Queen Elizabeth Sailaway Port Everglades, January 21, 2013

rafinmd

You've done about as well as you can within Cruise Critic. The big pictures people show are posted on an outside site like flicker with a link to the image. You can make an attached file a little better by clicking on the little paper clip icon like this:

[ATTACH]299536[/ATTACH]

but it's only a modest improvement. If you click on the little blurb above it will become a little bit clearer.

Roy

Thank you Roy, for the explanation!

In my adult life, I've only ever sailed Cunard and Holland America. I must say, I think a dark hull looks more like a "real" ship than those all-white jobs!

:D--im with you --my heart, lights up when i see a blue hull-

Or was it Scottish? One hour to go!

Not sure of the nationality. I've sailed with Captain Christopher Wells on QM2 and it did not sound like his voice. I'm guessing either the first or second officer.

Roy

Her bow is still all lit up, although the bridge is quite dark. I guess all those lights will have to be turned off before they are ready to go?

Captain Wells sounds familiar, and we had Commodore Warner I think it was on the QM2. Would either of them have moved over?

Edited by Vict0riann

Her bow is still all lit up, although the bridge is quite dark. I guess all those lights will have to be turned off before they are ready to go?

Captain Wells sounds familiar, and we had Commodore Warner I think it was on the QM2. Would either of them have moved over?

I would expect that the lights will be turned off soon.

One difference between the Cunard culture and most other cruise lines is that the Captains do shift quite routinely between ships rather than being assigned to a single ship.

Commodore Warner has retired. The new Commodore is Christopher Rynd, who I have sailed with several times. Even the Commodore rotates regularly between ships.

Roy

I'll be here watching...not that we can see Scrapnana in the dark! Wonder if they'll toot...or not. Busy all day packing and watching the snow forecast. Hopefully our flight leaves from Boston on Thursday so that we can board the Maasdam on Monday...and the Noordam on 2/7.

Edited by innlady1

I'll be here watching...not that we can see Scrapnana in the dark! Wonder if they'll toot...or not. Busy all day packing and watching the snow forecast. Hopefully our flight leaves from Boston on Thursday so that we can board the Maasdam on Monday...and the Noordam on 2/7.

Hope the weather cooperates and you have no problems getting to your cruises. I hope you have a nice two cruises!