed it and would do it again. It's a nice change of pace.

Yes--$20 pp charge. The food was good except for the hushpuppies. Hopefully, these have improved since we were on the Royal last fall. We enjoyed it and would do it again. It's a nice change of pace.

Yes, $20 pp cover charge.

I know, I was referring to Trevens land based one. ;)

I don't care for crab at all but my wife loves it. The crab legs in the pictures look a bit on the skinny side to me. There can't be a lot of meat in them. Are those in the picture typical of what is served?

I don't care for crab at all but my wife loves it. The crab legs in the pictures look a bit on the skinny side to me. There can't be a lot of meat in them. Are those in the picture typical of what is served?

Yes, thats why you need seconds and fourths.

Edited by Colo Cruiser

Pictured is snow crab but on the Ruby we had king crab. The menu on the Royal is a little different than it was on the Ruby.

Mike:)