Celebrity Cruises Unveils Modern Luxury Firsts Onboard Celebrity Equinox

Celebrity Cruises

I'd also like to know what will be the setup on ships that have lost Michael's but have yet to have Gastro. Will Cellar Masters simply serve microbrew beers, and it's just the food that won't yet be on offer until a changeover?

I like microbrew and my wife likes red wine, so if Cellar Masters will be offering both, that'd be fine by me.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I wish celebrity every success and look forward to trying new venues. My picky beer husband is going to be happy. And I hope the slush place gives some sun protection to those serving drinks at the pool.

Yes I would also be interested when the rest get updates, or at least, who is next? Maybe the eclipse?

This sounds like a good innovation, name notwithstanding :)

As a matter of interest, why was Cellar Masters such a failure? It was a beautiful space, but always deserted. While the Martini Bar across the lobby was hopping, it was dead.

I thought part of the problem was that the Martini Bar was very open to the lobby and the flow of traffic, while CellarMasters was walled off, with just a couple of small entrances. I wonder if the Gastropub will be more opened to the flow of people in the lobby? If not, it could suffer the same fate as CellarMasters.

Edited by Seapoint

This sounds like a good innovation, name notwithstanding :)

As a matter of interest, why was Cellar Masters such a failure? It was a beautiful space, but always deserted. While the Martini Bar across the lobby was hopping, it was dead.

I thought part of the problem was that the Martini Bar was very open to the lobby and the flow of traffic, while CellarMasters was walled off, with just a couple of small entrances. I wonder if the Gastropub will be more opened to the flow of people in the lobby? If not, it could suffer the same fate as CellarMasters.

Very simple, it was a combination of the machines and the fact that not everyone drinks wine only. People want to be with their friends. I tried the machines and got a couple of glasses that were bad.

I'm guessing that X will use the EQ as a test to see how it goes and what needs to be tweaked before rolling it out.

You are most certainly correct as Celebrity always uses one ship as a "test" ship before implementing a program fleetwide.

I'm looking forward to both new venues and excited that I'll get a lot of time to sample them on our fall TA. It makes absolutely no difference to me what they're called, and if the product is wonderful I'll be glad to go no matter what it's called.

Thank you for sharing what is happening to Equinox. I have a question:

Will the Lawn Club Grill replace the Hot Glass Show at some point? I think that would be a great idea. I like the glass show but I'd LOVE to see the Lawn Club there even more.

Gastropub and Slush sound great!

Other than molecular bar it was difficult to find a drink with fresh juices on the ship. I don't like sugary syrups and artificial stuff! I am so happy this will be offered by the pool now. Good job Celeb!

And for the Gastropub, I will have to see the menu but if it is anything like Michael's Genuine on Quantum (love this Miami-based restaurant!!) I will be very very happy! Let's hope the Gastropub will be open in the late afternoon so I can stop here for a snack rahter than getting a slice or very average pizza or very basic cheese from the Oceanview. I am totally fine spending $5 on a snack if it is better than average fare.

Anyone know when the new menus will be available?

And Celeb, again, thanks for listening. I would also like to thank you from the bottom of my heart for removing Zumba from the pool area. It is difficult enough to get a lounger in this area with the crowds and Zumba did not help the matter. Looking forward to my next cruise on Reflection in January!

THANKS!

Where did u hear they r removing Zumba from the pool area. I agree it takes up too much deck space.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I really liked Cellar Masters when on the Connie in Europe last October and again in January in the caribbean. We're on Equinox in October in the Med again and am glad to hear they are looking at both beer and wine rather than just turning this venue into a brew pub. Hopefully they still offer the self serve wine dispensers as it was great when not on a drink package!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Alright, question, that i'm sure I have already missed the answer in 4-5 previous posts.

We're sailing out on the EQ on June 21st, and it'll be our 1st cruise on X since.....well...jumping ship from Princess.

I LOVE craft beers and we have the Classic Package. Probably know where I'm heading with this. Will the beers in Gastro not be a part of the Classic Package?

I have a feeling, I should've just stayed in bed today. :p

Thank you, and Go Blackhawks,

Andy

Alright, question, that i'm sure I have already missed the answer in 4-5 previous posts.

We're sailing out on the EQ on June 21st, and it'll be our 1st cruise on X since.....well...jumping ship from Princess.

I LOVE craft beers and we have the Classic Package. Probably know where I'm heading with this. Will the beers in Gastro not be a part of the Classic Package?

Andy

Many if not most of the craft beers in Michaels were not included in the Classic either - no real change here.

Gastro pubs started in London about 25 years ago. They serve beer and better than average pub food. There are many gastro pubs in NY. Sounds like that's where the name comes from.

I'm hoping for good Pub food. I do enjoy beer. But when cruising I always drink wine or Piña Colada. I can drink more wine than beer. Richard

In my haste to comment on the name of the pub, I didn't mention that I do really like the idea of Slush - the non-alcoholic options will be a hit with kids, and the alcoholic options will be a hit with the rest. I love frozen drinks, except that they tend to be too high in sugar - a natural juice-based frozen drink bar seems like an awesome idea!

Edited by countingbackwards

Andy

That was why I upgraded to the Premium as most of the craft brews were over the Classic package max limit.

Many if not most of the craft beers in Michaels were not included in the Classic either - no real change here.

Correct.

Hi all,

Regarding Slush, the non-Alcoholic drinks are included in the Classic package. The alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks are included in Premium package.

As for the Gastropub, the food options will have a charge and will be a la carte.

Hope this helps!

Will the food options in the Gastropub be covered for those who purchase the $29 per day Unlimited Dining Package?

You are most certainly correct as Celebrity always uses one ship as a "test" ship before implementing a program fleetwide.

A good idea on their part. If one of the new concepts bombs, doesn't make sense to have the bomb on all ships. If things are a raving success, then they'll roll them out faster.

Has no one ever heard of Gastropubs? This is not all that new.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gastropub

No, I have never heard of Gastropubs before. However, I have heard

Of gastric bypasses, gastric juices, Gas-X for indigestion, gasoline, gaseous, and words that begin with "gas" just don't sound sexy.

Celebrity should remove the letter G and call it Astropub. It sounds cosmic and hip , trendy!

Edited by 4cats4me

Perhaps they could simply call it "The Pub". Or, "The Pub at Cellar Masters". "I'll meet you at Gastrobar" doesn't cut it for me. Sometimes simple is best. They have time to reconsider before they install the signage.

Edited by Orator

Perhaps they could simply call it "The Pub". Or, "The Pub at Cellar Masters". "I'll meet you at Gastrobar" doesn't cut it for me. Sometimes simple is best. They have time to reconsider before they install the signage.

How about 'Stro Pub?