Condolences to Sail7seas

mamaofami

Judy - We have been saddened all weekend by this news. I'm now home and at a computer and would like to add our condolences and sympathies to you on the loss of Robert. You won't remember this - but I can assure you that you alone are responsible for DH and I cruising again after my heart attack. Your kind words and advice made it happen, and I feel blessed for that. Take care of yourself.

We are all truly connected.....it is true in that I sit here with tears in my eyes, not knowing you, but knowing how profound your loss is.

You have always described your Husband with such fondness, admiration and respect....the loss of your dearest friend and companion reminds me that each moment with my DH is to be cherished and not taken for granted.

You have my deepest sympathies and prayers for strength as you move forward during this most difficult time.

As others I was saddened and shocked when I found out. The love and comfort sent out by the HAL board is amazing. I just want to also send cyber hugs. I know that Robert was more than just your husband he was your best friend and the loss has got to be so painful

Just know that we send our love with comforting thoughts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So very sorry to hear this sad news Sail. Perhaps the following will bring you a little comfort in the days and weeks ahead....

"Death is not extinguishing the light.

It is putting out the lamp because the dawn has come." (Tagore)

Dearest Sail

Our language is short on words that can bring comfort at a time like this...but as you can see ,many on this board are sending you our warmest thoughts and support.

You have gifted many on this site with your cruise wisdom,my self included and I so wish there was something to ease your pain.

Robert's love for you has gone no where...neither death nor time can ever take that from you..it will remain with you always..take strength from his love in the difficult days ahead.

My sincere best wishes and deepest sympathy,

Colleen

Sail7:

I think we may have been on a cruise in the past or at least corresponded on CC.

Many have already expressed deep sorrow on your loss and I will express a different and hopefully positive message.

Think about all the good cruises with your DH. How many times did you and he love what you were doing? He would be happy wth you now and you should remember that.

I tell my wife that you should cruise while you can..................because we might not be able to do so at any time at our age. So remember your last cruise and don't stop now, your hubby would want you to find some new cruising friends I think

I am so moved and touched by the beautiful messages here. I'm truly overwhelmed and cannot thank you enough. It is so kind of you all to send your prayers and condolences. This is the most horridly impossible time in my life.

Robert had been ill for a while and spent the last month in ICU. That, of course, is why I have been here very little. I wanted only to be at his side.

I so sincerely thank you for the kindness you've expressed. It helped me get through today.

Edited by sail7seas

. Jade that's so nice that you were able to be there yesterday. A representative of sorts for our CC community. I'm glad she had you close by.

What a nice way to put it, Carol. It did sort of feel that way.

Jade13

To My Friend,

You know since I saw you yesterday how sorry I am for your loss. So is my DH who enjoyed talking sports with Robert the times we all met for dinner. The service was just beautiful and heartfelt.

Just know that I am there for you.

Jade.....

I was so moved you were with me yesterday and it means so much to me. I hope you know how meaningful it was.

I think the service was beautiful and happy you do as well.

Isn't it amazing POA would post that poem? My breath caught in my throat when I read it. That he would have chosen words that were spoken at Robert's service and posted them here.

Thank you, again, for the effort you went to in order to attend.

We'll talk. Big hugs...

Edited by sail7seas

Judy - We have been saddened all weekend by this news. I'm now home and at a computer and would like to add our condolences and sympathies to you on the loss of Robert. You won't remember this - but I can assure you that you alone are responsible for DH and I cruising again after my heart attack. Your kind words and advice made it happen, and I feel blessed for that. Take care of yourself.

I am so happy I was able to find the right words that encouraged you to sail again. Thank you for sharing this with me. I may need to turn to you and others here to help me find my way to cruising again. I can't even think of it right now. Be Well~!

Sail,

Condolences to you and your family for your loss. May the precious memories of all your "sails" with your husband comfort you in the days ahead.

The many messages here show how loved and respected you are. You have shared your cruising wisdom with so many of us. Thank you.

Dear Sail,

There are not words that can ease your loss and pain, but know that you are in our thoughts and prayers for comfort and peace. We hope your 40+ years of memories of the journey you shared with Robert will help to sustain you in the days ahead.

Dave and Phyllis