MUST HAVE foods on NCL

vent1020

I dream about the muesli at breakfast in the buffet. I have tried every brand in our supermarket and none taste as good as this. One morning on the Epic, it was made with fresh pears and I ate nothing else for breakfast but that!!!

Adding that to my list thank you very much.

Robin

Norwegian Breakaway July 2014

Carnival Miracle 2010

Carnival Legend 2006

Every Day at Sea is a Great Day

Focaccia bread from the Italian restaurant along with the lemon ricotta cheesecake. Also, the bread pudding and of course those yummy pretzel rolls!

I would say the chilled banana soup but they don't serve that anymore....:(:(:(

Do they really have fresh pineapple?

Is that also on European cruises or only US/Caribbean? May be hard to find fresh ones in Europe...

When I was aboard the Sun in Europe in 2012, they served the roasted pineapple in Moderno's.

On Getaway they had fresh pineapple every day in the buffet. They also had the roasted pineapple dessert in the main dining room about mid-week. I also loved the pineapple upside down cake and the pineapple cream cake they had in the buffet once each.

In the buffet they had "rum balls" for dessert at lunch. They were chocolate truffles rolled in chocolate sprinkles. Couldn't taste any rum. They were so delicious. I only had one, but was very tempted to eat a dozen. :D I asked if they would serve them again, but sadly it was a one day option.

I love the lemon sorbet with that cookie/wafer-type thing in the MDR! So yummy after a filling dinner. :-) Both my husband and my dad enjoy the chocolate raspberry truffle cake in the MDR and the beef/pork slider -- burger, topped with pulled pork and cheese. They found it the last day of our Epic cruise last year and my husband has been craving it ever since! Good thing we have another cruise booked for next year.

I started a thread like this prior to my Princess cruise on the Princess board and the help was overwhelming. I want to create a bucket list of must have foods for my upcoming cruise in November.(yes it's a little early, but most understand the excitement of having a cruise booked) :D

Yes, I've cruised on NCL back in February of 2012, but that was my first cruise and I had no freaking idea what I was doing and missed out on a lot.

So, what food do you most look forward to when you cruise on NCL? I love food and would hate to miss out on something. Thanks!

buffalo wings in Blue Lagoon

mushroom soup and escargot (if you like it) in Le Bistro; also end the meal with fondue if you have any room left for dessert.

cream of broccoli soup in the MDR

eggs benedict in the buffet

ceasar salad at the buffer

pretzel rolls at the buffet.

My favorites were:

Creme Brulee in Le Bistro (best dessert I had all week)

French Onion Soup in Le Bistro (I thought it was MUCH better than the MDR)

Crab Cakes in the MDR (they were fabulous)

Key Lime Pie in the MDR

There were so many great dishes, but these were my faves.

I think you mean Churrascaria? I think a chupacabra is some kind of Mexican Bigfoot. :)

The dude serving the roasted pineapple had really long gangly arms, beady eyes and he was very short. He was a chupicabra working at Modernos.

Anything as simple as banana cream pie on the Getaway?

Blueberry pie? Chocolate cream pie or chocolate mousse type dessert?

Stuff like that?

Don't know if you're in a suite or not but Cagney's at lunch has a banana cream pie to do for!

Harriet

Don't know if you're in a suite or not but Cagney's at lunch has a banana cream pie to do for!

Harriet

We are signed up for a Guarantee Balcony right now. Hoping for an upgrade in the week or so before the cruise (June 14th).

Only people in suites can have lunch at Cagney's? We have the Unlimited Dining Plan.

Edited by Accessbowtie

We are signed up for a Guarantee Balcony right now. Hoping for an upgrade in the week or so before the cruise (June 14th).

Only people in suites can have lunch at Cagney's? We have the Unlimited Dining Plan.

Even if they move you from a guaranteed balcony it would be a mini suite...of which there are no perks.

Yes, only people in suites and those who are VIP. Cagney's is open for dinner for everyone and that is when you'll be able to go there for the UDP.

UDP is for dinner only.

Harriet