Deployment schedule: let the guessing begin!

Just speculating, but I wouldn't be at all surprised if RCI issues a press release late this afternoon outlining the Anthem itineraries out of Bayonne in advance of booking opening tomorrow.

That would be nice. I'm not holding my breath though on better itineraries than they have currently for Quantum. One can only hope. :o

Makes sense.... Since Port Of Galveston is making the port bigger & better to handle Royal Caribbeans larger ships... It would be able to handle larger Carnival ones too. Pretty sure Carnival is feeling the push to compete right about now! :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

EDIT: Originally expressed confusion as to how Carnival Freedom would be an upgrade over Carnival Magic (of Carnival's current newest and largest class of ships), but I just found the Carnival press release and see that Carnival Freedom will be joining Carnival Magic and Carnival Triumph, leaving 3 ships in Galveston.

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

Edited by Dave85

EDIT: Originally expressed confusion as to how Carnival Freedom would be an upgrade over Carnival Magic (of Carnival's current newest and largest class of ships), but I just found the Carnival press release and see that Carnival Freedom will be joining Carnival Magic and Carnival Triumph, leaving 3 ships in Galveston.

Also fills the gap while Magic is in drydock spring 2015.

Royal Caribbean posted this on the Oz Facebook page an hour ago.

The countdown is almost over! Not long until our 2015-16 Australia, New Zealand and South Pacific cruises are released. Who's excited?

The Explorer of the Seas info has not reappeared on the Royal Australian Facebook web page. Quantum of the Seas info still features.

LOL, another delaying tactic by RCI. Their definition of "not long" is dramatically different than most people. :mad:

Probably come out on the 29th. Dates should be similar to this year though. You could always rejoin the ship for this year if you are starting to get jumpy:D

Hugh

Wish we could go this year as it is just a couple days away. :( But we already have the fall transit booked.

I am looking for the spring (April/May) of 2016. If it is similar to this year which is 12 nights I will take it. But if it is like next year's which is just a nine night express, forget about it. :(

LOL, another delaying tactic by RCI. Their definition of "not long" is dramatically different than most people. :mad:

Why are you laughing out loud???????:rolleyes:

We in Galveston are happy with both cruise lines!!

Carnival third ship info has been on street in Galveston

For while and I mentioned it here a couple of times on Cruise critic.

Also under RCCL new contract with Port of Galveston

RCCL already has right for second ship.

I believe though Carnivals Contract is only for use of terminal # 1

And RCCL contract is only for use of terminal #2.

There is also presently a feasibility study on going for a third terminal

And my information is it is for RCCL.

Until further info comes Carnival is at terminal #1 and RCCL at #2 with

Expansion in progress plus probability of a second RCCL terminal.

RCCL has full time ship here and now the larger Freedom Class.

The good observation for Galveston is the anticipated

continued southern migration to Texas

And the already 5 of largest cities in the US

in Texas. Houston Dallas FT worth San Antonio

and Austin are all less than a five hour drive to Galveston!

plus the entire Midwestern states feeding

the cruising industry.

Houston is exploding right now and is the energy capital of the world.

And Hobby will be an international airport soon.

Not to mention Galveston/Houston becoming even more major import/export

Marine port because of the Panama Canal feeding good thru out the Midwestern US.

Edited by ssb

Why are you laughing out loud???????:rolleyes:

We in Galveston are happy with both cruise lines!!

Carnival third ship info has been on street in Galveston

For while and I mentioned it here a couple of times on Cruise critic.

Also under RCCL new contract with Port of Galveston

RCCL already has right for second ship.

I believe though Carnivals Contract is only for use of terminal # 1

And RCCL contract is only for use of terminal #2.

There is also presently a feasibility study on going for a third terminal

And my information is it is for RCCL.

Until further info comes Carnival is at terminal #1 and RCCL at #2 with

Expansion in progress plus probability of a second RCCL terminal.

RCCL has full time ship here and now the larger Freedom Class.

The good observation for Galveston is the anticipated

continued southern migration to Texas

And the already 5 of largest cities in the US

in Texas. Houston Dallas FT worth San Antonio

and Austin are all less than a five hour drive to Galveston!

plus the entire Midwestern states feeding

the cruising industry.

Houston is exploding right now and is the energy capital of the world.

And Hobby will be an international airport soon.

Not to mention Galveston/Houston becoming even more major import/export

Marine port because of the Panama Canal feeding good thru out the Midwestern US.

What in the world are you rambling on about? My comment was on the delay in putting out the Hawaii/Australia schedule. I definitely have no publishable comment on Galveston. [emoji14]

Sent from my Galaxy Note 3 using Tapatalk

What in the world are you rambling on about? My comment was on the delay in putting out the Hawaii/Australia schedule. I definitely have no publishable comment on Galveston. [emoji14]

Royal are not using the words Hawaii, Suez Canal. London to Sydney and Asia when talking about the Australian deployment being released. Just Australia, New Zealand and South Pacific.

The word "Explorer" is taking the back seat now.

My mistake then.!!

I apologize to you!

Edited by ssb

Just speculating, but I wouldn't be at all surprised if RCI issues a press release late this afternoon outlining the Anthem itineraries out of Bayonne in advance of booking opening tomorrow.

Was a notice sent to C&A members regarding Anthem booking on April 25? I have been trying for many years but just do not get any e-mails from RCL. I just hung up from speaking with C&A once again about this issue and told the rep I had to get my info from Cruise Critic! She stated she is not aware of, and there has been no announcement about, Anthem booking on April 25. :confused:

Was a notice sent to C&A members regarding Anthem booking on April 25? I have been trying for many years but just do not get any e-mails from RCL. I just hung up from speaking with C&A once again about this issue and told the rep I had to get my info from Cruise Critic! She stated she is not aware of, and there has been no announcement about, Anthem booking on April 25. :confused:

It was announced in an official RCI press release. Pretty baffling that C&A is in the dark. Check the Royal Caribbean Press Center (Google to find it).

No notice here so far.

I became a very sqeeky wheel for almost 2 years to get back onto their email list!

All contact was through C&A emails from the web site. Kept replying to their answers after some time had past / that we were still not on their list.

Good luck!

Also applied on the web site often hoping something would stick!a

Thanks a bunch. Yes, quite alarming what reps don't know.

I think they hire the cheapest people they can find probably minimum wage or not much more so the reps really have no knowledge on what is going on you can find more accurate information here on cruise critic

Will we see Anthem cruises finish so she can go to Alaska 2016?

That will be the first thing I will be looking out for.

I give this a 0.00001% chance... Anthem to go to New York, so it would have to relocate back to Europe and through the Suez/Asia/Oz and then Trans Pacific, or around South America.

Now if you're talking about Quantum from China, that's different. She could take over Rhapsody's missing itinerary, including a Transpacific through Hawaii!! Quantum would be the most unbelievable ship for Alaska and probably the only area of the world I can think of (other than Norway) where the North Star feature would actually mean something and come to real use for cruisers. Quantum would be the very best cold weather ship... I think Royal would clean up in this market as I feel she would sell out and command big dollars on any Alaskan run.

Will we see Anthem cruises finish so she can go to Alaska 2016?

That will be the first thing I will be looking out for.

No, Anthem will be going to Asia :D LOL

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Any TA's seeing Anthem itineraries from Bayonne for Winter '15-'16 up in CruisingPower? They aren't currently showing up on the RCI website even after I sign into my C&A.

Yes the Anthem now appears in Cruising Power and can be booked, prices only showing when a specific sailing is selected.

They also must be still loading data, because C&A balcony discounts are not appearing. Also glad I am doing the Quantum this December and not December 2015 based on the prices I am seeing for the same sailing!

Edited by Case1096

Yes the Anthem now appears in Cruising Power and can be booked, prices only showing when a specific sailing is selected.

They also must be still loading data, because C&A balcony discounts are not appearing. Also glad I am doing the Quantum this December and not December 2015 based on the prices I am seeing for the same sailing!

Are the itineraries the same as Quantum's?

Are the itineraries the same as Quantum's?

Pretty much, not a ton you can do with itineraries from Bayonne, takes 2-3 days to get anywhere descent.

Also the Transatlantic is not bookable, wondering if it will be a non revenue sailing since it has no stops between Southampton and NJ.