Johnny Rockets now $5.95?

I really like JR's (on land). There is one that is about 20 minutes from my house that I go to on a regular basis. They have both regular beef, and beef that has bacon pieces ground into it. It is quite good.

On the ship, it has always been a frozen burger patty that they have had. That is why I do not partake on the ship. Plus there is enough food for me to eat that does not have an upcharge.

I really like JR's (on land). There is one that is about 20 minutes from my house that I go to on a regular basis. They have both regular beef, and beef that has bacon pieces ground into it. It is quite good.

On the ship, it has always been a frozen burger patty that they have had. That is why I do not partake on the ship. Plus there is enough food for me to eat that does not have an upcharge.

They also have the brownie ice cream dessert on land! Tried it in Miami

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Exactly, and we are definitely going to hit JR up when we cruise on EOS this Oct. I don't believe desert's are include though, am I right?

Desserts are also Included. The only thing that is not included are the shakes, malts soda etc.

1403438_758821044132188_92169187_o.jpg

Apple pie @ johnny Rockets

Allure of the Seas

Edited by Stephluva2711

Exactly! I will tell you whats repulsive! That "pattie" of mystery meat floating in a grease pond that they try to pass off as a burger in the Windjammer :D

LOL...!

To the poster who commented about going on Oasis and not spending the extra at JR -- as far as I know, free breakfast is served at JR on Oasis and Allure only. It is made to order, but the menu is limited. Still a nice change up from the Windjammer.

Good to know!

It is 5.95, just got off the Oasis today. One thing to note was that we went on the first night and it was buy one get one free that night to our surprise. I have to say I loved Johnny Rockets many times before but my experience with them this trip was pretty bad. Cold food that had been sitting around, when we asked for our onion rings and fries hot the waitress went up to the counter and said to the cook, they want fresh ones not ones that have been sitting around for awhile. Also they slopped so much mayo on the sandwich that it overwhelmed everything and wasn't edible. I would likely not go back again to JR on the Oasis, although as noted I've had good experiences on other ships. Also went for the free breakfast one day in hopes it was just an off night during the first night dinner and had just as bad an experience, it seemed as if the staff just didn't care.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Johnny Rockets in Great Adventure Jackson, NJ prices are ridiculous. $15.00 for the meal no beverage. $5.95 on the ship is a steal. Prices for food are going up in your neighborhood supermarkets. Why wouldn't you think prices would not go up on a ship. They have to pay just like everyone else does. No matter what line you choose. We had severely bad weather this year from coast to coast and the cost of food will go up everywhere.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Forums mobile app

Johnny Rockets in Great Adventure Jackson, NJ prices are ridiculous. $15.00 for the meal no beverage. $5.95 on the ship is a steal.

...snip...

But as been pointed out, you are comparing apples to oranges. You have already paid for the food on the ship, whereas anywhere else, you have no food available to you at no charge.

So on the ship, you are paying an additional $6 per person above what you would pay to eat pretty much anywhere else for free.

Johnny Rockets is considered a specialty restaurant so an extra charge would be expected. I used G.A. as a reference from my own personal experience. I like Johnny Rockets and choose to pay extra for it. It's part of my cruise experience. :o

Edited by lovetocruiserccl

Johnny Rockets is considered a specialty restaurant so an extra charge would be expected. I used G.A. as a reference from my own personal experience. I like Johnny Rockets and choose to pay extra for it. It's part of my cruise experience. :o

Agree! We always have lunch there at least once on every cruise. We chose to spend the extra and make it part of our cruise experience.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Agree! We always have lunch there at least once on every cruise. We chose to spend the extra and make it part of our cruise experience.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

:):):):) its all about vacation and what makes you happy. Food, fun and family. The experience makes it a memory that last a lifetime. Sometimes we have to pay extra for things we enjoy. We usually get it the last sea day. Enjoy your Johnny Rockets - At Sea 4Ever

I love JRs but at some point we will stop going. I can walk into a 5 Guys with 6 bucks and get a excellent burger and fries,minus the Fudge sundae without paying a $1000 cruise fare.

Wow, thank you for that info! It costs me $12 here in Canada for a 5 Guys single burger, fries and a pop. Yes, true, 15% of that is tax that pays for our health system and such. But six bucks plus 15% does not get to $12, no matter how you do the math.

Target recently launched and bombed here in Canada. They gave us puny selection and high prices, thinking we wouldn't know any better.

Now I find out 5 Guys has been jacking us. So long Guys. I love the internet.

Several years ago it would have been part of your cruise experience and also included in your cruise fare.

Johnny Rockets in Great Adventure Jackson, NJ prices are ridiculous. $15.00 for the meal no beverage. $5.95 on the ship is a steal. Prices for food are going up in your neighborhood supermarkets. Why wouldn't you think prices would not go up on a ship. They have to pay just like everyone else does. No matter what line you choose. We had severely bad weather this year from coast to coast and the cost of food will go up everywhere.

You can't compare amusement park or ballpark prices. They are so over inflated any of these places. It costs about that for a burger and fries at Hersheypark and it sure isn't a JR burger.

Oh my, 2 for 1 at Johnny Rockets sounds like a good deal.:) How would a person know if they were having that special??? I wonder if it is just on certain ships that this is done?

They had it written on a board outside JR on Oasis when they were doing it.

Oh my, 2 for 1 at Johnny Rockets sounds like a good deal.:) How would a person know if they were having that special??? I wonder if it is just on certain ships that this is done?

The BOGO free shake offer is available to any Gold or up C&A member :)

Edited by ryano