Am I the only one who does not care chocolate melting cake?

guxu

This has the same cult following as RC's honey stung chicken. Both are average to me. I think for most people by the time they've tried it they've had so many other things to eat that it's hard to impress or stand out from all the other offerings.

Seriously, people?!...CMC is delicious!!! I order it every night I eat in the diningroom and my husband shares a bite or two of whatever dessert he orders, which is usually the creme brulee, another great dessert! I love the CMC, if I wasn't so full after appetizers and the entree I'd order two!!

More CMC please!!! :p

Tried it once. Not for me. I would've liked it better had it been more cake and less pudding.

I agree with you on more cake/less pudding but I do like to get it at least one time when I cruise - I don't get it every night.

I didn't care for it either. It was too "chocolate-ly" (best "word" I can use to describe it). I like chocolate but I'm more of a milk chocolate type. The WMC tasted like the darkest dark chocolate. My son, however, loved it!

I thought that I would love it, thought my girls would, too. But they thought it was way too runny and said it was disgusting! I tried it one other night to give it a second chance, and was just as disappointed! I love a warm lava cake and thought it would be like that but it was nowhere near cooked enough!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Huh. I've never had it be runny. Soft, but not what I'd call runny. Interesting. I have had it overcooked - kind of yucky.

I like to order it with orange sherbet instead of vanilla ice cream. I can never finish it because I'm too full and it's too rich. Usually a few bites to maybe about 1/2.

I certainly don't get it to the exclusion of all else, only if there's nothing else that appeals to me.

Before my first Carnival cruise, I did my research and found chocolate melting cake was a must have. On the board I had it and did not care for it. I ordered it again on a different cruise thought I might miss something the first time. Well, it did not change much. To me, chocolate melting cake is just another average dessert. I am not saying I hate it. But I can go cruise without it.:o

I cant stand anything that is chocolate chocolate. I love white chocolate or milk chocolate mixed with something like chocolate chip cookies or peanut butter cups.

I like it if it isn't too runny, but probably have it once the entire cruise. I like Bitter and Blanc way more. DH loves chocolate melting cake and has it every night so it has its loyal following.

I used to order it almost exclusively every night. On our last cruise I ordered it the first night and after about 3 bites, blehhh. Too rich! Man it sucks to get older! :(

Edited by YB Nrml

Don't really like it either...had a bite on one cruise just to taste it.

Then again, I really don't eat desserts.

I did like bitter and blanc and had two bites of that!

Pam

Before my first Carnival cruise, I did my research and found chocolate melting cake was a must have. On the board I had it and did not care for it. I ordered it again on a different cruise thought I might miss something the first time. Well, it did not change much. To me, chocolate melting cake is just another average dessert. I am not saying I hate it. But I can go cruise without it.:o

I don't like it either.