Mexican Riviera - Celebrity's untapped market?

Leviathan2772

We would love more Pacific Coastal/Mexican cruises. We've been/done Mexico, but it would be great to cruise without a 5 hour flight on each end.

And please, a Pacific Coast or Hawaiian cruise that doesn't include Canada. They have very strict laws regarding tourist with criminal backgrounds and they include DUI as a criminal background. Yes, I agree it's a crime, even a serious one but it would be nice if Celebrity recognized that not everyone can go to Canada.

Are you saying that someone who had a single DUI with no jail time cannot go to Canada? For how long after the DUI?

Are you saying that someone who had a single DUI with no jail time cannot go to Canada? For how long after the DUI?

DUIs are a felony in Canada. There doesn't seem to be a limit to how far in the past the look.

See this article: http://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/nevius/article/Going-to-Canada-Check-your-past-Tourists-with-2646914.php

We had planned to do the Hawaiian RT this year, of course that's when it stopped. We live in Colorado, flying nonstop to California is lots cheaper than flying to Florida ($80 opposed to $300). We may still try for one of the last coastals on Century. I'd love to see one of the Millenium class take over the Hawaiian RT route, maybe a Hawaiian RT then up the coast to Vancouver...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We may still try for one of the last coastals on Century. I'd love to see one of the Millenium class take over the Hawaiian RT route, maybe a Hawaiian RT then up the coast to Vancouver...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You'd better pack - the last one sails in two days :( We had a great time on one end of March this year.

Isn't Century going to a French line, not a German?

Yes, it's going to the French subsidiary of Pulmantur, CDF. (of course Pulmantur is a Spanish subsidiary of Royal Caribbean)

They already have the Horizon and Zenith - I didn't realize that they weren't still with Pulmantur.

The Mien Schiff 3 is a new build (1 & 2 are the Galaxy and Mercury)

Edited by CRUZBUDS

We'd be the first to reserve a Mexican Riviera Celebrity cruise over New Years if they'd add it to the schedule. We'll be wintering in Arizona and would love to drive to San Diego instead of flying to Florida and repeat the Caribbean trip.

Edited by condobeth

How do you know what other west coasters think? I think Mexico is unsafe and over cruised by us Southern Californians. I wouldn't book a cruise there and i live an hour from the San Pedro pier. I'm looking for some new and different places to cruise to.

Reading thru this post. It seems that a majority of west coast residents would like a Mexican Riviera cruise. If there was a upscale cruiseline out of San Diego or Los Angeles with a varied cruise itinerary to Mexico, it seems there would would interest. As someone said earlier in the post, " there are 66 million people out west". I have cruise twice with Carnival on Elation on MR cruises. We enjoyed both of the cruises. Great food, plenty of activities, but just missed on suite service and accommodations. And yes, I'll go again because it love Mexico's culture, food, and fishing.

As for safety. I find the Caribbean far more threatening for being a victim of crime. Yes, my wife and I were mugged in Ocho Rios. Yes, I still cruise the Caribbean and have even visited OR again. With regards to Mexico, I have worked there and currently have a sportfishing boat & home there in San Carlos, Sonora. I've never had any problems there, or any where else in Mexico. And yes, I have traveled throughout the country by car as well. It's kinda funny how people dismiss Mexico so quickly by what they see on the news and not by firsthand experience.

Reading thru this post. It seems that a majority of west coast residents would like a Mexican Riviera cruise. If there was a upscale cruiseline out of San Diego or Los Angeles with a varied cruise itinerary to Mexico, it seems there would would interest. As someone said earlier in the post, " there are 66 million people out west". I have cruise twice with Carnival on Elation on MR cruises. We enjoyed both of the cruises. Great food, plenty of activities, but just missed on suite service and accommodations. And yes, I'll go again because it love Mexico's culture, food, and fishing.

As for safety. I find the Caribbean far more threatening for being a victim of crime. Yes, my wife and I were mugged in Ocho Rios. Yes, I still cruise the Caribbean and have even visited OR again. With regards to Mexico, I have worked there and currently have a sportfishing boat & home there in San Carlos, Sonora. I've never had any problems there, or any where else in Mexico. And yes, I have traveled throughout the country by car as well. It's kinda funny how people dismiss Mexico so quickly by what they see on the news and not by firsthand experience.

+1 Absolutely. :cool:

I want to go on a Mexico cruise this fall. I am reading reviews about Princess and HAL ships. Not so good. X is my favorite and my Elite + benefits are so great. Anything on the West Coast would suit me fine. I agree that the Caribbean can be just as dangerous as Mexico. Seems many things don`t make the news.

We would love more Pacific Coastal/Mexican cruises. We've been/done Mexico, but it would be great to cruise without a 5 hour flight on each end.

And please, a Pacific Coast or Hawaiian cruise that doesn't include Canada. They have very strict laws regarding tourist with criminal backgrounds and they include DUI as a criminal background. Yes, I agree it's a crime, even a serious one but it would be nice if Celebrity recognized that not everyone can go to Canada.

The US would not like Rob Ford into the country , I do not think he has been convicted :p:D

The US would not like Rob Ford into the country , I do not think he has been convicted :p:D

I"m sorry, I didn't mean to criticize Canada, they have the right to limit who they want. I would just like some west coast options that don't include Canada

rats..typed a post but hit the wrong button on my Tablet..hate when that happens.. if it does turn up I apologize in adv. for a dup!

anyhow..we would not consider a Mex Riv itin at this time. we were lucky to go there on Radiance of the Seas just before Royal C discontinued them..I think Cruz Buds were on that one

we enjoyed our 2 day pre-cruise visit in San Diego almost more than the cruise itself...Radiance was aging and had some leaky water problems on bd--luckily not our cabin...but down the hall.

we loved Cabo San Lucas, Ixtapa/Zihuatanejo, Puerta Vallarta especially. (Our itin did not include Manzanillo as some other cruises did back then.)

Mazatlan was clearly in decline as we could see from our cruise line excursion..not a port we would get off at in the future.

Acapulco had a tourist shooting just before our cruise (tourist caught in crossfire). Our Cap sent out a personal letter to all guests with a safety advisory and many stayed on board. We ventured out on our excurison to a lovely resort. Armed guards were a part of the day but no incidents in port that time around. We actualy had a lovely , non-stressful day at a gated and guarded resort. Would love to return some day but not in the near furure!

For us the time is not right to go to that side of Mexico--uncertainty, violence and lack of gov control. We still will stop at Cozumel and Costa Maya on other side for now.

I agree that Carib and other Islands have issues as well but it seems more out of control in Mexico. A friend got mugged at a resort in Bermuda but it was handled really well and they got the culprit and her jewelry back to her...

We are considering skipping Montego Bay in Jamaica on our upcoming Reflection cruise unless there seems to be a secure ship's excursion offered . Reports on MoBay not so great. I have been going to Jamaica for thirty five yrs + on ships but you have to roll with the times!!

we would look forward to new ports on carib itins and maybe some with overnight stays!...

I would love to do another Hawaii trip. Tried to book back to back on the Solstice this year, but was told due to laws could not go to Alaska, Vancouver and then over to Hawaii. Have an "Celebriters" done Princess or Carnival to Hawaii. I just may have to do that. My husband and I want to go for our 40th. Anniversary.