Everything.. ESCAPE (live 29 Oct 2015!)

MDR means main dining room, yes. I have no idea which one she was in at the moment. Can't imagine it would be any different regardless of which MDR they were in.

Thank you for the info.

It's interesting to see that they will be offering ala carte options in the main dining rooms. Hopefully that balance of the menu is still decent. Otherwise I feel like if you want something better, you have to pay extra. Hopefully that's not the case. When I was on the Epic, the prime rib dinner was included. I would think that was the same scenario on the Away ships, no?

I'm sure this will cause a fair amount of controversy, but it is nice to have choices like this IMHO. You have the free fare, along with some upcharge choices. I assume this was not the menu in its entirety?

Those of us who have been cruising for a long time remember when whole lobster and filet mignon was an included part of dinner. I disagree with you about the choices. With the increases NCL has instituted for their crusing fares, this is pretty much a slap in the face. My opinion, of course. Still, I admit if I am in the MDR and want lobster, I will order it despite the charge.

Edited by SissasMomE

Thank you for the info.

It's interesting to see that they will be offering ala carte options in the main dining rooms. Hopefully that balance of the menu is still decent. Otherwise I feel like if you want something better, you have to pay extra. Hopefully that's not the case. When I was on the Epic, the prime rib dinner was included. I would think that was the same scenario on the Away ships, no?

Prime rib has always been included. I'm a little shocked that they are now charging for it.

It's the extra charge items in the MDR.

I'd really like to see what the balance of the menu looks like (non-extra charge items). Any chance you can snap a photo?

I'm getting the feeling NLC has created a new racquet for themselves.

Thanks for the updates!

I'd really like to see what the balance of the menu looks like (non-extra charge items). Any chance you can snap a photo?

I'm getting the feeling NLC has created a new racquet for themselves.

Thanks for the updates!

I will ask her to send one to me.

Edited by SissasMomE

Prime rib has always been included. I'm a little shocked that they are now charging for it.

I don't think the serving was 16 oz though. That's a big hunk of meat.... And maybe it is a better cut?

I don't think I would order the a la carte, as the portions are too big, but for people who really miss "lobster night", maybe this is better than not being able to get it at all?

I actually prefer this approach rather than them raising the price of a cruise for everyone, to be able to serve lobster even to people that don't want it.

I don't think the serving was 16 oz though. That's a big hunk of meat.... And maybe it is a better cut?

I don't think I would order the a la carte, as the portions are too big, but for people who really miss "lobster night", maybe this is better than not being able to get it at all?

I actually prefer this approach rather than them raising the price of a cruise for everyone, to be able to serve lobster even to people that don't want it.

I wouldn't spend $20 on a 1 and 1/4 - 1.5 pound lobster ... that's tiny, but who knows. I guess if I really had a hankering for it I would. :D