Sanctuary prices shocked!!

jackieo

It is called maximizing profit or else screwing the suckers. You raise the price until people stop coming. Then they lower it a bit and the suckers think that they are getting a deal and they run in and buy.

If you and everyone else think that the sanctuary is not worth $40, don't book it.

DON

I assume the $40/day is for two loungers in the cabana which would make more sense and be in line with current pricing of $29/pp/day.
I'm thinking you are correct. A single full day in the sanctuary has been $20 on all ships except the Royal where the price was increased to $25 for a single full day. $40 must either be for two people orthe Canal transit day.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I just got off the Caribbean Princess yesterday (Feb. 15th). The sanctuary was $105 per person for the full 7 day cruise. The steward did say she thought the prices might be going up but she didn't know to how much. I would also like to say that the Sanctuary was wonderful and very relaxing. I can't take a lot of sun and the shady areas were very nice. It does cost extra but it really made our trip!

Sounds like prices for viewing while in the Panama Canal. Checked the bridge cam and the Island is in Los Angeles.

Enjoy yourself Jackie, hello to Alan!

Hi there Phyl. Good to hear from you! Hello to Jim

Yes we are on panama full transit. I checked prices $40 a day not just for transit day. Pam I will ask about whole cruise prices and get back to everyone on that.

This is a new ship for us. Initial thoughts we like her lot. Feels very roomy and we are sailing full

Jackieo.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Just got a text from our friends ...Island is following the sapphire Princess down the channel now to open water. She did book a Cabana #3 at $40/per day....yikes....hope she is not lonely up there....:o

Does the price of the cabana at $40 per day include two lounger chairs in the cost. If so,then at $20 per person it would be in line with previous cost? Cannot see many takers at $40 per lounger pet person each day.

Would be interested to know asthere seems to be many interpretations of the present rates.

I was on the Royal lady month and the cost was $40 per day per person and $240 for the week.
QUOTE=jackieo;41694004]Yes we are on panama full transit. I checked prices $40 a day not just for transit day. Pam I will ask about whole cruise prices and get back to everyone on that.For our Panama Canal transit we booked booked an oceanview and used the Sanctuary as our balcony. $600 less for the cabin minus $195 for the Sanctaury saved us $405 per person. If the Sanctuary is now $40 per day then the cost would be $520 for the full cruise. I would rather have a balcony cabin for that same difference.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I agree - that has got to be for TWO (2) lounge chairs @ $40 a day (in other words, $20 per lounge chair per day). Right? Jackieo still doesn't specify if it's for one or two lounge chairs.
And I agree. Often, people don't specify whether costs are per-person, per-cabin, for two people, etc.

We know the Royal's price went up but then it was more expensive to start with. The cost when I used it in October was $15/half day, $30/full day so a jump to $40/pp/day wasn't doubling it.

If the Island is truly $40/pp/day, then the cost has doubled, which doesn't make sense, at least to me.

This is not good news for me if they have decided to raise the price to $40 pp, per day on all ships. I will be on the Emerald in 10-days and I guess I will just have to wait until then to find out what the price is. I've been reading recent reviews, and watching the threads, but no recent reviews (That I found) mentioned the Sanctuary. $800 for the two us is just too much.:(

Hi there

I asked and was told 40 per person per day. 420 per person for whole 15 day cruise.

Jackieo

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

420 per person for the,whole 15 day cruise is 28 per day, or 30 per day if they,only charge on a 14 night basis. Although it may have gone up to 40 per person per day, it still looks as,though there is still a discount if booking the whole cruise. Still at that price, then the price rise is still way over the top. We won't be thinking of booking again it if this is the case.

Will be interested to hear from any cruisers who are on the Emerald in the near future.

We booked the Sanctuary for the week last October on the Star at $20 and considered that a bit much for what we received. We were almost the only people in the Sanctuary. If it truly is going to $40PP, we will enjoy our large balcony even more.:D:D

This is not good news for me if they have decided to raise the price to $40 pp, per day on all ships. I will be on the Emerald in 10-days and I guess I will just have to wait until then to find out what the price is. I've been reading recent reviews, and watching the threads, but no recent reviews (That I found) mentioned the Sanctuary. $800 for the two us is just too much.:(

Will be interested to hear from you when you are on the Emerald shortly. We await your report on,sanctuary cost.

Wow! Did that include Canal transit day? It used to be that transit day wasn't included in the. "whole" cruise and you paid extra for just that day. I think it was around $75 for the day.

$420/15 days = $28/day

Not on full transit cruises. There was never an extra charge for the canal day. Only on the partials.

I was on the Emerald Jan 18 - 28 and the Sanctuary only ever had a handful of people in it - it was never even remotely full. I don't use it because I don't want the same lounger each day - I pick my deck spot according to the sun and wind direction - so I didn't enquire about the price.

I'm on the Sapphire Mar 1 - 11 so I could check out the price then altho' I still won't be buying a spot.

I am curious what the attraction of the Sanctuary on Canal Day would be? Just a more exclusive area with less people? I would hope for $40 there is something more than that. :confused:

Will be on the Island for the LA/FLL cruise in April and will be asking some questions about this. We are in the far aft cabin on Caribe deck, and the corner balcony is where I plan to be for at least part of the day. :cool:

Not on full transit cruises. There was never an extra charge for the canal day. Only on the partials.
You sure it's not the other way around? I was most definitely charged extra/separately for the full Canal transit day on the Island Princess from Vancouver to FLL last year. I wasn't able to get the same lounger that I'd booked for the entire cruise plus there was a party of Australians who booked four loungers for the morning of the transit yet they had a group of eight people, four of whom refused to leave. They were drinking, screaming and hollering the entire three hours they were there. I'm glad they were having a good time but it wasn't a "sanctuary" and obnoxious behavior. Thank goodness they booked just the morning. The current Island sailing is a full transit, not a partial.

I can also confirm that on the full transit the Sanctuary is not included if you purchase for the entire cruise. On the Island it was $70 just for the transit day. I have heard a lower price quoted for the Coral full transit cruises for canal transit day. There is so much to see during the full transit. By contrast, on a partial transit you go through the Gatun Locks, anchor in Gatun Lake on a very hot and humid day and then go back through the Gatun locks again. Not much to draw people to the Sanctuary.

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

You sure it's not the other way around? I was most definitely charged extra/separately for the full Canal transit day on the Island Princess from Vancouver to FLL last year. I wasn't able to get the same lounger that I'd booked for the entire cruise plus there was a party of Australians who booked four loungers for the morning of the transit yet they had a group of eight people, four of whom refused to leave. They were drinking, screaming and hollering the entire three hours they were there. I'm glad they were having a good time but it wasn't a "sanctuary" and obnoxious behavior. Thank goodness they booked just the morning. The current Island sailing is a full transit, not a partial.

Unless it's changed recently. With search being down I can't find the posts but there are numerous claiming it's only for the partials. And I can attest to it not being the case on Coral when we did it.