Silhouette Smoking Sections

Colorado Buffalo

I posted yesterday that we have cabin 7183-

I'm concerned that it is possibly two floors above the mid-ship smoking section. I called Celebrity on my lunch hour (on hold 30 min) and was told

that the only smoking section is in the back of the ship by the Sunset Bar.

Is this true ??? I have a feeling I was lied to. :mad:

My wife is allergic to cigarette smoke so this is a big deal to us.

Here is a list of the designated smoking areas on the Silhouette so you know what areas to avoid.

Smoking areas on the S-class ships -- Solstice, Equinox, Eclipse & Silhouette:

Deck 12 (Pool Deck) – Port (left)-side only – outside just forward of the mid-ship elevators

Deck 14 (Lido Deck forward/mid-ship) – Starboard (right)-side only – outside at the Mast Bar

Deck 15 (Lawn Club Deck aft) – Port (left)-side only – outside at the Sunset Bar – This is the area where Cigar & Pipe smoking is permitted.

Deck 5 (Entertainment Deck mid-ship) – Port (left)-side only – outside of the mid-ship elevators

Deck 5 (Entertainment Deck forward) – Port (left)-side only – outside of the forward elevators/Theatre

Based on your cabin number, you will be about half-way between and 2 decks above the smoking areas on Deck 5.

You are at least 20 cabins away from the smoking sections on Deck 5, and two decks up. Cannot possibly imagine how you could be affected in your location.

And, yes, you did receive incorrect information from the Celebrity rep. They actually have no clue about the ships and where things are located! :( Best thing to do is look at a deck plan.

The two smoking sections on Deck 5 are just outside the Celebrity Theater and outside the stairway/elevator area aft - just aft of Bistro on Five. Both are portside.

There is also an area on Deck 14 by the pool (portside), Deck 15 at the Sunset Bar (portside), and the Mast Bar - Deck 15 (starboard).

These are the "normal" smoking areas. Subject to change, of course, at the discretion of the Master of the ship. Have a great cruise!

No, as stated, there are at least three areas for smokers on all Celebrity ships, and sometimes more. One will be a portion of the covered promenade area, one near the pool, one in the aft, and Silhouette has more than that. Perhaps your friend just didn't look for the other areas on the Summit after she found the aft area.

A friend of mine, who is a smoker, is just back from the Summit and was relegated to the back of the ship for her smoking. I would imagine it is the same on other ships.

I'm sorry for her, but what she experienced isn't correct. There is smoking on the port side of deck 4 on Summit and on port side by the swimming pool.

A friend of mine, who is a smoker, is just back from the Summit and was relegated to the back of the ship for her smoking. I would imagine it is the same on other ships.

Hi, nope, that is not correct and for whatever reason, your friend

was not told all the correct places to smoke either.

I don't smoke but I have sailed Summit 6 times and there are definitely

more places than just AFT...actually the pool bar (located on the

lower level) is portside and smoking has always been allowed there

and the tables and chairs all along the portside...the tables have

ashtrays so smoking is allowed there too. (at the pool).

Shadow's post #3 is correct...those are smoking areas.

Edited by Lois R

I'm concerned that it is possibly two floors above the mid-ship smoking section. I called Celebrity on my lunch hour (on hold 30 min) and was told

Check the S Class Cabin information compilation sticky on the top of this board. Here is a link http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=911018

Edited by drarill

I too am allergic to smoke. Last year we were on the 7th deck port side and I NEVER smelled smoke at all!! I was concerned that people wouldn't follow the rules and smoke on their balconies,but that didn't happen either. Enjoy!!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Let me offer you some peace of mind. I also DETEST cigarette smoke.

We were on deck 6 last month, port side, just above the outdoor smoking section, and we didn't smell a thing all week, even when people are out there. The ship is moving, so smoke doesn't waft UP.

In fact, other than passing the smoking section on the pool deck, we never smelled smoke all week.

So you guys will be fine!!!

If you have a good sense of smell you absolutely can smell smoke if on a port side balcony (decks six to eight) above the deck five smoking area. Many, many people have reported this. Only very rarely has someone reported being impacted if above deck eight.