No tote bags now?

margbem

I have just been reading a review of a Sojourn trip in December (on another, UK) cruise site and the writer stated that they were offered just one soap by their stewardess and that there were no Seabourn tote bags left on the bed for the cruisers to use ashore.

Is this happening as a matter of course now, or was it a one-off?

I have just been reading a review of a Sojourn trip in December (on another, UK) cruise site and the writer stated that they were offered just one soap by their stewardess and that there were no Seabourn tote bags left on the bed for the cruisers to use ashore.

Is this happening as a matter of course now, or was it a one-off?

We did the Sojourn Holiday cruise - 18 days through the Panama Canal - we got all the soap we wanted and 2 tote bags - one for each of us.

I think it was a matter of who the stewardess was. A few years back we were offered 1 soap and no tote bag. I found out from the head housekeeper that she was new, and obviously wasn't listening when being trained.

I don't know if the tote bags are cheap and nasty but there are also other differentiators that merit mention:

First there is the tote bag that proudly displays "Yachts of Seabourn" and not just "Seabourn" (or whatever they say these days). A nod to tradition of years past for the discerning veterans among us.

Then there is the tote bag model which includes the secret and secure zipper pocket, an important feature to those of us who know thoughtful design when we see it. If yours doesn't have the zipper pocket, well, you just don't have the full package, do you?

Now you know.

Happy cruising!

I don't know if the tote bags are cheap and nasty but there are also other differentiators that merit mention:

First there is the tote bag that proudly displays "Yachts of Seabourn" and not just "Seabourn" (or whatever they say these days). A nod to tradition of years past for the discerning veterans among us.

Then there is the tote bag model which includes the secret and secure zipper pocket, an important feature to those of us who know thoughtful design when we see it. If yours doesn't have the zipper pocket, well, you just don't have the full package, do you?

Now you know.

Happy cruising!

We each received the tote with the zipper pocket. They still fell apart after one washing. Convenient for using whilst on the cruise, and I can't imagine any use beyond that. The ones from years ago were better quality, but I had no need for them once back home. Certainly doesn't compare to my gym bag.

Still use my old 'Yachts of Seabourn' bag, and it has been washed several times (quite hard to iron though). I have a few of the newer ones; less attractive and do not use them. Shall I put them on eBay?

Yes, the older ones were better quality - thicker. The new ones are paper thin; the writing and logo virtually disappear after one washing.

We did the Sojourn Holiday cruise - 18 days through the Panama Canal - we got all the soap we wanted and 2 tote bags - one for each of us.

You must stop lining up the gags for me....

"So next time get it out of the wrapper and use it" :)

We had not 1, not 2 but all 3 types of soap in the bathroom together with all manner of Molton Brown bottles for the shower and bath.

2 bags which we did use ashore and I actually like the fact they are understated. I tend to wear with the logo facing inwards so as not to draw attention. To sling by the pool, on the beach or in a boat they are perfect. Will they get used after the cruise? Probably not.

Henry :)

Edited by Able Seaman H

We received 2 Seabourn totes early on in the cruise. (Sojourn World Cruise) Two nights ago we got 2 of the fold up lightweight nylon World Cruise totes--very handy. Truly believe the lack of totes on previous cruises was an oversight. Not okay but sometines one must ask.

Thanks everyone. We find them useful for all sorts of things at home but it really is useful to have something to carry beach towels off the ship whilst on Seabourn.

We also have a couple of the black nylon Seabourn bags, presented to us when we won Trivia one time!

We have several bags from various cruise lines. I use them when I go grocery shopping. Their visibility started a conversation with another customer regarding what we thought about Seabourn. Probably sent them a new client!! lol

• 2 weeks later...

We didn't receive one on a Caribbean cruise in the Sojourn in November and didn't see anyone else with them either so thought they may have discontinued them. We were expecting one as we didn't pack a similar type bag to carry iPads/ books and sunscreen etc, hopefully next time...

We didn't receive one on a Caribbean cruise in the Sojourn in November and didn't see anyone else with them either so thought they may have discontinued them. We were expecting one as we didn't pack a similar type bag to carry iPads/ books and sunscreen etc, hopefully next time...

Interesting. I still had them on the Pride in September and October.

Now you know.

Happy cruising!

I also have the blue tote bag with the white and blue handles with the logo and Yachts of Seabourn in gold.