Am I the only one who does not care chocolate melting cake?

guxu

I sure want to try the creme brulee' , bitter n blanc, and the fig date dessert they are all great sounding.

I had it once..I enjoyed it..but it was simply so rich after everything else and yes..darn..a little older and can't have it all at once..LOL.

I love the cold soups so much I have had them again for dessert ....

I agree. It is not bad. It is just another dessert.

What I crave on Carnival....is..drum roll. please.......the melt in your mouth Chocolate Chip cookies they have on the Lido Deck at lunch.

The Cappuccino Pie, coffee ice cream. .yum.

I like their crème Brule a lot, and

the Apple Flan caramel dessert they have in the steak house..is the best use of apples I have ever seen or tasted in my life.

One of the BESt desserts I have ever had on Carnival was a Vanilla Bread Pudding, with white sauce. It was served at lunch. I had that once, and never again. Now that was a delicious dish. Sometimes I find desserts at lunch in the MDR on sea days.better than the MDR.

I am not complaining about any of them. I manage to knock back a few daily when we cruise. But..............More cookies, please. AND at the chocolate buffet.....that chocolate cake with the poured on chocolate gouache ( sp?) icing and then sugared nuts added.............that is so good....My husband gobbles his and then tries to get mine. And he is not a sugar nut like me.

I love chocolate, especially warm brownies slightly under cooked with vanilla ice cream, so it stands to reason that I would love WCMC, but I don't. I should, but I don't. I order it every time we cruise and I'm disappointed. I don't know why I keep thinking it will be different this time. It's just dark chocolate soup. I could make brownies at home, cook them for 5-10 minutes less than called for and I'd have better WCMC at home.

Before my first Carnival cruise, I did my research and found chocolate melting cake was a must have. On the board I had it and did not care for it. I ordered it again on a different cruise thought I might miss something the first time. Well, it did not change much. To me, chocolate melting cake is just another average dessert. I am not saying I hate it. But I can go cruise without it.:o

I'll join you about the WCMC and raise you a Guy's burger and a slice of pizza. Wouldn't miss any of those three if they suddenly disappeared. The vanilla cake bitter and blanc and the non fat vanilla yogurt however is another story altogether. Different folks, different tastes is all.

Edited by evandbob

I dislike it enough that I limit myself to 2 with ice cream of course, and for the record I'm not the biggest chocolate or dessert in general fan. I really can't believe this thread. I was just reading another about funerals at sea, and decided I needed something light-hearted.

Much to my dismay, I stumbled upon of Melting Cake deniers.

What I crave on Carnival....is..drum roll. please.......the melt in your mouth Chocolate Chip cookies they have on the Lido Deck at lunch.

YES!!! They are sooooo good!!! Must be made with pounds & pounds of butter, once they hit your mouth they just melt.

WCMC is cool but Bitter and Blanc is one of the most delicious things I've ever put in my mouth. I love it. I would easily eat it every night if it was available. Probably two per night lol

As it stands, I politely request that the maitre'd have it made for me at least one other night during the week.

I love chocolate but I don't like it either. I would order one next time well done because my problem is that it's always soupy. Now, the fun shops chocolate cake...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tried it a few times and went from not liking it to thinking it was "fine."

On our last cruise I had the melting cake at Chef's Table which was to die for...won't even touch the regular melting cake again.

I've tried it a couple times, and thought it was okay. Haven't had it since, just not my thing. My mom & one of my good friends absolutely love it. Different tastes, but you're not alone. Those of us who don't care for it just tend to leave the threads alone that praise it. If they want to talk about how much they love it, there's no reason for me to crash their party just to say I didn't think it was that great. (Although that does get done with many other things around here.)