Everything.. ESCAPE (live 29 Oct 2015!)

Not sure if this was already mentioned, as my wifi onboard is spotty, but the Platinum certificate for "Behind the Scenes Tour" says it's been stopped pending further notice from Miami. This is one ship I'd love to do the BTST on.

This figures, I hope it changes. My DH and I are finally Platinum and this was one thing we were looking forward too:(

Not sure if this was already mentioned, as my wifi onboard is spotty, but the Platinum certificate for "Behind the Scenes Tour" says it's been stopped pending further notice from Miami. This is one ship I'd love to do the BTST on.

Have they stopped doing the tour altogether, or just giving it away for free to Platinums? Having done (and paid for) the tour on the Getaway, I can say that it was worth every penny.

Would make sense for a time to suspend it because of all the logistics issues involved in getting a new ship design up and running. I would give them a few months to be comfortable.

They could reinstate it in future. We really do not know just going by what they are saying as of now

Not doing it at all

Maybe if there is enough interest, NCL will offer this again. It's obvious they are in tune with message boards such as Cruise Critic so here's hoping. I know Our group traveling in May on the Escape would be interested.

Food was really excellent. I only had the Salpicon de Mariscos as we had a dinner at Le Bistro scheduled. My friends had the Bife de Chorizo which is Wagyu beef what explains the price. They also had the Matambee (Beef Carpaccio - forgot to take a photo of that). They both were very pleased with the meat quality and preparation. The meat part of the Bife de Chorizo was well sized. You can "complain" about the sides which were more on the "small side". Anyway with a 3 course meal you didn´t leave hungry.

steamboats

Thanks for your reply. The size of the Wagyu beef in your picture appeared to be small that is why I asked.

Other District Brewhouse info... It seems to be the spot for sports watching. Yesterday they had American Football playing all day long, and showing Monday night football tonight. They have a large screen that rolls down, and a guy plays music in between. It's a great spot for this. The Dailies listed that this was the location, and we saw no broadcasts of games elsewhere, as the Atrium was busy with other events.

Also, the Brewhouse opens at 11am. Prior to opening, it seems the relaxing chairs and couches are being filled by (generally elderly) folks looking for a quiet place to relax and read. After opening, these folks don't seem to move on, nor do they order any drinks. So what is basically the fun, pub, Brewhouse on the ship is being condensed to the chairs at the bar only. It's kind of disappointing to come in looking for fun, upbeat pub and instead find a library. Later in the day it gets much better.

Other District Brewhouse info... It seems to be the spot for sports watching. Yesterday they had American Football playing all day long, and showing Monday night football tonight. They have a large screen that rolls down, and a guy plays music in between. It's a great spot for this. The Dailies listed that this was the location, and we saw no broadcasts of games elsewhere, as the Atrium was busy with other events.

Also, the Brewhouse opens at 11am. Prior to opening, it seems the relaxing chairs and couches are being filled by (generally elderly) folks looking for a quiet place to relax and read. After opening, these folks don't seem to move on, nor do they order any drinks. So what is basically the fun, pub, Brewhouse on the ship is being condensed to the chairs at the bar only. It's kind of disappointing to come in looking for fun, upbeat pub and instead find a library. Later in the day it gets much better.

TA oldies are the worst... "Oh, this must be the HAL group that's on board honey, look at those oldies, are they even alive?" ;)

Yes, both venues are selling the same stuff. It was macarons and two sizes of cupcakes only no other cakes or cheesecake.

steamboats

Thank you for your answer! I'm hopeful that when she is sailing out of Miami that there will be more variety, but will make do with all the food on the ship, if not. :D

Has anyone come across any Family Oceanview room pics?

Here are a few, at the bottem of the page:

https://photos.google.com/share/AF1QipM2yohty-dJ_pb9ItFDCeY0H5SOEuwGBiPnbSPNL2YXEhvcgbYb5iZ7010zR56fKA?key=N05vQWlDUUxwSEJYWS1Wa3dJa3F5aDZXRXdmSFdR

They were found through this thread:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2275476

And here is a short video:

I think the brew house just serves brew lol. Hey I'm happy there is another kid free zone.

In one of the Escape threads people said that you could order Food Republic food at the Brewhouse.

Given the arrangement of tables and the size, as well as the early opening hour, I strongly doubt this is a kid free zone all day. Perhaps right at the bar or after a certain hour of the evening.

Is there a sign that says 21+ only or does it say no kids without adults? Just curious. I thought they served food there from Food Republic?

No, there is no sign that I can see. It says it in the Freestyle Daily in very small print. (My connection sucks, or I'd upload the pic I took). There are just 4 Food Republic menu items available for order here out of about 50 on the actual Food republic menu. Like other bars on the ship, it isn't a place to go to eat. I've never seen anyone here with food, and we are here a lot. (I said "here" because I am sitting in The District Brewhouse typing this. Haha).

No, there is no sign that I can see. It says it in the Freestyle Daily in very small print. (My connection sucks, or I'd upload the pic I took). There are just 4 Food Republic menu items available for order here out of about 50 on the actual Food republic menu. Like other bars on the ship, it isn't a place to go to eat. I've never seen anyone here with food, and we are here a lot. (I said "here" because I am sitting in The District Brewhouse typing this. Haha).

Thanks for the update. Glad you are enjoying the Brewhouse, it is one venue I am really looking forward to.

Hey I'm happy there is another kid free zone.

We can not tolerate people who make bad choices ( not their fault, they are young) but MUST tolerate adults who make bad choices (totally their fault).

Makes total sense. Go troll somewhere else.

Edited by rob&tam