Everything.. ESCAPE (live 29 Oct 2015!)

How was the "After Midnight" show?

We are on the 3 day next week and trying to pack in as much as possible, but at the same time might want a free night. Trying to decide if we would be missing a ton if we forego After Midnight to be able to do the Supper Club and Million Dollar Quartet.

Thanks guys!

That does seem weird! I'm holding out hope that there will be at least a comedy show that night. :cool:

This is such a clever move on their part. Two days at port and then a long night before a sea day....everyone is going to want to go out that night and with no shows they will all spend spend spend. I would expect the Tortola nights to be super busy ship wide. Everyone will be out and about.

This is such a clever move on their part. Two days at port and then a long night before a sea day....everyone is going to want to go out that night and with no shows they will all spend spend spend. I would expect the Tortola nights to be super busy ship wide. Everyone will be out and about.

Could it be that that's the night of the GLOW party?

--Michael

How was the "After Midnight" show?

We are on the 3 day next week and trying to pack in as much as possible, but at the same time might want a free night. Trying to decide if we would be missing a ton if we forego After Midnight to be able to do the Supper Club and Million Dollar Quartet.

Thanks guys!

Having seen all 3 shows on the 3 night cruise from Hamburg to Southampton - I would say see the Supper Club first then Million Dollar Quartet.

There was nothing really wrong with After Midnight - singing, dancing & costumes were great but it just lacked oomph in my view.

Sounds like the shows are the only positive reviews so far. I hope the reviews get better once she moves to Miami. I am really leery about NCL since I have never been. I may change to RCCL where I know it will be great on the Oasis or Allure. The Escape looks great, but NCL sounds like the don't know how to run the ship. I sure hope I'm wrong.

Sounds like the shows are the only positive reviews so far. I hope the reviews get better once she moves to Miami. I am really leery about NCL since I have never been. I may change to RCCL where I know it will be great on the Oasis or Allure. The Escape looks great, but NCL sounds like the don't know how to run the ship. I sure hope I'm wrong.

What reviews have you been reading?

I havent seen a single negative review. Only positive things...

There are quite a few negative reviews floating around, especially regarding the service onboard. Even the official CC UK editor's review of a preview cruise mentions lackluster service. It's understandable for a new ship, but some of it is also likely due to the implementation of new operational procedures by Prestige management. It's doubled the number of new hoops for crew and staff to jump through.

Edited by barnacle_boy

So is this an accurate statement? On Escape, the difference between Mini Suite and Balcony is still only in the bathroom but instead of having a bathtub, it's an overall upgrade of the bathroom but with no bathtub. Sorry if this was already covered.

Thanks!

I just got off the phone with an NCL agent. I was asking about my stateroom on my 11/28 Escape cruise. She told me she just saw the Escape in Miami and it was a beautiful ship. When I told her I thought it was still in the Atlantic she assured me it's in Miami now!!! LOL

So is this an accurate statement? On Escape, the difference between Mini Suite and Balcony is still only in the bathroom but instead of having a bathtub, it's an overall upgrade of the bathroom but with no bathtub. Sorry if this was already covered.

Thanks!

Family Mini Suite's have bathtubs and Mini Suite's have a large shower with spa like jets.

Hope this helps answer your question.

I just got off the phone with an NCL agent. I was asking about my stateroom on my 11/28 Escape cruise. She told me she just saw the Escape in Miami and it was a beautiful ship. When I told her I thought it was still in the Atlantic she assured me it's in Miami now!!! LOL

Oh good grief :rolleyes: LOL

LOL. can't even see Dodge Island from their corporate office. What a maroon!

Yep some of those are pretty brutal reviews.

I can't believe anyone would book a taster cruise and expect everything to be perfect on a brand new ship. They have to know they were paying for an opportunity to be on a new ship, to be FIRST, but not necessarily expect the full cruise experience.

NOW, if reviews like that keep up 3 months after normal Caribbean service starts, that's a different story, but I've pretty much got to write off these initial reviews at least in regards of what they would tell me to expect from normal operation.

I can imagine what my review would look like if my time on the ship was based on boarding one day and leaving the next. The two most stress filled days of any cruise..what if that were your whole cruise. Grain of salt.

Edited by DCT61

I can't believe anyone would book a taster cruise and expect everything to be perfect on a brand new ship. They have to know they were paying for an opportunity to be on a new ship, to be FIRST, but not necessarily expect the full cruise experience.

NOW, if reviews like that keep up 3 months after normal Caribbean service starts, that's a different story, but I've pretty much got to write off these initial reviews at least in regards of what they would tell me to expect from normal operation.

Just curious as to how many taster cruises any of these "reviewers" had taken previously.:cool: