What is your favorite Princess cruise food?

thecruiserofships

you've got my mouth watering! i too love the fettucine, also the goat cheese soufflé and i don't like goat cheese! i always loved the crab but they don't have it much now. i don't have very sophisticated taste, but i love all of the food. i don't find it bland. i suppose i am the middle ground princess is catering to. I'm okay with that! :)

The carbonara sounds sinful! I'll have to try to remember to request it.

I loved the hard rolls we got for morning room service. Not available everyday, but we had them at least twice on our Alaskan cruise. Yum!

Fettucini Alfredo; always good on every Princess ship on which I have sailed!

It is so nice to be able to get it whenever you want. Sometimes the menu just won't tickle my fancy, through no fault of the chef or team, but you can get the fettuccine and know it will be amazing!

Nothing. Don't go on Princess for the food! Usually sound great on the menu, but not when they arrive. Lank of seasoning, a sauce described as hot when its not. Seem to cater for the middle ground.

Sorry but the scones are nothing proper English scones. Me too a huge fan of Mary Berry, especially her cakes.

haha...they aren't proper American scones either.

Worst lasagna ever (sorry, IMO it's not 'real' lasagna at all)

/quote]

Actually, it is not the traditional lasagna. It is Lasagna Bolognese with a Bechamel Sauce. It's richer and creamer that the typical lasagna.

That is the kind my husband loves. Can't wait to have it again. I make the traditional kind. Might have to try the fancier one. ;)

Creme brûlée - delicious!
That used to be my favorite dessert. It's now always available, along with the Loveboat Dream and the cheesecake. Somehow it doesn't seem as special as when I had to wait for the one night it was served.

The orange panna cotta in the International Cafe is wonderful. It's a good thing they come in small portions. I can taste the heavy cream.

For entrees, I ordered the seafood every night on the Ruby this past week. The only disappointing one was the mahi with panko and macadamia nut crust. It was like a fish stick. The fish was better after I took off the crust.

Worst chili ever (how can they even call it that? :mad: )

Worst lasagna ever (sorry, IMO it's not 'real' lasagna at all)

Best banana bread and cinnamon bread. :)

Best Fettucini Alfredo.

Best mashed potatoes.

Best pizza.

The lasagna on room service is not good at all. The lasagna served in the dining room for lunch and on the Sun Class ship's pizzeria is pretty darn good!

The reindeer chili on Alaskan cruises is pretty good. Different than the chili on the room service menu.

Happy2cruise

traditional Lasagna in Italy and Europa is always - Lasagna Bolognese with Bechamel Sauce.

There is a cute Italian restaurant in Venice, Florida owned by an Italian family. That's how they make their lasagna and it is awesome. Actually, ALL of their food is awesome.

We live in Venice Fl. can you name the restaurant.--Nancy:)
I believe the name is Taste of Italy. Downtown area, West Venice Ave. We stayed in Casey Key last year and went to the restaurant at least 4 times. It was that good. Hope it's still there and still as good. ;)