Johnny Rockets now $5.95?

Is Johnny Rockets open, when the Freedom is at CocoCay? We're on a cruise in June, and both the Freedom and the Grandeur will be anchored. Instead of fighting 6000 people at the buffet on the island, I figured that Johnny Rockets will be far less crowded than on a sea day.

My wife and I ate at the Johnny Rockets on the Majesty several years ago, while it was docked in Nassau. We still had to wait about 10 or 15 minutes for a table.

I really like JR's (on land). There is one that is about 20 minutes from my house that I go to on a regular basis. They have both regular beef, and beef that has bacon pieces ground into it. It is quite good.

On the ship, it has always been a frozen burger patty that they have had. That is why I do not partake on the ship. Plus there is enough food for me to eat that does not have an upcharge.

Yep, that's why I was shocked that JR would lend their name to the restaurants on board the RCI ships in the first place. One thing that JR is KNOWN for is that the burgers you get there are made from fresh ground beef which has NEVER been frozen. I guess the money RCI offered was just too good to pass up, even if it meant ignoring one of the cornerstones that JR has always been known for.

Yep, that's why I was shocked that JR would lend their name to the restaurants on board the RCI ships in the first place. One thing that JR is KNOWN for is that the burgers you get there are made from fresh ground beef which has NEVER been frozen. I guess the money RCI offered was just too good to pass up, even if it meant ignoring one of the cornerstones that JR has always been known for.

Myself and another poster replied to that in an earlier thread and this is what was said to that!

Ahhh.....We sat at the counter on my Freedom cruise back in October and watched them make our unfrozen, formed, cooked to order, juicy Med Well burgers! I can understand if you don't want to eat there but don't present things as fact as if it was truth!
Edited by bigque

Myself and another poster replied to that in an earlier thread and this is what was said to that!

Gee, conflicting accounts on CC?!?! Unbelievable! :D We have one poster claiming he saw them hand form his burgers - although how he knows the beef they were using had NEVER been frozen is beyond me... And we have another poster who says he's seen them using pre-formed, frozen burger patties.

Of course, its also possible that sometimes RCI uses frozen patties and sometimes they don't.

Personally, I've never personally *seen* them do either - guess I wasn't focused on the kitchen. But I have to say, JR burgers on ship aren't bad, but they're sure not the same as JR burgers on land.

I saw that it was advertised at $5.95 on the Independence of the Seas last week, so I guess the price has gone up. That being said, I did not see a single customer in there the ENTIRE week we were on the cruise. I passed it about 30 times on the way to the flow rider and back, and never saw one paying customer in there.

We were on the March 15th cruise on the IOS and there were always people in there. It does not open until 2 pm now so that may have been the difference when you were passing by. Our first time there during the cruise, there was a line of people waiting behind us and by the time we left, all of the seats were filled. The price was $3.95 on our first cruise and so it has gone up $2, no biggie because there is NOWHERE in Houston that I can get unlimited fries/onion rings and a good sandwich for $5.95 pp :D AND have such a wonderful view :D

Edited by Charger2008

Gee, conflicting accounts on CC?!?! Unbelievable! :D We have one poster claiming he saw them hand form his burgers - although how he knows the beef they were using had NEVER been frozen is beyond me... And we have another poster who says he's seen them using pre-formed, frozen burger patties.

Of course, its also possible that sometimes RCI uses frozen patties and sometimes they don't.

Personally, I've never personally *seen* them do either - guess I wasn't focused on the kitchen. But I have to say, JR burgers on ship aren't bad, but they're sure not the same as JR burgers on land.

The other poster didn't say that he "SAW" them using frozen patties, but he just threw a statement out there and I most definately did not say the meat was "Never" frozen. If you go back and read through the thread, you will see where I did "SAY" that the meat could be brought in fresh and then frozen and thawed when needed such as it is when I buy it at the super market. I don't buy it and keep it in the fridge but I buy it and freeze it until I want to use it. I "DID" say that what was prepared before "MY EYES" was not frozen patties pre-formed patties but was patties shaped and cooked to order. And besides if he did indeed see frozen pre-cooked patties, that was what he saw and not what i saw. From now on if you want to quote me, then qoute me right please...Thank You In Advance!

The other poster didn't say that he "SAW" them using frozen patties, but he just threw a statement out there and I most definately did not say the meat was "Never" frozen. If you go back and read through the thread, you will see where I did "SAY" that the meat could be brought in fresh and then frozen and thawed when needed such as it is when I buy it at the super market. I don't buy it and keep it in the fridge but I buy it and freeze it until I want to use it. I "DID" say that what was prepared before "MY EYES" was not frozen patties pre-formed patties but was patties shaped and cooked to order. And besides if he did indeed see frozen pre-cooked patties, that was what he saw and not what i saw. From now on if you want to quote me, then qoute me right please...Thank You In Advance!

Sorry, not trying to be argumentative! It wasn't even obvious that you were quoting yourself - you said "this is what was then said about that" and presented an unsourced quote!

As for buying it fresh, freezing it and then thawing it - EXACTLY! THAT is what JR's on land says you'll NEVER get at their restaurants! One of their key claims is quoted here directly from their website (emphasis mine):

All Johnny Rockets burgers are available with 4 protein options: Fresh, never-frozen Hamburger; Ground Turkey; veggie burger or Chicken Breast.

I'm pretty positive the ground beef you get on JR's at sea most definitely has spent time frozen - which is directly contradictory to what they've always claimed set them apart from other upscale burger eateries. THAT was my original point, ok?

Not sure what the prices will be on Quantum but it doesn't seem to be $3.95, $4.95, or $5.95. The site says A La Carte prices but doesn't list any. Some speculated that it was referencing the milk shakes, but under hamburgers it has an item for additional toppings and states that additional hamburger patties are $1.50 each. That seems to confirm that you will pay by the item so it seems the days of unlimited fries and onion rings are ending soon. Since this is a restaurant across the fleet I would expect the change to roll out to all. They usually like keeping those kinds of policies unified so people don't get confused when switching ships.

Sorry, not trying to be argumentative! It wasn't even obvious that you were quoting yourself - you said "this is what was then said about that" and presented an unsourced quote!

As for buying it fresh, freezing it and then thawing it - EXACTLY! THAT is what JR's on land says you'll NEVER get at their restaurants! One of their key claims is quoted here directly from their website (emphasis mine):

I'm pretty positive the ground beef you get on JR's at sea most definitely has spent time frozen - which is directly contradictory to what they've always claimed set them apart from other upscale burger eateries. THAT was my original point, ok?

I have no disagreement there! :cool:

OK, if we can get breakfast FREE at Johnny Rockets, when do they start their $5.95 charge, or for what food?

Breakfast at JRs is only served on Oasis and Allure. They will close breakfast at 10am or so, and re-open for lunch around noon when they start charging for food.

OK, if we can get breakfast FREE at Johnny Rockets, when do they start their $5.95 charge, or for what food?

It closes after breakfast for a brief time then reopens. Lunch and dinner is when the cover charge of 5.95 is in place. That covers as much as you can eat food but beverages are still extra.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I'm pretty positive the ground beef you get on JR's at sea most definitely has spent time frozen -

Im not going to debate that because I believe you are most certainly correct with your assessment. It makes sense because of how fast ground beef can turn and how many days they spend away from their supplier. However, the OP you originally agreed with and quoted makes it out like they just throw a pre formed, frozen, bubba burger type pattie on the grill and that was not my experience at all on Freedom :)

Edited by ryano

Im not going to debate that because I believe you are most certainly correct with your assessment. It makes sense because of how fast ground beef can turn and how many days they spend away from their supplier. However, the OP you originally agreed with and quoted makes it out like they just throw a pre formed, frozen, bubba burger type pattie on the grill and that was not my experience at all on Freedom :)

And I won't debate either! :D Wasn't really agreeing with that poster as much as I was just trying to point out that there's a wide range of reports about those burgers. What I'll say again is - the JR burgers are better than other burgers aboard - but not at all the same OR nearly as good as JR burgers on land. :)

Sent from my Galaxy S4 via Tapatalk

And I won't debate either! :D Wasn't really agreeing with that poster as much as I was just trying to point out that there's a wide range of reports about those burgers. What I'll say again is - the JR burgers are better than other burgers aboard - but not at all the same OR nearly as good as JR burgers on land. :)

Sent from my Galaxy S4 via Tapatalk

I think you both need to get a life.