MUST HAVE foods on NCL

vent1020

I Forgot about the pretzel buns, I loved those. Also loved the pound cake muffins.

Pretzel buns!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We totally missed them on our Epic cruise. :eek: I made a point of going and finding them when we did the Breakaway.

Must say I was not all that impressed. From all of the "you HAVE to try the pretzel bun" posts I was already to love them too. But really thought they were just ok. :o

I will say they were stone cold. Maybe they are tastier if I could find them fresh and warm?? :confused:

We totally missed them on our Epic cruise. :eek: I made a point of going and finding them when we did the Breakaway.

Must say I was not all that impressed. From all of the "you HAVE to try the pretzel bun" posts I was already to love them too. But really thought they were just ok. :o

I will say they were stone cold. Maybe they are tastier if I could find them fresh and warm?? :confused:

Stoopid auto correct! :mad:

Thanks for all the ideas when we go on the Getaway January 3rd, 2015

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk

Oh, you're not sailing until then....? :eek:

This just in from NCL Corporate.......

By January 1, 2015, all food will be eliminated fleetwide. Each passenger will receive 1 nutritional tablet for each meal and will have the option to purchase 1 extra per day.

Just thought you should know before hand in case you wanted to cancel your cruise.

This has been brought about by the numerous complaints regarding the food on all Norwegian Cruise Line Ships.

:eek:

Warm bread & butter pudding in the mdr. If it's lukewarm, send it back. If it's not hot, it really isn't very good.

Cold blueberry soup at the buffet.

Coconut flan at mdr.

Yummy stuff!

Lisa

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Forums mobile app

• 2 weeks later...

Fruits De Mer & Escargot @ Le Bistro

Filet Mignon, Cagney's Fries & most desserts @ Cagney's

Picanha, Garlic Beef & Fried Sweet Bananas @ Moderno

Lobster Roll & Spicy Calamari @ Ocean Blue

Lobster Night, dessert crepes, bread pudding, french toast & eggs benedict @ Buffet

Pot Pie & Breakaway Sunday @ O'Sheehans

Favorite drink - Bushwacker

I'm sure I left some others out! :)

Fruits De Mer & Escargot @ Le Bistro

Filet Mignon, Cagney's Fries & most desserts @ Cagney's

Picanha, Garlic Beef & Fried Sweet Bananas @ Moderno

Lobster Roll & Spicy Calamari @ Ocean Blue

Lobster Night, dessert crepes, bread pudding, french toast & eggs benedict @ Buffet

Pot Pie & Breakaway Sunday @ O'Sheehans

Favorite drink - Bushwacker

I'm sure I left some others out! :)

Anyone ever post a picture of the Fruits De Mer?

I started a thread like this prior to my Princess cruise on the Princess board and the help was overwhelming. I want to create a bucket list of must have foods for my upcoming cruise in November.(yes it's a little early, but most understand the excitement of having a cruise booked) :D

Yes, I've cruised on NCL back in February of 2012, but that was my first cruise and I had no freaking idea what I was doing and missed out on a lot.

So, what food do you most look forward to when you cruise on NCL? I love food and would hate to miss out on something. Thanks!

The cookies in the buffet, the pretzel rolls and the little sandwiches every afternoon.

I am not a huge French toast fan, but I LOVE the French toast in the buffet! I also can't wait to get some chocolate-raspberry truffle cake in the MDR this summer. At Moderno, pretty much everything on the salad bar is fantastic, but I was almost embarrassed by the amount of grilled pineapple I kept asking for...I think I ate more of that than the meats! :) There was also a Thai chicken and shrimp entree in the MDR one night that I'd love to have again.

I ate at Moderno' two weeks ago and never saw any grilled pineapple where was it?

As for must have foods..I would say the French toast and hash browns at the buffet, the sliders at Cagneys, raspberry brulee, and the truffle fries. As someone else mentioned the burgers are pretty decent. Oh there was a dish scallop gratin for lunch at I believe at taste that was also divine.

I ate at Moderno' two weeks ago and never saw any grilled pineapple where was it?

As for must have foods..I would say the French toast and hash browns at the buffet, the sliders at Cagneys, raspberry brulee, and the truffle fries. As someone else mentioned the burgers are pretty decent. Oh there was a dish scallop gratin for lunch at I believe at taste that was also divine.

That really stinks that you didn't get to try the grilled pineapple. You should have asked for it if they didn't bring it around. The "long" menu has everything they are supposed to bring around on it. You can request they bring something in particular if you want. I always ask for the pineapple before I get too filled up. It is to die for!

Edited by peg013

Oh, you're not sailing until then....? :eek:

This just in from NCL Corporate.......

By January 1, 2015, all food will be eliminated fleetwide. Each passenger will receive 1 nutritional tablet for each meal and will have the option to purchase 1 extra per day.

Just thought you should know before hand in case you wanted to cancel your cruise.

This has been brought about by the numerous complaints regarding the food on all Norwegian Cruise Line Ships.

:eek:

Thanks g or the laugh Connie!

This is going to sound ridiculous - but the specialty burgers they make at the BBQ and the french fries - they are heavenly to this guy.

Also - the Cheese Sampler (formerly the International Cheese Platter) is the best desert in my mind in the world.

My "must-haves" on any NCL ship are as follows:

* Rack of lamb at Le Bistro

* Filet du boeuf (tenderloin steak) at Le Bistro

* Fruit-de-mer (seafood) specialty at Le Bistro

* Warm bread pudding (dessert) at MDR - even if I have most of my dinners in a specialty restaurant

* Beef Carpaccio at La Cocina (it is a starter, but I have often had one as starter and another as main course)

* Affogato (dessert) - ice cream topped with warm espresso at La Cocina

* Fish'n Chips at Blue Lagoon

* Spring Rolls at the Asian restaurant

Edited by TrumpyNOR