Jacket $4.95

Pants $3.95

Long Sleeved Shirt $3.95

Short Sleeved Shirt $2.95

Sweater $3.95

Shorts $2.95

Dress $5.95

Skirt $3.95

Due to health and safety no irons are allowed onboard. There is no laundry room either,, so the only way is to send it out!

We just don't bother. I hang everything as soon as I get onboard and look slightly wrinkled!

Everyone is in the same boat, especially the long haul travellers!

Creases tend to largely fall out of clothes when they're hung (though on a longer cruise with a tightly packed closet, this is less likely). To help this, I will hang up clothing in the bathroom while having a shower and let the steam encourage the creases out. This works reasonably well.

The lack of self-service laundry is one of the worst things about Celebrity IMO. When we sailed on Queen Mary 2 there were awesome washers and dryers, and a mediocre (but passable) iron and ironing board. All available for free!

Here's a question on Celebrity's laundry service: if you pay for the laundry service, does that also include pressing? Or would you need to pay for laundry and pressing?

The do-it-yourself version is easier and cheaper. Put a couple of spoonfuls of liquid fabric softener into an empty spray bottle. Once on the ship, fill the bottle with water to dilute the fabric softener. Try at home first to make sure none of your fabrics will be harmed by fabric softener

Creases tend to largely fall out of clothes when they're hung (though on a longer cruise with a tightly packed closet, this is less likely). To help this, I will hang up clothing in the bathroom while having a shower and let the steam encourage the creases out. This works reasonably well.

The lack of self-service laundry is one of the worst things about Celebrity IMO. When we sailed on Queen Mary 2 there were awesome washers and dryers, and a mediocre (but passable) iron and ironing board. All available for free!

Here's a question on Celebrity's laundry service: if you pay for the laundry service, does that also include pressing? Or would you need to pay for laundry and pressing?

There is a Wash & Fold laundry bag service ( depending on Capt Club level may be reduced rate or free) this works well for items not normally pressed- undies, jeans, t shirts, workout clothes. Regular laundry service includes pressing- so if you sent a long sleeve shirt or pair of pants to be laundered they would come back clean & pressed. If in doubt ask your room steward.

Pressing is extra, but clothes do come back neatly folded

This is incorrect. All of the standard, per item, laundry and dry cleaning services include pressing. You do not have to pay extra for pressing.

There are some bulk laundry services occasionally offered as "specials" to all passengers such as a bag of laundry special which do not include pressing. But these are not always offered or are sometimes offered only towards the end of a cruise. There are also some bulk laundry offers in the coupons for some Captain's Club levels which also do not include pressing. But the normal, pay per item, laundry service does include pressing for appropriate items such and items pressed will be returned on hangers.

Edited by Lsimon

Roll tour clothes and make sure your case is tightly packed - none or very few creases. We hang our evening clothes in the bathroom whilst we have a shower and everything is okay.

We have let some clothes drip dry in the shower - just remember to take a plastic hanger - and they too have been more than acceptable to wear. I always think holidays are just that - no ironing!

I find that Downey Wrinkle Release works really well on natural fabrics like cotton. I always bring some in a small spray all purpose bottle so it doesn't take up too much room (or weight!) in my suitcase. Plus, some things get steamed in the bathroom while we shower. All this makes us not exactly wrinkle free but pretty close, and I always remind myself that everyone else onboard is in the same boat (pun intended there.) But, I must say I miss the self service laundramats on every deck on Princess that include irons.

Some people have recommended Downy Wrinkle Release. I am going to try it on our next cruise.

After reading many recommendations about Wrinkle release by Downy, I bought a travel size bottle.

I have yet to use it. :rolleyes:

I iron all my clothes before I pack. If they get a little wrinkled, so what!

I don't care what the fashion police think if they see a wrinkle or two. :cool:;)

I don't know if you use a straightener/flat iron for your hair, but I've used mine before to get wrinkles out of my clothes! Just make sure that there are no hair products on your straightener before doing this.

I use plastic drycleaner bags. They act as a buffer and definitely

prevent wrinkles. I have been using this method for years and years

and have to thank the gals over the Fashion Forum for the suggestion.

I use them between layers of clothing and also, my "better items"...well,

I get them cleaned before cruising and pack them in their own drycleaner

bag.

This is the best method for me and I would recommend it everytime.

I use plastic drycleaner bags. They act as a buffer and definitely

prevent wrinkles. I have been using this method for years and years

and have to thank the gals over the Fashion Forum for the suggestion.

I use them between layers of clothing and also, my "better items"...well,

I get them cleaned before cruising and pack them in their own drycleaner

bag.

This is the best method for me and I would recommend it everytime.

I second Lois's vote for plastic dry cleaner bags. When we pack our garment bag, every item is hanging in its own dry-cleaner bag. When our luggage is delivered to our room, that's the first back to get unpacked. If there is any wrinkling it's minor -- and usually comes out quickly, hanging near a steamy shower. Haven't tried the Downy wrinkle release, but folks say that it works well. Also, if you have non-hangable items (like silk scarves), try folding them with tissue paper, when you pack them. That's a trick I learned from watching Martha Stewart! :cool:

Some people have recommended Downy Wrinkle Release. I am going to try it on our next cruise.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We also take a bottle of the Wrinkle Release -- spray those heavily wrinkled items -- smooth out the wrinkles with our hands as much as possible and then hang in the bathroom while showering. We are all pretty much in the same boat (pun intended) so a few wrinkles shouldn't be unexpected.

The cruise is in the middle of our holiday so I might need to sort some creases out.

What do they charge for ironing?

you are not ALLOWED to bring an iron at all. pressing is half the price of dry cleaning, which most people find reasonable.

I don't know if you use a straightener/flat iron for your hair, but I've used mine before to get wrinkles out of my clothes! Just make sure that there are no hair products on your straightener before doing this.

This.

If you own or purchase a hair straightener/flat iron with adjustable temperature controls you can use it on almost anything. There are many tutorials and other instructions all over the internet.

What a great idea! That has never occurred to me.

I also pack using dry cleaner plastic bags. Generally works like a charm.

This is one area where Celebrity is a problem for me. Princess has self serve laundry rooms with washer/dryer and iron and ironing board. I'm elite on both, but I really think that Princess has the edge here for customer service.

I have sent things to Celebrity laundry and they did come back nicely done. The wash and fold bag was not good.

Due to health and safety no irons are allowed onboard. There is no laundry room either,, so the only way is to send it out!

We just don't bother. I hang everything as soon as I get onboard and look slightly wrinkled!

Everyone is in the same boat, especially the long haul travellers!

That's my method, too, lol.

Also have learned to pack my dressier items which don't wrinkle.

I used the hair blowdryer on our clothes laid flat on the bed and smoothed out the wrinkles with my hands. Worked really well on knits. I brought my own dryer with diffuser and an extension cord, since the cabin's dryer was in a drawer and had a very short cord.