Everything.. ESCAPE (live 29 Oct 2015!)

Anyone have any info on Dulce? I have not heard anything about it. Cost? Is it any Good? Anything?

6&8

Good question. Would love to see what flavors they have at Dolce Gelato.

Also, have seen photos of the display for the atrium cafe bakery, but what about Carlos' Bake Shop? Does anybody have photos of what they offer, prices, and if they are worth the extra cost?

Also, have seen photos of the display for the atrium cafe bakery, but what about Carlos' Bake Shop? Does anybody have photos of what they offer, prices, and if they are worth the extra cost?

No Carlo's on the Escape. Now called the Bake Shoppe

On the pre inaugural The Bake Shop and The Atrium Café offered the same stuff: macarons, cupcake (mini and regular size). Both macarons and mini cupcakes were a bit less than 3 USD, regular sized cupcake were 5 USD (not added the 18% gratuity). You will see photos plus photos of the menu of the Atrium Café in my review.

I haven´t seen the prices for Dolce Gelato.

steamboats

If this has been asked before I apologize. Most nights when we travel we will be eating in the specialty restaraunts. Generally, in he past as an example....if we were at Le Bistro, I would order both the mussels and the escargot as an appetizer. For my trip on December 12th we have purchased the UDP. If I want tha additional appetizer with my meal, am I now going to be charged additional for it? Additionally I would generally get a lobster dish that used to carry a $10 upcharge. Has that upcharge gone away or will that still be in affect even with the UDP? Thank you in advance.

Bearing in mind I've just come off Anthem of the Seas with its vroom internet. Going back to the old method used by NCL is painfully slow

Strange they wouldn't have equipped a new ship like the Escape with the faster technology.

A few steps forward inside the stateroom, note the curtains which hides the sofa bed in a sort of cave.

87171-1446226427.JPG

Peeking into the cave with the sofa bed (sleeps 2 IIRC).

97513-1446226448.JPG

Looking back from the middle of the room, back towards the window. Right is the bed, left a lot of storage.

24128-1446226442.JPG

The "master" bed, with a large wardrobe but under the slope of the ship's superstructure.

47540-1446226433.JPG

And the bathroom, normal sized/comparable to balcony/mini suite size BR, with a tub.

2563-1446226454.JPG

Thanks to the room steward who let me get these quick shots on disembarkation!

Oh and by the way.. could someone inform with Guest Services if they've found woman's reading glasses (in a dark case) in fwd balcony 11710? The girlfriend might have left them on (the darker middle) shelf of the right side nightstand, not sure as we can't find them at home hehe!

Also not sure if calling the US number would be a help as the ship hasn't made it to Miami yet.

Many thanks!

Edited by FreestyleNovice

Had a busy week after the short cruise to Southampton.

I took a few snapshot of forward facing oceanview 11700, let me show you the floorplan I made myself for your reference.

nqu7gp.png

Firstly let me say thank you! The O2 rooms are huge and I love the layout! My daughter is going to have so much fun!

interesting, thank you. It still is listed as carlos on the escape page deck plans.

So the pictures floating around of a bakery display, are those the bake shop or atrium cafe? Still interested in pricing and flavor, as well.

The sign in atrium cafe says the bake shop

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1446388600.522488.jpg.75f66710beba53f4fb0b36448815ae5e.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1446388552.133245.jpg.992c431a93efbfac449853b2d5e2e783.jpg

Edited by sjnyc323

Strange they wouldn't have equipped a new ship like the Escape with the faster technology.

NCL has no faster technology yet. RCI/X is using the low flying O3B satelites. All Carnival brands use a mixture of land reception and satelites. NCL has nothing so far. So they simply can´t equip a ship with faster technology.

steamboats

If it was possible they probably would have. The provider of this ultra high speed satellite internet has a contract with Royal and they are currently dont have the typicality to move to other ships. They will need to launch more satellites to expand this service to other ships.

6&8

... it's done!

In one week I selected and worked out almost 500 interior photos of Norwegian Escape including Haven, restaurants, shops, cabins, spa and many public areas. And here they are well sorted and categorized:

http://www.depping-design.de/test/index.php

1500K3__2943.jpg

150006_taste08.jpg

1500K3__2910.jpg

Enjoy the photos and good bye Norwegian Escape!

Andreas

... it's done!

In one week I selected and worked out almost 500 interior photos of Norwegian Escape including Haven, restaurants, shops, cabins, spa and many public areas. And here they are well sorted and categorized:

Andreas

Great! Thank you! It will be nice to view your photos in preparation for our upcoming cruise in December.

Had a busy week after the short cruise to Southampton.

I took a few snapshot of forward facing oceanview 11700, let me show you the floorplan I made myself for your reference.

Freestyle, thank you so much for the layout drawing and the pictures!! We are so excited about Escape, and you've confirmed we've chosen the perfect cabin for us!!😁

Well sheesh I don't even need to bring a camera next year now.

Thanks!

... it's done!

http://www.depping-design.de/test/index.php

Andreas