Everything.. ESCAPE (live 29 Oct 2015!)

The anti cigarette people make me smile lol. I wish the US government would just outlaw smoking, they put so many regulations on it they might as well. It is the most highly regulated thing that is still legal in the United States lol.

I'm the most conservative and least politically correct person I know. But, just as smokers don't have the right to pollute the clean air I breath, I don't have the right to aim a high speed fan at their smoke-filled, tar-lined lungs.......or do I?

And don't preach to me about someone's right to smoke. My dad smoked from the time he was 13 until his death and I saw first hand how cigarette smoke distroyed not only his lungs and life but some of those around him.

And, I think we all know why corrupt and hypocritical governments don't outlaw cigarettes; follow the money trail. Not only do governments collect enormous tax revenue from cigarettes they also launder money, via bills and laws they pass, to their health care business buddies to treat those with medical conditions causes by first and second hand smoke.

This will be my last post on the subject because I don't want to derail this thread any further. Looking forward to breathing fresh, clean sea air in February!

Edited by SmoothCruising

Did the one nighter just go into the solent, round the Isle of Wight or a bit further?

Wasn't there Sully, but according to my marine tracker, Escape got about 30 km below the Isle of Wight and did about 2 or 3 parallel rectangles east 40 km about 30 km below Brighton. Hope I didn't horn in there. Gerry

Wasn't there Sully, but according to my marine tracker, Escape got about 30 km below the Isle of Wight and did about 2 or 3 parallel rectangles east 40 km about 30 km below Brighton. Hope I didn't horn in there. Gerry

It just did a bit of a float around then. Southampton to Isle of Wight takes an hour on the ferry

Although I despise the itinerary, I booked an aft corner suite 13306 to check the ship out. I do hope at sometime in the future, the Getaway and the Escape, or Bliss will alternate itineraries, or head to the southern Caribbean rather than the discount tour to the USVI, BVI and Bahamas.:eek:;)

AGreed! We're think of booking as a "cheap" cruise so that we can just explore & enjoy the ship! We've only been on 4 cruises and never on a mega ship! And by cheap cruise I mean not getting off and wasting money in places we've been to already. I don't like Nassau at all and have been to St Thomas 5 times already.