On the Grand right now- everything is wonderful

secretcastle

I am not getting much chance to be online ( way too busy) but wanted to check in and say that we are on the Grand to Hawaii right now and everything is wonderful. There always seems to be comments going around about wear and tear, etc., but we are not noticing that at all, and are having great food and service everywhere!

Aloha

That’s good to hear. We’ll be on the Grand on June 1st. I was reading some of the reviews the other day and I got the impression that most of those who were doing the reviews where excepting a lot more from the cruise than they received, negative this and negative that. We’ve been on a lot of Princess Ships and have found them to be very good. You can’t be prefect 100% of the time

Make sure you stop in for some pizza every day. I just love the dedicated sit down pizzeria and wish it was on all ships. That and the warm cookies in the IC sure made me head down to the atrium too many times :)

I am not getting much chance to be online ( way too busy) but wanted to check in and say that we are on the Grand to Hawaii right now and everything is wonderful. There always seems to be comments going around about wear and tear, etc., but we are not noticing that at all, and are having great food and service everywhere!

Aloha

We were on the last voyage and agree that the ship is in great shape. Have a great cruise!

Aloha

We got off the Grand April 13th and felt the same exact way! We didn't go looking for things wrong. We just enjoyed the AMAZING cruise and would go again in a heart beat! Yes the food was fabulous and the choices are endless:D

Also off Grand on March 5. Great ship, great weather, great food and had great fun. Thanks for posting. Love to hear what you have to say about the Hawaiian Program and who is doing it. Have fun and thanks.....

Make sure you stop in for some pizza every day. I just love the dedicated sit down pizzeria and wish it was on all ships. That and the warm cookies in the IC sure made me head down to the atrium too many times :)

I agree that Alfredo's is a must do. I will miss it on the Star this June.

Enjoy your cruise!

Sue

What MDR was open for lunch on the Princess Grand for embarkation/ sailaway day?

Usually there is one MDR open that day from 12 noon - 1:30pm for all the Princess ships, but whenever I ask, the Princess crew directing traffic wont admit/tell you which MDR is open -- and say only the buffet is open.

. . .so hopefully someone can remember .. ..

(I am on the Grand in 2 weeks -- yippee!!)

What MDR was open for lunch on the Princess Grand for embarkation/ sailaway day?

Usually there is one MDR open that day from 12 noon - 1:30pm for all the Princess ships' date=' but whenever I ask, the Princess crew directing traffic wont admit/tell you which MDR is open -- and say only the buffet is open.

. . .so hopefully someone can remember .. ..

(I am on the Grand in 2 weeks -- yippee!!)[/quote']

I Believe that it is the Da Vinci Dining Room. By the way, never ask. Look in the Patter to verify which dining room is open. Have a great cruise. :cool:

Aloha

Hi Julia,

Hope you have a wonderful time! We will be on her in November, so it's wonderful to get your views.

Happy cruising!

Regards,

Eileen

I have not seen any leaks or water dripping, and the only thing that I noticed that took a bit of a shuffle is that the closet is very small. I knew this in advance thanks to the folks here, so I picked up some "ebags" and use them on the shelves to keep everything organized.

The staff is wonderful food is great, entertainment is top notch, my biggest problems are deciding what to order from the menu, and what activity to pick.

Aloha! ( we are just pulling into Honolulu Harbour right now )

What cabin type are you in that has a very small closet? Glad to know that. I've never had a very small closet, but always had a balcony cabin and will have an obstructed view, no balcony on this cruise. Never been on the Grand. Are all the closets on the Grand smaller than other ships?

Secretcastle .... Thanks for reporting LIVE. Sounds like you're having a wonderful time. :)

Also wondering what type of cabin you booked to have such a small closet :confused:

Our mini-suite on Grand had lots of closet space.

LuLu

Edited by OCruisers

I have not seen any leaks or water dripping, and the only thing that I noticed that took a bit of a shuffle is that the closet is very small. I knew this in advance thanks to the folks here, so I picked up some "ebags" and use them on the shelves to keep everything organized.

The staff is wonderful food is great, entertainment is top notch, my biggest problems are deciding what to order from the menu, and what activity to pick.

Aloha! ( we are just pulling into Honolulu Harbour right now )

Enjoy your day in Honolulu...,,:):):)

Bob

What cabin type are you in that has a very small closet? Glad to know that. I've never had a very small closet' date=' but always had a balcony cabin and will have an obstructed view, no balcony on this cruise. Never been on the Grand. Are all the closets on the Grand smaller than other ships?[/quote']

The closets are much smaller on the Baja deck balcony cabins, and I assume that would apply to all balcony cabins. I don't know about mini suites.

The closets are much smaller on the Baja deck balcony cabins, and I assume that would apply to all balcony cabins. I don't know about mini suites.

Caribe deck too. And they are really small if you're coming from the large ones like they have on Star. Yikes.

The Grand was the first Grand Class ship built. After it came out, they enlarged the closets on the new ships. The closet in all balcony cabins half the size of other Princess ships. The shelves and safe area much smaller too. The whole configuration in that dressing area and bathroom location different. Bathroom is where the shelf and safe is on other ships.