Johnny Rockets now $5.95?

The buffet and MDR are all you can eat for FREE (well really you already paid for it in your cruise fare). Why would I want to pay $6 per person for Johnny Rockets when I can get food just as good for $6 less elsewhere on the ship?

I agree...............And the Burgers at the Windjammer are just fine............ or the food period...................;)

So I take it the shakes are free?

The shakes are not free, but with the C&A discount of 'buy one get one free' -- it is something we enjoy once during the week of a cruise.

There isn't any other food that we would eat from a Johnny Rockets restaurant -- that is just us; not a reflection on anything else, so please don't read more into the statement than that.

I just read from a cc poster that they were charged $5.95 for Johnny Rockets cover on their last weeks cruise on the Liberty of the Seas. Is this true on this or any other RC ships with JR? Thanks!

Not worth the show.

No, shakes are not free. I forget the charge for shakes, but I imagine it's around $4. I was describing how you can get a shake without also having to pay a cover charge for the food.

So if a shake is maybe $4, and "all you can eat" is $6, why would anyone want to get just the shake? Or is the price of the shake "in addition to"all you can eat" charge? Just wondering. The menu on RCCI website doesn't specify.

So if a shake is maybe $4, and "all you can eat" is $6, why would anyone want to get just the shake? Or is the price of the shake "in addition to"all you can eat" charge? Just wondering. The menu on RCCI website doesn't specify.

The $4 shake cost is in addition to the cover charge. So that meal can now cost you $10.

Yes, it's "only a dollar". But the dollars start to add up. Not that I have a problem paying for quality, but I just think this is penny pinching. Now I'm not a fan of Carnival, but they give away those Guys burgers and fries for free and they are way better than JR. I think Royal can too, but they are trying to keep money in the pockets of the execs, and we have to pay that cost.

Yea but it's......Carnival. :D

Drinks including shakes are NOT included in the all you can eat.

RCCL isn't the only line doing this. It's been a couple of years since I sailed them (AOS).

Like others, I didn't see many in JRs for burgers. Did see people in their for breakfast, though (myself included). Are they good burgers? Well, they aren't bad. I do like their shakes.

As others mentioned, the monetary increases are endemic, particularly to RCCL recently. Seems they're cutting back in some areas, too.

I think of when I sailed LIberty of the Seas several years ago, and what I saw on AOS, to what I'm reading today, there are pretty big differences in the amount for the fare, and the increases in optional charges.

From what I can tell, prices on RCCL are going up, without an accompanying increase in service, quality, or any other metric you might choose when you cruise. In the food category, the actual product has gone down in quality significantly.

Again, I know to a cetain degree, you can say the same for all the other cruiselines, also.

I'm not loyal to any cruise line. And, I know CCL and RCCL loyalists are a fierce bunch. But, I consider them to offer a very similar cruise experience. Difference is, CCL has undercut RCCL pricewise...pretty significantly. Yeah, you can say the entertainment on a ship like AOS or OAS is better (it is) than on CCL's newer ships. But, the new CCL ships are every bit as nice as RCCL's newest ships. That makes price the great equalizer.

I get it...some will say "I'll never sail CCL", and others who will say "I'll never sail RCCL". At the end of the day. those aren't the people either company is trying to woo. They've already captured their own loyalists. It's the bigger part of the market, those who shop around for a vacation, that the cruise likes are trying to capture. Admit it....price catches your eye.

I looked at an RCCL cruise recently (as well as others). I was trying to book something for my honeymoon. What I found, once the dust had settled, a Haven Suite on NCL's Breakaway....complete with butler and concierge. They threw in their Ultimate Beverage Package and Ultimate Dining Package, plus a $300 OBC. That was all for the price of a Superior Ocean Balcony on either AOS or Oasis.

Been on the Breakaway last summer.....beautiful ship, equal to, and in some ways exceeding the Oasis class.

I've heard the responses that are coming..."well, NCL has to price that way to sell the ship." I disagree. CCL and NCL are trying to capture the non-loyalists. They're making a pricing assault to do that. RCCL happens to be their nearest competition.

It's six bucks for all you can eat !!:eek::eek: How much do you pay when you go to Furrs or Golden Corral ? Twice as much.

Yes but it's an upcharge. One does not have to pay thousands of dollars to get to the Golden Corral.

We like JR, went twice last year. I do think it's overpriced (we can't eat all that much, 1 burger each and some fries and we're full.) But I believe that when one spends thousands of dollars on a vacation it's silly to try to save a few bucks here and there if that will cause you to not enjoy it as much.

As they say, in for a penny, in for a pound. Or dollar in this case.

In 2009 the cost of Johnny Rockets was $4.95

How would everyone that's complaining about the price hike of a $1 like to be earning what they were 5 years ago?

Fairly reasonable increase if you ask me.

And prior to that is was $3.95. And when they originated they were free. So it's gone up $5.95 since it's inception.

And prior to that is was $3.95. And when they originated they were free. So it's gone up $5.95 since it's inception.

We stop there maybe once a cruise with BOGO shake coupon but I remember when they started charging many here said it was a cover to keep the place from being hogged by the teen crowd. Who's hogging it now? :confused:

In 2009 the cost of Johnny Rockets was $4.95

How would everyone that's complaining about the price hike of a $1 like to be earning what they were 5 years ago?

Fairly reasonable increase if you ask me.

Well according to this handy inflation calculator:

http://www.usinflationcalculator.com

It should cost today $5.42, not $5.95

I guess you could say they're making up for the years when it stayed the same despite some inflation.

BTW if it cost $4.95 100 years ago today it would be $116.22

Yes I'm a nerd.

Edited by DrD

I looked at an RCCL cruise recently (as well as others). I was trying to book something for my honeymoon. What I found, once the dust had settled, a Haven Suite on NCL's Breakaway....complete with butler and concierge. They threw in their Ultimate Beverage Package and Ultimate Dining Package, plus a $300 OBC. That was all for the price of a Superior Ocean Balcony on either AOS or Oasis.

Been on the Breakaway last summer.....beautiful ship, equal to, and in some ways exceeding the Oasis class.

If you are someone that wants a suite, from what I have been reading, NCL blows the doors off of Royal. My first sailing on NCL is going to be out of NOLA in a suite so we'll see. No haven but at least I'll get a feel of it.

To the poster who commented about going on Oasis and not spending the extra at JR -- as far as I know, free breakfast is served at JR on Oasis and Allure only. It is made to order, but the menu is limited. Still a nice change up from the Windjammer.

Does $1 make any difference?

That's what I'm wondering. When the price of commodities goes up the price is passed to all is us whether it's on a cruise ship, local grocery stores, restaurants, or theaters.

Or most recently my Catholic Daughters of America dues.

I wouldn't be surprised if they did, they seem to be nickel and diming away lately :rolleyes:. But does $1 really make a difference in the scheme or things?!

Where else can you get that amount of food for $5.95? A Big Mac,fries and drink is $8.95. As for "nickel and diming" everything is going up in price so it is not unreasonable to expect to pay more than your cruise several years ago for the extras.

I wouldn't be surprised if they did, they seem to be nickel and diming away lately :rolleyes:. But does $1 really make a difference in the scheme or things?!

The extra dollar wasn't the point. It was just a question. Just sayin".

A Big Mac,fries and drink is $8.95.

:eek::eek::eek:

Less than 6.00 with tax here. I try to avoid that place most of the time but occasionally have to have my Big Mac fix.

Edited by ryano