Johnny Rockets now $5.95?

While I'm not a fan of price increases, it's happening everywhere. Grocery stores, gas stations, hair salons, nail salons, etc. It's costing more and more just to get through each day. So I'm not surprised when something on a cruise goes up.

That said, the increase in cost now makes my coupons that I got with my booking to JR more valuable.

Its a good thing you weren't sailing when JR's used to be included in the cruise fare. Your coupon would have been worthless then.;)

Sailing on the Freedom next month with my kids. We booked through Expedia and one of the perks of using them was free dining to Johnny Rockets for booking our cabin with them. So, I was wondering what is included? Just burgers, hot dogs, fries, and onion rings? Any desserts? Drinks are not I read in a previous post which is ok since we buy soda packages. Thanks!

Sailing on the Freedom next month with my kids. We booked through Expedia and one of the perks of using them was free dining to Johnny Rockets for booking our cabin with them. So, I was wondering what is included? Just burgers, hot dogs, fries, and onion rings? Any desserts? Drinks are not I read in a previous post which is ok since we buy soda packages. Thanks!

All food is included. You can get drinks through your soda package. The only thing that would be extra are the milk shakes. They are not included in either the cover charge or the drink packages. They do have desserts that are covered. The oreo sundaes are awesome.

IMO all the whinges about service and services going down on cruise ships these days is because people expect to get something for nothing or very little! Sorry to sound harsh and I am sure I will get flamed - but a cruise is still a very economical way to travel and if prices get pushed too far down then the whole product will suffer. You pay a good price and you get a good service.

Be careful what you wish for. You buy cheap you pay twice.

Or is that just me?

Amen

Does your wife agree with you? :rolleyes:

The buffet and MDR are all you can eat for FREE (well really you already paid for it in your cruise fare). Why would I want to pay $6 per person for Johnny Rockets when I can get food just as good for $6 less elsewhere on the ship?

The way some people are complaining and trashing JR's you would think they are being forced to eat there! If you don't like it...DON'T GO...and if the 1.00 increase is such a big deal again...DON'T GO!

It's amazing this thread has over 100 and some posts!

The way some people are complaining and trashing JR's you would think they are being forced to eat there! If you don't like it...DON'T GO...and if the 1.00 increase is such a big deal again...DON'T GO!

Exactly! Finally someone who thinks. I've never been forced to eat there myself, but maybe others have lol

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Ok, let's agree that one dollar isn't much.

How do you feel about paying $10 for the Character Breakfast, previously free?

Not a big deal to me. My kids aren't crazy over eating with some characters when they can eat with mom and dad for free. Again, no one is forcing you to eat there. You either pay for it or don't. They're a business so what do you expect.

You haven't met my kids.

"Force" may be a bit strong but there's definitely some coercion going on.

Lol tell them no! I say no to my kids all the time. Or leave the kids at home if u can

I tell them no often. But it's hard to tell them no on a vacation for stuff like that, I mean the idea is to have fun. But I could wish for them to say "please daddy can we all lay down and read a book and maybe fall asleep?"

We've cruised with and without, now they're at a good age where they're fun to be around and semi-independent. We'll get to do more cruises later without them when they're grown. And they are useful for fetching stuff from buffet or cabin so I don't have to get up.

It was NOT a good idea when we took oldest when he was like 3. Not very relaxing. He was too young for AO. I always advise against that here when asked.

Lol tell them no! I say no to my kids all the time. Or leave the kids at home if u can

*LOL*

My Mom is famous for saying no.

People say "Oh how can you say no to this or that ?"

"N....O .... NO!!! That how I say it "

I tell them no often. But it's hard to tell them no on a vacation for stuff like that, I mean the idea is to have fun. But I could wish for them to say "please daddy can we all lay down and read a book and maybe fall asleep?"

We've cruised with and without, now they're at a good age where they're fun to be around and semi-independent. We'll get to do more cruises later without them when they're grown. And they are useful for fetching stuff from buffet or cabin so I don't have to get up.

It was NOT a good idea when we took oldest when he was like 3. Not very relaxing. He was too young for AO. I always advise against that here when asked.

Yea we took my son when he was almost 1 and it was a lot of work. We are fortunate enough to have both our parents alive and healthy so they watch them while mommy and daddy get a 5 day cruise break! Our next cruise is in May and I can't wait! We both will be eating at Johnny Rockets too no matter what the price is. I love the chili with grilled cheese! So good!! Also got the premium package so it's going to be a lovely cruise! Lol

Yea we took my son when he was almost 1 and it was a lot of work. We are fortunate enough to have both our parents alive and healthy so they watch them while mommy and daddy get a 5 day cruise break! Our next cruise is in May and I can't wait! We both will be eating at Johnny Rockets too no matter what the price is. I love the chili with grilled cheese! So good!! Also got the premium package so it's going to be a lovely cruise! Lol

That Chili is good! :cool:

I love the chili with grilled cheese! So good!!

Did they know how to make a proper Grilled Cheese? On both the Majesty and Allure I ended up having to school them. On the Allure it was a REAL challenge with the language issues. Took about 3 times before they finally got it right.

You can get a shake without having them add the cover charge. However, if you sit down, they will quickly serve fries and onion rings, which will incur the cover charge. Tell them before you sit down that you only want a shake, or order the shake to go.

Wonderful, I was wondering about that on my last cruise when craving a shake, but never made it there to ask. Thanks!!:)

Did they know how to make a proper Grilled Cheese? On both the Majesty and Allure I ended up having to school them. On the Allure it was a REAL challenge with the language issues. Took about 3 times before they finally got it right.

Don't know how you can mess up a grilled cheese but it was good to me. Let me guess, the cheese wasn't melted? Lol I've had that happen before but not on a cruise

This upcoming July will be 5th. time sailing on an RCI ship with a JR's.

Every cruise we say we will try JR's.

Haven't yet.

Always tried something else.

I wonder if we will ever try eating there?

We are sailing the Allure, and with the many food options......probably not.

HMMM maybe just get the B1G1 to go milkshake

Sea Ya