Deployment schedule: let the guessing begin!

Rhapsody of the Seas entry also appears in Cairns June 17 and Darwin 21 2015.

If these two entries and the Sydney entry on June 12th are new (and not just relics of a previous plan that was cancelled) it would appear to be Legend. The repo from Florida would probably be via Panama not the Horn - the seas down around the Horn in May could be too dangerous. After the repo she'd spend the cooler months around the top of Australia and then home port in Brisbane for much of the year. Princess seem to get higher fares out of Brisbane than RCI's Serenade out of NOLA (with older ships too) so financially it makes more sense to re-deploy Legend to Brisbane/Australia than NOLA.

Princess have worked out the yield game with their 5 ships program down under. :D

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I don't believe this has been posted yet, but Cruising Power has the Anthem 8 night Transatlantic scheduled for 10/27 arriving in Cape Liberty on 11/4/15. Pricing and the ability to actually book is still blocked for now.

This is a good sign. Can you report when the next set of itineraries show up? Thanks :)

If these two entries and the Sydney entry on June 12th are new (and not just relics of a previous plan that was cancelled) it would appear to be Legend. The repo from Florida would probably be via Panama not the Horn - the seas down around the Horn in May could be too dangerous. After the repo she'd spend the cooler months around the top of Australia and then home port in Brisbane for much of the year. Princess seem to get higher fares out of Brisbane than RCI's Serenade out of NOLA (with older ships too) so financially it makes more sense to re-deploy Legend to Brisbane/Australia than NOLA.

Geoff they are not old relics from ship schedules.

Legend of the Seas departing 29/4 Fort Lauderdale to Sydney then to somewhere in Asia for a few months.

Then repositioned to Brisbane Australia for the Summer Season 2015/16.

Royal are certainly deserting the USA if this comes true.

I can handle boarding the Legend 5 miles from my home.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Royal Caribbean have a spot booked in Sydney under the name Rhapsody of the Seas 12 June 2015.

Is this the ship the USA is crying over losing?

It is a cold weather ship starting duty in Shanghai late June 2015.

Via Cape Horn possibly.

I am certain we can give her a great Aussie welcome.

Rhapsody of the Seas entry also appears in Cairns June 17 and Darwin 21 2015.

I reckon you might be onto something!! And if you're right, I'm willing to start selling organs to pay to be on that big girl. :D Surely she'd go via Singapore and dear ol' Scoot have uber cheap flights back to the Goldie.... (Although I'll also be very happy if it's Legend to be based in Brisbane)

And just to add some speculation - not sure of the timing of the build but the newly proposed Gold Coast Cruise Ship Terminal has been designed for the mega ships hasn't it? And it is being backed by the Chinese..... Could that have been factored into RCI's "strategic" move do you think? And then there's the fact that Lindeman Island's Club Med facility is supposedly being reno-ed by a Chinese company - that'd make a nice little port call enroute if they can get the ship in there....

Edited by madelk
Text size - sorry!

OMG Quantum doing a TP repo to China via Sydney, Darwin, Singapore. Now that would really have a lot of Americans crying spilt milk:eek:

Sydney OPT will have been extended to accommodate everything up to Oasis class - bring it on.

We welcome all the North Americans to Australia with open arms:)

Most of us Aussies have been spot on with the guessing game so far (except for Quantum).

Still say Legend will be coming to Oz later but think that the June dates are more likely linked to Quantum. Just my guess.

Hugh

OMG Quantum doing a TP repo to China via Sydney, Darwin, Singapore. Now that would really have a lot of Americans crying spilt milk:eek:

If I'm honest - I really doubt it that it's realistic myself but there's no harm in dreaming. :D And it would be one way to get an incredible amount of publicity and advertising by "dropping in" to as many random ports and countries as possible. Be a taster/tease "Look at this! Would you like a piece of it? Come and cruise!!" You only have to entice new cruisers onboard once then the repeat business looks after itself :cool:

There has been a LOT of talk in the last year or so about how ridiculously fast the Australian market is GROWING.

I'd like to see Legend here in Brisbane doing some PNG/Indo trips to rival Princess and P&O - something different to what becomes boring with the Pacific Islands & NZ and which don't encourage me to be a repeat guest to the same ports over and over....

I'd like to see Legend here in Brisbane doing some PNG/Indo trips to rival Princess and P&O - something different to what becomes boring with the Pacific Islands & NZ and which don't encourage me to be a repeat guest to the same ports over and over....

There are the same complaints about the Caribbean. :D Wanna trade? :D:p:)

Geoff they are not old relics from ship schedules.

Legend of the Seas departing 29/4 Fort Lauderdale to Sydney then to somewhere in Asia for a few months.

Then repositioned to Brisbane Australia for the Summer Season 2015/16.

Royal are certainly deserting the USA if this comes true.

I can handle boarding the Legend 5 miles from my home.

That will be a lot more convenient for you than flying to Sydney. I'm also hopeful for Legend cruises to PNG, Solomons and Indo out of Brisbane in the cooler months and will happily fly up from Sydney.

I think Royal has just woken up to the fact that the yields on offer are higher in Australasia then the US because it isn't as competitive here (yet). Mind you, if the Aussie dollar collapses, those yields are going to fall sharply in US dollar terms. :)

A Quantum visit to Australia would be awesome, but less likely imho.

Edited by geoff2802

I think you've missed what some people are saying. We know that Rhapsody will be in Europe in June 2015. In fact, she's due to sail from Istanbul on the 12th of June, plus she's never normally in Australian waters in June anyway. There is a place holder, under the name of Rhapsody at Sydney's OPT on June 12, 2015. Cruise lines have been known to do this when they aren't ready to reveal which actual ship will be in port. Is it a coincidence that Quantum will start sailing from Shanghai in late June 2015? Perhaps the ship might visit Sydney as part of it's repositioning? If this is the case, they more than likely won't reveal this for a few more weeks. Otherwise, if it's not Quantum, why do RCI have a booking at Sydney's Overseas Passenger Terminal?

ok.

Any new word on the Spring 2016 Hawaii schedule? :confused: :(

Edit: Celebrity Millennium in April 2016 has two overnights and is starting to look really nice.

I wish I could do that Millenium cruise, but it is too early in April for my keepers at work. I would be pushing it with some schedule rearranging as it is with the Solstice, but it is doable. That is one reason I am so interested in the Radiance schedule - hoping it is a bit later and longer!

I wish I could do that Millenium cruise, but it is too early in April for my keepers at work. I would be pushing it with some schedule rearranging as it is with the Solstice, but it is doable. That is one reason I am so interested in the Radiance schedule - hoping it is a bit later and longer!

I don't have that time restraint but I will keep waiting a little while longer for the Radiance sked.

By the way, Have a great time on your upcoming Jewel B2B. Wish I was going.

Just a more local aside:)

Apparently Carnival and Port of Galveston are to make announcements Thursday 4/24 approx 0900 eastern.

Rumour mill says Carnival Freedom headed to Galveston? Who knows ??

It is already Apr 24 here in Oz didnt see anything :rolleyes::) will have to wait till tomorrow Apr 25 by then it will be the 24th in your neck of the wods:)

Edit: Celebrity Millennium in April 2016 has two overnights and is starting to look really nice.

Probably come out on the 29th. Dates should be similar to this year though. You could always rejoin the ship for this year if you are starting to get jumpy:D

Hugh

Royal Caribbean posted this on the Oz Facebook page an hour ago.

The countdown is almost over! Not long until our 2015-16 Australia, New Zealand and South Pacific cruises are released. Who's excited?

The Explorer of the Seas info has not reappeared on the Royal Australian Facebook web page. Quantum of the Seas info still features.

Edited by springaussie

Hi,

Can anyone say me why in San Juan the two ships are based which are NOT refurbished (Jewel, Adventure)?

Is San Juan not such an important port?

Remember: even for Asia the refurbished ships are used! Remember, for ASIA!!! :confused:

Hi,

Can anyone say me why in San Juan the two ships are based which are NOT refurbished (Jewel, Adventure)?

Is San Juan not such an important port?

Remember: even for Asia the refurbished ships are used! Remember, for ASIA!!! :confused:

Adventure was refurbished in the last 2 weeks.

REST & RELAXATION

•VitalitySM Spa with 100+ treatments including massages and acupunture

•4 pools including the Solarium, an adults-only retreat*

•6 whirlpools

•State-of-the-art Fitness Center, with classes including yoga and tai chi

• COMING SOON Upgrades in technology including flat screen TVs in each stateroom, digital wayfinders and pervasive onboard Wi-Fi

• COMING SOON Outdoor, poolside movie screen

• COMING SOON Diamond Club, an exclusive space for Crown & Anchor Society members at the Diamond level or above

*During inclement weather and select hours, the ship may permit the Solarium Pool to be used by persons under age 16 provided they are directly supervised by a parent or guardian.

The COMING SOON is now done.

Just a more local aside:)

Apparently Carnival and Port of Galveston are to make announcements Thursday 4/24 approx 0900 eastern.

Rumour mill says Carnival Freedom headed to Galveston? Who knows ??

Makes sense.... Since Port Of Galveston is making the port bigger & better to handle Royal Caribbeans larger ships... It would be able to handle larger Carnival ones too. Pretty sure Carnival is feeling the push to compete right about now! :-)

Any TAs out there with anymore info on the Anthem 2015/2016 itineraries? I know it's only one more day right!

Just speculating, but I wouldn't be at all surprised if RCI issues a press release late this afternoon outlining the Anthem itineraries out of Bayonne in advance of booking opening tomorrow.