Aos doa

Well, we all do have something to do with it. Most all of us here sail with RCI. I think how they respond to adversity is a concern to all of us as one day it might happen to the ship that we happen to be sailing on.

Sorry, I wasn't referring to you or any of the regular posters.

It was on the Galveston thread as well.

Maybe we will be on the same cruise one day and I can explain over a drink.

I'm interested about this as I'm on the Ta.

Cant imagine what would have happened if this had happened half way over the Atlantic. Probably would have got an extra week cruising.

All hell has broken loose passengers are demanding answers. If we want off with 100% refunds we can by 9pm tonight. 50% refunds for all who stay now. Leaving at midnight tonight supposedly. Still hitting all 4 ports.

50% refund and $500. Sounds like good compensation to me.

The previous refunds are included in the 50% refund.

Gees, so if your cruise was one of the $448 or whatever inside rooms, you got a free cruise?!

BTW, my parents and aunt & uncle are on this and texting/calling regularly with updates.

Someone made a good point; what if you had a cheapie blockbuster of a deal and the amount of OBC given already exceeds 50% of your fare?

I have no answer for that. I actually asked my DH the same question. You're pretty darn lucky I guess. :) Did they really have rooms for $448 for both people? If it was $448 per person then the $500 onboard credit was already giving you a little more than a 50% refund, so at least now it is more equal for everyone to be getting 50% back, right? Assuming you had 2 people in the room.

Edited by cruizinawayinva

I just said $448 from looking at previous cruises or seeing that price or similar in emails. I think it is per person though, yes.

I mean, these people with inside rooms are still "suffering" and missing ports too, so I think you should get back the greater of $500 (since they said this already) or 50% of your room, which is probably what they will do.

I have a friend on board. Just to make sure I'm reading this right.. They paid $948 pp for 2. If the $500 OBC was per cabin, they should expect to see a $448 credit to the original form of payment and keep the $500 OBC?

$1896 /2 - $500 ?

I guess the confusing part for me is it is called a refund, but then says that OBC was already considered part of that and it IS possible to have been given a large chunk back.

OBC to spend on booze and upscale food isn't the same as an actual refund. Who knows. Tuesday has been a very long strange day around the cruise industry. It ain't over yet. Regardless, it looks like the people onboard are at least all being treated equitably and it looks like they will get to sail. Bon Voyage

I have a friend on board. Just to make sure I'm reading this right.. They paid $948 pp for 2. If the $500 OBC was per cabin, they should expect to see a $448 credit to the original form of payment and keep the $500 OBC?

$1896 /2 - $500 ?

They will get information on the ship. It gets confusing here so they are best to get whatever offer they are taking in writing so they can fight it later if they don't get what they are promised. I wouldn't worry about the changing offers here until the ship actually sails and even then, the compensation could change with people complaining.

Even if you got off the ship today with 100% refund, you will still need to pay for hotel at least for one night maybe more and then pay to have your flights fixed. Might as well stay on board enjoy the ship and take the 50% and your regular flight home.

I hope everyone who is on board has an enjoyable cruise and I hope you get to leave SJ soon! There is not to much to look at or do at that port.

Anna