Shipboard Accounts - Please help

babs135

Please help settle a small difference between DH and myself!!

We are hoping to take a cruise later this year and will be sharing the cabin with our adult daughter. I say that at check-in if she shows her own credit card then she will be credited with any purchases she makes. DH disagrees and says that she will be on our statement and we would then have to work out what she owes us.

Who is right? (You do realise that if it is DH, he will be absolutely thrilled with himself and won't be able to resist saying that he told me so, whilst if I'm right I will just quietly smile to myself :D )

You are right. Each sea pass card can have its own credit card.

Of course, if you or dh buy stuff for dd on your sea pass card (drinks), then you'll have to square up on those charges at end of trip.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Your DH is wrong. Different people in the same cabin can have separate seaboard accounts. If a cabin had four adult family members in it, they could all have separate accounts. And when you think of it, it's clear why cruise lines facilitate this. It's not always families who share cabins, it can be groups of friends, who will obviously want their own bills. Also, there is the matter of privacy. Your daughter is an adult, and might not want her parents to know what she is spending her money on!

So now you can smile quietly to yourself :D

Edited by aquilegia

Each person in the cabin can have their own shipboard account. One person does not have to pay for everyone and then have people figure out who bought what.

More women travel together than men -- and I have read here on various board how they set up their accounts before they even leave home. It can be done on-line.

We are hoping to take a cruise later this year and will be sharing the cabin with our adult daughter. I say that at check-in if she shows her own credit card then she will be credited with any purchases she makes. DH disagrees and says that she will be on our statement and we would then have to work out what she owes us.

Who is right? (You do realise that if it is DH, he will be absolutely thrilled with himself and won't be able to resist saying that he told me so, whilst if I'm right I will just quietly smile to myself :D )

as mentioned by another poster she can set up her shipboard account and enter the CC# using the cruise line website - same place that you enter passport information.

then at check-in they will run her cc again to verify available funds.

Edited by alexspepa

Everyone has their own account. Each person connects "whichever" CC they want to their account. You and DH can be on one CC but even the two of you can be on separate ones if you wish, and your daughter on hers.

You will each have your own OnBoardAccount. You will each specify how it will be paid. The three of you can use one credit card, two cards (you & DH on one and DW on other) or each use your own. Where two or more accounts go to the same credit card, the end balances are rolled together.

Your DH is wrong. Different people in the same cabin can have separate seaboard accounts. If a cabin had four adult family members in it, they could all have separate accounts. And when you think of it, it's clear why cruise lines facilitate this. It's not always families who share cabins, it can be groups of friends, who will obviously want their own bills. Also, there is the matter of privacy. Your daughter is an adult, and might not want her parents to know what she is spending her money on!

So now you can smile quietly to yourself :D

"Privacy" any one in the cabin can access the account of that cabin by using the TV I believe.

:D:D:D Thanks everyone.

You both are.

it is all in how you set up the account BEFORE boarding. if you agree to be responsible for all parties then yes her account will be linked to your credit card. if you do not want to do this then you have to supply a credit card to link her card/charge privileges to. we set ours up online befe we even leave. but it is possible to do so at check in/boarding.