Gold and platinum status questions

Hello, we are a family of 7, we have 4 rooms booked, my question is my other half and I are platinum members and the others are gold, do we get priority boarding, what do we exactly get more being platinum over gold?

If we have priority boarding can the other members of our family board the ship the same time?

Hello, we are a family of 7, we have 4 rooms booked, my question is my other half and I are platinum members and the others are gold, do we get priority boarding, what do we exactly get more being platinum over gold?

If we have priority boarding can the other members of our family board the ship the same time?

No, and you really should know this by now.

###

###

LOL, this made me smile

also to add to OP, if you're in the same room then yes they will let someone that is of a lower status board with you, however different rooms, as Phoenix pointed out, No, they won't.

We were platinum when we took my parents, different cabin and different last name, they boarded with us.

On our last cruise, was travelling with my father in a different cabin who had never cruised before. We were only Gold (will be Platinum after next cruise) but they had no problems with us boarding all together. Others here may object but if you are travelling all together, I really don't think they will mind.

Platinum members will get robes and an invitation to the top tier reception. Platinum members also get a discount for balcony staterooms.

LOL, this made me smile

also to add to OP, if you're in the same room then yes they will let someone that is of a lower status board with you, however different rooms, as Phoenix pointed out, No, they won't.

Just how early does the OP plan to get to the ship? If boarding has begun by the time they check in, then priority boarding is irrelevant.... you check in, then you board. Simple as that. I think the priority boarding is only an issue when you arrive BEFORE they begin boarding, in which case you check in then wait until they start boarding. When people are waiting like that, those with status get to board earlier. Just wait til 11:00 or so to arrive at the port and it won't be an issue.

Platinum members will get robes and an invitation to the top tier reception. Platinum members also get a discount for balcony staterooms.

Maybe it varies by ship, but there is also a special departure lounge with continental breakfast available. And, no, the rest of your party cannot join you there or at the top tier party.

Ourusualbeach- Thank you for sending that link it sure seems they have gotten even skimpier since my last cruise lol. At least they giving something I guess.

Pheonixcruiser no I would not know about this, we have not gone with people that were not the same status as we are.

Stephluver2711 thank you, I guess I will take my priority boarding and go up to windjammer save us a table so we all can sit together waiting for the rooms to be available.

E&D I guess it depends upon the person who checks us in....I will go to the same line all of us together maybe they allow them all to go with us, my father in law doesn't walk very well he could use the bit of priority.

Clarea hello again! Yes, we did get a $100 off our balcony stateroom where the others didn't as they were not platinum now I understand why I got it, I just accepted it with grace lol.

Waterbug123- We will be arriving at 10:30-10:45 to the ship, we never go later than that, my father in law can't wait in long lines and I am disabled myself with painful medical conditions.

I think we all will check in with the same representative this may allow all of us to board together, if not we will just wait for them and save a table in the windjammer.

Just a couple of thoughts. You might consider getting wheelchair assist for your father in law so he doesn't need to stand or walk onto the ship if he has mobility issues. Also, once you have finished your lunch, please don't take up a table in the WJ while waiting for cabins to open as others will be looking for a place to eat their lunch. There are lots of other places to "park" for an hour or so.

Gerif thanks for the suggestion, but he doesn't have mobility issues other than walking very very slow.

I definitely will take up a table for our family after all we are there for this cruise to be together we don't live in the same states (I live in Florida) and we definitely want to use the two hours until the room opens to sit together, eat and talk. I am sure if they don't board with us they be there in no time with my other half and myself. I am sure there be many other tables for everybody else, we just need a larger one thats all.

Gerif thanks for the suggestion, but he doesn't have mobility issues other than walking very very slow.

I definitely will take up a table for our family after all we are there for this cruise to be together we don't live in the same states (I live in Florida) and we definitely want to use the two hours until the room opens to sit together, eat and talk. I am sure if they don't board with us they be there in no time with my other half and myself. I am sure there be many other tables for everybody else, we just need a larger one thats all.

Actually, no there are not. Many times those that do not board first cannot find tables to sit at to actually eat their lunch because many who got there first are just sitting around chatting. By all means sit at the table while you are eating, but once done be courteous of your fellow cruisers who boarded after you and find another place to sit and catch up. Go up to the viking crown lounge and get a nice view of the ship with much more comfortable chairs or some other similar place.

The Windjammer is one of the those places where there are nowhere near enough tables for all onboard. A common complaint on these boards!!

As for boarding, as others have said all should be able to board together but sometimes the regular line is shorter.

Edited by akcruz

###

LOL, this made me smile

Several years back when we were Plat. and were traveling with about 5 other cabins - who were 1st timers - they allowed us all to check in and board together in the Plat line - probably will depend on the port, how crowded it is and the rep

OP even if they don't - once everyone is checked in you can all "walk onto" the ship together - just wait for each other - no worries - your on vacation!

We don't eat breakfast the day boarding so when we board we head right to the windjammer to have something to eat.

Of course after we done having lunch we will be probably checking our room or walking around the ship, most of the time we finish lunch our cabins are ready and we bring our carry ons right to the stateroom. I believe staterooms are ready by 1:30 which is about the same time we done eating. We just don't sit there after eating. :)

If your father walks very slowly really really consider requesting a wheelchair for boarding. It is a long winding walk up (and down) and I know that on our last cruise one elderly man held up hundreds of people disembarking because he walked slowly and the person assisting him had to stand next to him. No way around them. They weren't being intentionally rude or anything but people who couldn't see what the slowdown was were getting very testy.

Every port I have been, Gold member status entitles you to priority check-in, not boarding.

Oh ok...but what that mean priority check-in?? Sorry for sounding dumb but this is my second cruise (first being a gold member).

Oh ok...but what that mean priority check-in?? Sorry for sounding dumb but this is my second cruise (first being a gold member).

Priority Check-in means you get to go in a different (supposedly faster) line to check-in (show your passport, credit card, get your SeaPass card) for the cruise.

Edited by clarea