A perspective of her size

ivalee

Allure is huge! But it's funny...most of the ships look huge from the land. I was on the beach in Fort Lauderdale near the Sheraton last week and one of the big Celebrity ships was coming out of the inlet. I told my friend to look south and she actually couldn't see it because it just looked like an appendage to one of the hotels. I said keep looking, and she screamed when she realized the "hotel" was moving! We were close to a mile away and it looked like it was coming out from between the buildings a block away because it was so big.:D

Totally off topic, but Ivalee, I couldn't help but notice that on your signature/past cruise list you have several !!! after your December Grandeur cruise. Curious as to why that is (and hoping you'll say BC it was extra fun since I'll be on her soon).

Maybe some day you will be able to afford it. Wink wink.

Liberty was big enough for me ! Besides the price they charge for a D-1 on Oasis ... and getting a smaller cabin than i would in Liberty or other ships in that category ... no thanks !

We are RC fans ... but no desire to be on the Big Ugly sisters ... just for the sake of saying i've "done" them and bragging on here.

Edited by F27TW

e5umerur.jpg

Another perspective, this is from John U Lloyd Park beach the morning the Allure first arrived at Port Everglades. The buildings are Point of America Condos and are 22 stories high.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

One more sailing and then we will be on the Allure!! Can't wait!! We cruised on Oasis, and even though it is HUGE, it just didn't feel that way!! Balcony cabin, deck 12, 12+ days and counting!! :)

We'll be right there with you!!:D

Liberty was big enough for me ! Besides the price they charge for a D-1 on Oasis ... and getting a smaller cabin than i would in Liberty or other ships in that category ... no thanks !

We are RC fans ... but no desire to be on the Big Ugly sisters ... just for the sake of saying i've "done" them and bragging on here.

Don't knock it until you've tried it, that goes for most things!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have said this on other threads, I am pretty apprehensive about going on such a huge ship but my brother booked a cruise in June on the Allure and having read all of the reviews I am feeling very positive about it.

I have said this on other threads, I am pretty apprehensive about going on such a huge ship but my brother booked a cruise in June on the Allure and having read all of the reviews I am feeling very positive about it.

You are going to have an AMAZING time. The only downfall is.........you do NOT want to get off the ship...:):):)