What is the 50% off special?

hollon

Yes, I checked out my already booked reservation. When I looked at the summary, they had increased the rate by $100 pp. They had applied the discount, 50%. The rate showing initially on the website has been adjusted already to reflect the new rate. So, I paid $1299, the new rate is $1399, the adjusted rate with 50% discount is $1049. So, I could save $150pp if they will honor the savings. I will e-mail TA and see if she can get that rate.

This is what is happening to me on my Jewel cruise. If anyone's successful in getting an existing reservation adjusted, could you please post here?

This is what is happening to me on my Jewel cruise. If anyone's successful in getting an existing reservation adjusted, could you please post here?

Lots of us have already posted that we called and received adjustments. I called at 1 am and received adjustments on 4 cabins. Kept my original booking numbers and OBC from the Next Cruise and had my C&A balcony discount applied.

If you read the thread there are lots of folks that have posted that they are adjusting existing bookings

I just did a new booking for a B2B on Brilliance for Jan 12 & 17... Did it on line no problem... with a good savings over what the prices showed yesterday and what it showed a few weeks ago (I've been watching this). Had no trouble booking on line... Balcony D+ Discount applied... and the deposit was fair. Got the same accessible balcony cabin for both sailings!! I'm doing the happy dance!! :D

I was able to transfer our reservations from Oasis 7-night to Liberty 9-night for Summer 2015. I got the promotion on the transfer, so we are all set... If I would have booked the same rooms yesterday, the cost was ~$13,500, but today... just over $10K for our family of 5 - big difference! Not a 'savings' that causes me to say - "WOW, what a great sale!" but the promotion was enough of a discount to make the Liberty 9-night in 2 balcony staterooms for us to be what I consider reasonable. YAY us! So glad we don't have to fly to get to the ship for next year's summer vacation!

Caution! This is not really a sale. I did several mock bookings and saw where they increased the prices for passengers 1 and 2 then took off 50% for passenger 2. So the end result is that the bottom line is like there was no real reduction at all.

I agree with the above post. I have been watching a particular cruise and it is the same price as it has been. They up charged from $899pp to $1300pp so it works out the same. Thought I was gonna get a deal I couldn't refuse...

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Forums mobile app

I was on hold for 45 minutes, but worth it. I couldn't get a cheaper rate on my 3/15 IOS cruise, that one was higher than what I booked. But, on my 3/16 FOS, I did great! I have a JS and connecting balcony. There was a price drop overnight and I got them to apply the 50% off special for a total savings of $1100! I am very excited. The rep did initially tell me that it was for new bookings only, but I nicely persisted and told her that people on CC were able to get the savings applied to current bookings and she did it for me. So if they initially say no, it pays to persist.

I think the savings completely depends on what sailing you are looking at. It saves some for some cruises and nothing on others. It is your typical sale. Stores put stuff on sale they would like to sell because they are sitting around. If a store says 25% off inside it doesn't mean everything is 25% off. Just what the store needs to sell. (Yes sometimes it is the entire store like Kohls but I am a conspiracy theorist and think Kohls has special products that can't be compared outside of Kohls that have high MSRP so they can constantly run 45 or 50% off and you still pay what the thing is worth).

I am happy we'll be saving 400 and I think our cruise isn't that full because a lot of the prized Aft balconies are still available. 1388, 1688, 7388 are all still available (which I can't book because I only have 2 people). I think ours has a savings because RCCL is trying to get people to book the 2015 cruises that do not have a lot of demand. For the cruises that are filling ok they probably did jack up the price so people don't save any on those cruises. It is just business.

Caution! This is not really a sale. I did several mock bookings and saw where they increased the prices for passengers 1 and 2 then took off 50% for passenger 2. So the end result is that the bottom line is like there was no real reduction at all.

For us the original price stayed the same...$684 pp before taxes..on the original booking there was a C&A discount of $84pp...instead of a balcony discount...for the sale adjustment the $684 price remained...credit of $342 Plus my D+ discount of $150...so in our case there was a great savings...as with all things Royal YMMV...

For a "far-out" booking [August 2015 Grandeur 6-Day Bermuda], the base Cruisefare stayed the same as before the sale from which they deducted 50% for PAX 2; when I subsequently logged-in and went thru the booking sequence they additionally deducted for a Past Guest discount. Be aware that the fares they initially display are the averaged fare. ken

It really depends on the booking :) I saved $431 off my second fare and the base pricing was the same as it was yesterday! But I called in at 12:01am just to be extra sure that didn't change:D Poor CS guy was confused because where he was located it wasn't May 1st yet but it was in Miami and he was very helpful once he figured that out! :p

Sorry this is confusing. I will round up some numbers by $1 to give an example.

None of this includes taxes which are the same either way.

Two days ago the price was $700pp for a total of $1400.

Today with the sale you look at the price on the website it is $525pp or $1050

When you do a mock booking ,

Person 1 is $700

Person 2 is $700

Discount on person 2 is ($350) select summary of charges to see this.

Total sale price is $1050

They should have left the original prices alone and then showed the discount when you book but they didn't.

I'm sorry that you are under the belief that I'm confused. Let me break down the numbers for you. Prior to this sale this cruise was priced at a little over $400 now it's priced at $699. I'm sorry this is not a sale.

Person 1 $400

Person 2 $400

Total $800 with out taxes and fees

Seems less than the price you've so graciously broken down for me.

Thank you,

I have been looking at the Allure from Rome next August.,

Last week it was $5110 for 3 , but the EPIC was $4300 so I book that, but today the Allure is $4100, so I will cancel the EPIC,.

I was attempting to book online the price range was 524-554 p/p however when I looked at the summary the price for the cruise without taxes and fees was $699. This is bad business. I will not book with this obvious price hike. I was conceding to the fact that the price was already raised, but to allow me to pick my category range and then adjust the price, that ridiculous.

Thanks, but in that case it's really not a sale if the average price per person is more than it was a few days ago. Not for a 4 day cruise.[/

Sorry for trying to help. Perhaps if you had mentioned somewhere in your previous 2 posts that a few days ago the price was $400 I would have understood better. I was only trying to clarify what you posted.

Edited by Ourusualbeach

Sorry for trying to help. Perhaps if you had mentioned somewhere in your previous 2 posts that a few days ago the price was $400 I would have understood better. I was only trying to clarify what you posted.

I appreciate your explanation even if he doesn't ;)

It may not work for everyone but we booked a cruise in March and this saved us an additional $344.

We were also able to take advantage of a C&A discount savings two weeks ago that saved us another $168 by switching from an E2 to an E1. The rooms are about 3 doors apart. It makes a total of about $500 total savings since we booked it two months ago.

I just made a call and I'm glad I had my original confirmation in front of me! The agent said sure I can give you the deal, then told me the price. He said I have saved you quite a bit of money. I said wait- this price is more than what we booked at a few weeks ago! Seems that our price had gone up $400 pp ! So it was not a deal for me. He said the sale is based on the current price of your cruise. And he didn't check mine first so now he has to go back in and change it back to my original price and I have to make sure that this is done!

So before you call be sure to have all of your information at hand.