MUST HAVE foods on NCL

vent1020

We think the food at Teppanyaki is better than OK (at least on Breakaway, I don't remember being wowed when I was on the Dawn) -- on the cruise we just completed, I'd say it was the best food we ate all week. The fried rice was simply amazing. I wished I could have packed up the leftovers and brought them home with me the next day. :) And the chicken and filet were both delicious as well.

Yeah, I think it's the one pay restaurant that is worth taking young kids to. Anyone would enjoy it, but especially younger children(14 and younger). And like the previous poster said, the food is not too bad.

Thanks.... Can anyone share the menu for tepanyaki. My wife is vegetarian but myself and kids are non non vegetarian

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 6 months later...
About the pineapple, alot of folks go gaga over the roasted pineapple at Moderno (the chupicabra). It is good.

This made me laugh out loud! I think you mean churrascaria. Chupacabra is the animal that kills animals at night. Churrascaria is the style of restaurant that the meat is served on skewers.

Wow...a lot of tasty food.

Chicken Pot Pie got a lot of raves.

Where do you get the Pretzel Rolls?

Is it Lobster Rolls or Lobster Tails from Carlos Bakery, and how much do they cost?

For the Dinner show with Cirque Dreams, I know of their "fixed menu"...what was the best substitute anyone was able to order?

Thanks in advance...

Pretzel rolls are in the Garden Cafe.

Lobster Tail pastries are at Carlo's Bake Shop or also in the Atrium Cafe. $3.00? Don't remember.

Worth it.

Not sure if this has been mentioned yet: hand scooped (by servers behind the counter) hard ice cream in the Garden Cafe. Warm caramel and chocolate sauce. Mmmmmmmm.

Spaghetti Carbonara in either the MDR or La Cucina :)

~Robin

Every Day at Sea is a Great Day

Edited by meatball_nyc

Anything at Teppanaki! Crepes at the buffet and the calamari at Ocean blue take out window. Yum!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

It's nice to see a thread I started 7 months ago get revised 3 weeks before my cruise. :D I have my list.

I do have a question from the comment above. I absolutely LOVE calamari. We will be on the Dawn. Does anyone know where you can get calamari aboard the Dawn?

It's nice to see a thread I started 7 months ago get revised 3 weeks before my cruise. :D I have my list.

I do have a question from the comment above. I absolutely LOVE calamari. We will be on the Dawn. Does anyone know where you can get calamari aboard the Dawn?

Probably La Cucina, since they offer fried calamari as an appetizer there. Wherever you find it, I know you will enjoy it.:D

Definitely on my list of places to try out for my upcoming trip is La Cucina, Moderno, and Le Bistro (the others I'll do on other cruises, had to narrow it down for the waistline's sake;)). Food items to try out on this cruise are pretzel rolls; chicken pot pie, artichoke dip and ice cream sundae from O'sheenan; escargot from Le Bistro or MDR; almost all the appetizers, pasta and entree from La Cucina; salad bar, sides and flan from Moderno; sushi from the sushi place and noodle soup or rice dishes from the Noodle bar.

edit: Got to find creme brulee, haven't had one of those in like years.....

Edited by maywell

Probably La Cucina, since they offer fried calamari as an appetizer there. Wherever you find it, I know you will enjoy it.:D

Definitely on my list of places to try out for my upcoming trip is La Cucina, Moderno, and Le Bistro (the others I'll do on other cruises, had to narrow it down for the waistline's sake;)). Food items to try out on this cruise are pretzel rolls; chicken pot pie, artichoke dip and ice cream sundae from O'sheenan; escargot from Le Bistro or MDR; almost all the appetizers, pasta and entree from La Cucina; salad bar, sides and flan from Moderno; sushi from the sushi place and noodle soup or rice dishes from the Noodle bar.

Thank you, thank you, thank you.

I absolutely love the bread pudding in the MDR's

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Even the bread pudding (a plainer Jane compared to MDR's) on the evening buffet is wonderful--as good as the hand-dipped ice cream if breading pudding is a favorite of yours.

posted from my N7 FHD via Tapatalk

I started a thread like this prior to my Princess cruise on the Princess board and the help was overwhelming. I want to create a bucket list of must have foods for my upcoming cruise in November.(yes it's a little early, but most understand the excitement of having a cruise booked) :D

Yes, I've cruised on NCL back in February of 2012, but that was my first cruise and I had no freaking idea what I was doing and missed out on a lot.

So, what food do you most look forward to when you cruise on NCL? I love food and would hate to miss out on something. Thanks!

Well, it used to be lobster tail but that is shot to hell now. :(