Hals Chef Rudi Sodamin And Team Win Best Master Chef Dinner Award

aliaschief

Chef Rudi and team are recognized as having best Chef Table. Sure some may agree and some may not. We have always enjoyed the dinner.

Either way yeah team. If this is old news sorry but have not seen another post.

Here is link to the full article.

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/rudi-sodamins-master-chefs-table-named-best-dining-experience-by-porthole-cruise-magazine-247309131.html

Edited by aliaschief

We have done several Chef's Table on HAL and have certainly enjoyed all of them.

Having said that, we prefer the Princess model for its better overall experience value. Flowing Champagne in the galley with the head chef, the maitre d', and the head sommelier accompanied by four different hors d'oeuvre. A really beautifully decorated table in the Main Dining Room and table-side service once again by the head chef, the maitre d', and the head sommelier. All in all, a very nice evening.

Has anyone ever heard of Porthole Cruise Magazine? The winner was chosen by by Editor-in-Chief Bill Panoff.

The magazine is a relatively low circulation cruise insider magazine (we have enjoyed some issues). What is interesting about this "award" is that it is based on the opinion of a single person (the Editor) who does not even claim to be a food expert. Porthole does a great job promoting the cruise industry and you will seldom read anything critical of the industry in that magazine.

Hank

chef, rudi? a laugh and a half. food on hal is mediocre or worse, by most anyone's standards. maybe not on the elite, expensive 'chef table'. but just try the gruel served anywhere else. i can deal with 'gruel,' but i cannot deal with outrageous 'awards.' why not advertise that 'if you are among the elite on hal, you may be invited to rudi's table and be served something worth to eat.' otherwise, forget it. poor banquet and buffet food for you. trashy leftovers, overpicked desserts, cold rolls, soups not worth a russian buffet, tough steaks, overcooked lamb chops, and mushy veggies. and little butter or stringly sauces. and wilted lettuce salads. and room service? well, only the chocolate cake seems to arrive in edible condition. i order broth with rice and chocolate cake. that seems to have escaped 'chef rudi.' he's a joke.

chef, rudi? a laugh and a half. food on hal is mediocre or worse, by most anyone's standards. maybe not on the elite, expensive 'chef table'. but just try the gruel served anywhere else. i can deal with 'gruel,' but i cannot deal with outrageous 'awards.' why not advertise that 'if you are among the elite on hal, you may be invited to rudi's table and be served something worth to eat.' otherwise, forget it. poor banquet and buffet food for you. trashy leftovers, overpicked desserts, cold rolls, soups not worth a russian buffet, tough steaks, overcooked lamb chops, and mushy veggies. and little butter or stringly sauces. and wilted lettuce salads. and room service? well, only the chocolate cake seems to arrive in edible condition. i order broth with rice and chocolate cake. that seems to have escaped 'chef rudi.' he's a joke.

Why not tell us how you really feel;)

Question - if you are that unhappy why sail HAL?:confused:

I haven't experienced any gruel on HAL nor tough steaks, overcooked lamb chops and the rest that you describe. I do know how to cook - so you have either had bad luck, gone on the wrong ships or I've been lucky.

Still at a loss to understand why you would go back onboard - eating in the PG each night?

And yet you're cruising on HAL again in, how few is it?, days? :rolleyes:

I feel sad to read you continue to sail on a cruise line that you vehemently state, time and again, is so beneath your standards? :o Why?

There is no requirement you need ever associate with any of us or pay your money to board ships you think so poorly of.

How about finding ships you will enjoy more?

Just wanted to say I'm feeling sorry for you and that your anger, frustration and dissatisfaction with Holland America is not infectious to the many of us who are still enjoying our Dam cruises. There is no invite to Rudi's Master Chef table.

You pay a good fee for it and than you can decide if you want to try it again. It's open to all who scramble upon boarding to book the fine dining experience.

If your so disgusted with Holland America channel your feelings to Seattle as nothing is to be gained here on CC.

Edited by aliaschief

If I were you, I would start looking at land vacations. The sea air has obviously attacked your brain cells.

It sounds like you enjoy the broth & rice and top it all off with some edible cake (Chef Rudi's?).

I'm glad someone is keeping the food costs down for us non-gourmads.

Seriously, be well & enjoy what you can.

Bob

So why have you booked another cruise on HAL?