Everything.. ESCAPE (live 29 Oct 2015!)

Worse on leaving Southampton[emoji6]?? Am I missing something[emoji6]

Well it could just be that I was on a P&O ship but! [emoji6] coming into Southampton, the approach didn't feel as bad but getting out, the Captain of the Britannia actually said don't be alarmed by any lurching of the ship as they have to steer hard to avoid the Isle of Wight as some passengers might be alarmed at the ship tilting a bit! It was noticeable but not worrying.

Well it could just be that I was on a P&O ship but! [emoji6] coming into Southampton, the approach didn't feel as bad but getting out, the Captain of the Britannia actually said don't be alarmed by any lurching of the ship as they have to steer hard to avoid the Isle of Wight as some passengers might be alarmed at the ship tilting a bit! It was noticeable but not worrying.

Well, not quite. There's an obstruction in the Solent known as Bramble Bank near the Isle of Wight. It's right in the middle of the shipping channel, but no matter how much dredging is done, sediment continues to accumulate there. Ships arriving and departing from Southampton have to execute a series of tight turns (similar to an "S" shape) to sail around the Brambles.

[Can anyone identify the brown-ish building/structure in the Vibe area that looks like it is attached to the wall that holds the retractable Haven area roof?]

I am not positive but I think the area that you are referring to is part of the Haven private restaurant with outdoor terrace.

We are looking at booking a mid-ship balcony (BC) for our cruise in January - it's 10184 - does anyone have a pic of the ship that they could point to what the balcony would look like - help pls. Thank you.

That's our cabin # for our Nov cruise! If you haven't booked it by the end of November I will tell you EXACTLY what it looks like:)

51074.jpg

Deck 19

I am not positive but I think the area that you are referring to is part of the Haven private restaurant with outdoor terrace.

No, the outdoor space of The Haven Restaurant is on deck 18. You can see the white tent like structure on the pic above on the lower right side of the pic.

steamboats

Edited by steamboats

LargePizza already answered that one; http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=47861496&postcount=4285

It's the water feature/walk through shower of Vibe. :)

Especially video reviews!

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

I got myself a new camera just for this purpose on the TA (my old DSLR didn't have video functionality), or at least that's the excuse I'm using to justify a new camrea purchase. I NEED to have video so I can be a good CC member!!!

Has anyone seen a picture yet that shows the Rappelling Wall? It is still showing up on NCL's website as one of the "Onboard Activities" listed under Active and described as:

Rapelling Wall

Scaling to new heights is easy with the first-ever rappelling wall at sea! Well, maybe not easy. At 33 feet tall and 64 feet wide, you'll see the horizon from a new perspective. Up for the challenge?

The pic shown with the description is from one of the climbing walls from either the BA or GA.

I assume it would be in the same general vicinity of those climbing walls, but from Rocky's pic, there are small tables in that spot on the deck? :confused:

11223613_839535222809217_1531354958669853938_o.jpg

Has anyone seen a picture yet that shows the Rappelling Wall? It is still showing up on NCL's website as one of the "Onboard Activities" listed under Active and described as:

Rapelling Wall

Scaling to new heights is easy with the first-ever rappelling wall at sea! Well, maybe not easy. At 33 feet tall and 64 feet wide, you'll see the horizon from a new perspective. Up for the challenge?

The pic shown with the description is from one of the climbing walls from either the BA or GA.

I assume it would be in the same general vicinity of those climbing walls, but from Rocky's pic, there are small tables in that spot on the deck? :confused:

That's a great picture! It looks like they're using that space to create more seating for Margaritaville, which is off to the right of the picture there. That's probably a much better use of the space than the rappelling wall, since Margaritaville will likely get more crowded than it's counterparts Flamingo/Uptown Grill.

Barnacle boy,

Every time you post, I learn something interesting. Now I'm googling Bramble Bank.

Never heard of that before. Keep me coming.

Google Cricket Bramble Bank every year they play a match on it, The English do have real sense of Adventure finish the game or you Drown