Week AFTER Thanksgiving

hummingbird63

We are cruising on Carnival Liberty the week AFTER Thanksgiving...is this generally a good time to cruise, specifically will there be less children?

We are on that cruise too!!!

Usually there are a lot of kids the week "of" Thanksgiving. Once the holiday is over they go back to school.......and since this is an 8 day should not be many kids at all.

This should be a great time of year to cruise!!!

Edited by GTO-Girl

Definitely the best time of year to cruise if you like low prices and few children! :) I cruised the day after Thanksgiving a few years ago, and between Thanksgiving and the week before Christmas is still my favorite time of the year to cruise. Enjoy your cruise!

One would hope. Several years ago I booked a cruise for my family in mid-December. I thought being between holidays there would be fewer kids. After all, families with school children could only cruise on holidays and school breaks, right? I was stunned by the number of children on our cruise. Perhaps it was just the way the holidays fell that year and that some schools were already on break, or perhaps it was just because the rates were so low for that week that people just figured it was worth it to pull their kids out of school. I'm just amazed at how many people take their kids on a cruise. We couldn't afford to do that and my parents couldn't afford to take us either. So my advice is hope for the best but prepare for the worst. You could end up with lots of kids on the cruise.

This is my favorite time to cruise as well. As far as the number of children - got to remember - a LOT of parents home school now. I asked quite a few of the parents on my last 12/2013 cruise , and they all said their children were home schooled. I found them to be a lot better behaved, and respectful towards adults as the children on the cruise I took in June...

Great time to cruise, after Hurricane season, kids back in school (only small children generally on board), and the lowest prices of the year as it is between Thanksgiving and X-Mas. We have cruised several cruises at this time in December and loved it.....also great weather in the Caribbean at this time of year! Enjoy

• 2 weeks later...

Yep, I have to say the week or even the few weeks after Thanksgiving are great to cruise. Hurricane season is over and everyone is back from their trips to wherever so yes, less people are traveling, prices are better. I have cruised right after Thanksgiving a few times and loved it both times. Only thing is that when I get home, winter is just beginning and it is depressing to get back home after a cruise and have to face 4 months of bad weather.

Its one of our favorites, the week or two after. For the week after, its great because of the shortened work week before and when everyone is going back to work on Monday, you are going on vacation. Only negative might be air travel as others are going home.

Another one we like is the week before Thanksgiving.

Certainly less kiddos either time.

Not sure about cruises since we can only cruise in the summer, but years back we did Disneyworld from Thanksgiving until the next weekend. The weekend after Thanksgiving was packed with tons of people, the following week was great no lines at all.

I would assume the week after thanksgiving would be great for no kids.

It's our preferred pre Christmas time to cruise. Ship is decorated, everyone is getting into the Christmas mood, few children on board, one can relax while everyone else we know is in a frenzy over shopping!! :)

And not to mention that week is often one of the cheapest weeks of the year in terms of cruise fare.

I doubt you will see many kids.

So with ES...do you think we'll see some price drops before then? Though I think what we paid was pretty reasonable, I'd be surprised to see it go down much more than that.

Its one of our favorites, the week or two after. For the week after, its great because of the shortened work week before and when everyone is going back to work on Monday, you are going on vacation. Only negative might be air travel as others are going home.

Another one we like is the week before Thanksgiving.

Certainly less kiddos either time.

Yes, we thought about the extra time off, what a bonus! The great thing is we live only a few hours from PC, so we usually drive over the night before, which for this cruise will be on Thanksgiving Day, most people will still be enjoying their turkey day! PERFECT timing!!! :D