Johnny Rockets now $5.95?

Ahhh.....We sat at the counter on my Freedom cruise back in October and watched them make our unfrozen, formed, cooked to order, juicy Med Well burgers! I can understand if you don't want to eat there but don't present things as fact as if it was truth! :cool:

HA!!! Thank you for calling someone out on their bs post!:D

HA!!! Thank you for calling someone out on their bs post!:D

Hey now, it's possible they sometimes use frozen patties if they run out of fresh cows with no legs (ground beef, get it?).

Edited by DrD

On the Majesty, Allure and Liberty, they use frozen patties. This was verified with the cooks at JRs (they showed me the box), and the food manager on Liberty. There is no way that they would use fresh meat on a ship because ground meat does not have that long a shelf life. In fact on the Liberty the food manager told me that every piece of meat is frozen simply because they cannot keep the food in a fresh state for a whole cruise. And what if there is food left over after the 7 days cruise? It would have to be thrown away because it most certainly cannot be used 14 days later. After 7 days the meat would be brown and inedible.

Next time ask the cooks there whether the meat is fresh or frozen. That is what I did.

Edited by reedl

On the Majesty, Allure and Liberty, they use frozen patties. This was verified with the cooks at JRs (they showed me the box), and the food manager on Liberty. There is no way that they would use fresh meat on a ship because ground meat does not have that long a shelf life. In fact on the Liberty the food manager told me that every piece of meat is frozen simply because they cannot keep the food in a fresh state for a whole cruise. And what if there is food left over after the 7 days cruise? It would have to be thrown away because it most certainly cannot be used 14 days later. After 7 days the meat would be brown and inedible.

Next time ask the cooks there whether the meat is fresh or frozen. That is what I did.

In my response to you I didn't say it was "Fresh" but that I saw and I believe Ryano saw with our own eyes the unfrozen ground beef formed and cooked to order as I sat at the counter in front of the grill which is out in the open. It could very well be fresh, frozen and thawed and then formed and cooked the same as when I buy fresh ground beef at the super market and and put in the freezer when I get it home and thaw what I need. As I sat there there was no burger patties taken from a box. I have no desire to ask the cooks that question because even if I wouldn't have seen it prepared before my eyes, it was a good burger.....1000% better than the pre cooked burger pattties in the serving line in the Windjammer which I never get! :cool:

$5.95 is way to much for a JR on a ship only a few years ago we got the free offer in the saving book. I think Royal should close JR and put "IN and OUT BURGER" in them. Now I would pay £5.95 for that.:)

Hey now, it's possible they sometimes use frozen patties if they run out of fresh cows with no legs (ground beef, get it?).

If the cows only have two legs is it "lean" beef?

Tom

They're here all week folks. Hopefully they haven't quit their day jobs. :D:D:D

$5.95 is way to much for a JR on a ship only a few years ago we got the free offer in the saving book. I think Royal should close JR and put "IN and OUT BURGER" in them. Now I would pay £5.95 for that.:)

I like that idea ;)

Well, I really don't want to pay the extra $1, as everyone "up to this point," had said Johnny Rockets was $4.95. I know their food is BAD for me, but I'm sure it tastes good, but I'll probably try it once, just to say that I ate at Johnny Rockets.:)

On Oasis in November 2013, as well as last week, they had 2 for 1 at Johnny rockets for the meal price after 6pm. Drinks were not included. They were busier than normal for both of those sailings.

Edited by A&L_Ont

If you are someone that wants a suite, from what I have been reading, NCL blows the doors off of Royal. My first sailing on NCL is going to be out of NOLA in a suite so we'll see. No haven but at least I'll get a feel of it.

If I ever went on NCL again I'd definitely do a suite.

We don't usually do JRs because if we do it for lunch it ruins our dinner (it's way too heavy). I also feel bad when the waiters have to dance. It's awkward.

Edited by marci22

from wikipedia entry on Internet forum:

Forums prefer a premise of open and free discussion and often adopt de facto standards. Most common topics on forums include questions, comparisons, polls of opinion as well as debates. It is not uncommon for nonsense or unsocial behavior to sprout as people lose temper, especially if the topic is controversial. Poor understanding of differences in values of the participants is a common problem on forums. Because replies to a topic are often worded aimed at someone's point of view, discussion will usually go slightly off into several directions as people question each other's validity, sources and so on. Circular discussion and ambiguity in replies can extend for several tens of posts of a thread eventually ending when everyone gives up or attention spans waver and a more interesting subject takes over. It is not uncommon for debate to end in ad hominem attacks.

IMHO post of the day. It had me laughing out loud. It basically follows the direction of many but not all threads on the CC boards. :)

If the cows only have two legs is it "lean" beef?

Tom

Yep!

Good one.

BTW thanks to this thread I'm making hamburgers tonight. Fresh, not frozen. No up-charge. I may smash them if I can find my burger hammer.

It's six bucks for all you can eat !!:eek::eek: How much do you pay when you go to Furrs or Golden Corral ? Twice as much.

Which would be a good argument, if you couldn't get all you can eat without additional charge in either the buffet or the main dining room.

IMHO it's the best cheeseburger on board.

The unjum rings are to die for and they make the ONLYIEST malt on the ship.

So there.

Besides, the dancing is an absolute HOOT !

MM, I don't want to be it, you can't MAKE me be it.

Edited by Deatsch

AND, I don't think anyone has mentioned that the price of beef has skyrocketed due to the drought in the beef producing states.

That being said, I love JRs. Sometimes I get tired of all the other choices by the end of the cruise and need something more relaxed to enjoy. Love those shakes!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

This change must've just taken place as it was $4.95 on March 1 on the Freedom.

I regretted eating there though as all of us at our table were disappointed in our main course (burger, hot dog and chicken/bacon club). The rest of our group ate in the dining room that lunch and raved about their awesome food. They didn't have to pay an extra charge and got amazing quality food with great service. We had food we didn't like for a hefty bill of $61 (hefty relative to eating elsewhere for no charge) and our service was just okay. It didn't help that we were on the Carnival Breeze our previous cruise where we loved Guys burgers and enjoyed not having to pay extra. We also loved eating them on the pool deck - a nice touch.