Review of the Caribbean Princess 5-15-5-26

nursemom2

Will be on the CB in July. I take it that not much cosmetically was done during dry dock? We were on the Royal several months ago...tough shoes to fill IMO. Loved that ship!!

Thanks for sharing your review. We will be on the Caribbean Princess in 5 months and I love to see pictures and hear about her!

Question regarding the aft pool. How hard was it to get a lounger during the day? We are ardent non-chair-hogs and refuse to play the game of save-a-lounger, but of course we still want to be able to enjoy the aft pool in a lounger. Were staff removing towels and items left by chair-hogs?

It was never hard to get an aft lounger...there always seemed to be a few available. I really didn't notice staff removing anything from chairs.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Great review! We're sailing her at the end of June for a 7 day cruise & looking forward to it. Two questions; was the dress code respected by the male pax on the formal nights? DW and I also do anytime dining, was the wait for a table for two really that long?:D

We did not have official formal nights, they were called "dress up nights" and apparently anything goes. These were 3 and 4 night cruises and a lot of people wore shorts and pedal pushers to dinner. Much more casual than I have been used to. In fact some of the ladies shorts were so short .....that, well... lets just say I saw a few Butts hanging out as they passed my table! :eek:

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

• 2 weeks later...

Karan, on a back to back, what is the procedure? We have the same cabin booked as we actually booked a 14 day cruise, but do we actually have to disembark? If so, what is the suggested time we can get back on? We have never done a back to back before. Thanks!

Karan, on a back to back, what is the procedure? We have the same cabin booked as we actually booked a 14 day cruise, but do we actually have to disembark? If so, what is the suggested time we can get back on? We have never done a back to back before. Thanks!

Since you are in the same cabin, there will be nothing to move. You might tell your cabin steward that he/she does not have to rush doing your cabin that day so he/she can concentrate on the cabins for new passengers.

You will receive a letter about mid-cruise about the procedures and you should receive a new cruise card for the 2nd segment the last evening of the first segment.

At a USA port on turnaround day, immigration requires that 100% of the passengers be off the ship so the count can be "zeroed out." If you have not left the ship to do touring, then you will be asked to meet onboard at a place and time (probably about 10 AM) to be led off the ship (signing out with the first segment cruise card) and then back onto the ship (using the new cruise card) once the count has been zeroed.

If you wish, you can leave the ship in the morning anytime after disembarkation has started, but you cannot reboard until after the count has been zeroed. You do not have to check-in again in the terminal and will be given a card indicating you are an in-transit passenger. You can also take a Princess excursion that will return you to the ship after the excursion. These excursions can usually only be booked while on board.

Any charges to your on board account can be carried over to the second segment. Be sure to let the Purser's desk know that you want this to happen.

The letter you receive should indicate you do not have to attend the muster drill for the second segment.

Edited by caribill

Thanks for the great information Caribill, we are on a Back to back on the Royal in Feb and as it is our 1st BtoB. We were wondering what the procedure was, so good to have some prior knowledge,

Marie

Thanks for posting your review. I'm thinking about a cruise on the Caribbean Princess in August. We've sailed on the Emerald, Crown, and Ruby. I'll miss our predinner drinks at Adagios. I'm assuming the evening cocktail time for Platinum, Elite, and suite passengers is in Skywalkers. Is that right?

Thanks for keeping folks up to date on Caribbean Princess. We noticed some updating done on a couple areas of the ship, most noticeable was in the aft elevator/stairway carpeting.

The HC carpeting must be next on the list during a dry or wet docking time. It is showing some wear should be replaced.

All in all the ship is in good shape for her age of 10 years. Lots of miles on her in all sorts of weather and still is a great ship.

Thanks for posting your review. I'm thinking about a cruise on the Caribbean Princess in August. We've sailed on the Emerald, Crown, and Ruby. I'll miss our predinner drinks at Adagios. I'm assuming the evening cocktail time for Platinum, Elite, and suite passengers is in Skywalkers. Is that right?

Correct - it was in Skywalkers.

Thanks for sharing your review. We will be on the Caribbean Princess in 5 months and I love to see pictures and hear about her!

Question regarding the aft pool. How hard was it to get a lounger during the day? We are ardent non-chair-hogs and refuse to play the game of save-a-lounger, but of course we still want to be able to enjoy the aft pool in a lounger. Were staff removing towels and items left by chair-hogs?

Hi Doreen!

We're on the September 20th sailing also! I started our roll call, so please join us there!

Right now I'm looking for suggestions of where to stay and whether to do snooze and park with the hotel or do an offsite parking place.

This will be my first Princess Cruise!

Cheryl

Hi Doreen!

We're on the September 20th sailing also! I started our roll call, so please join us there!

Right now I'm looking for suggestions of where to stay and whether to do snooze and park with the hotel or do an offsite parking place.

This will be my first Princess Cruise!

Cheryl

You can try Dania Beach which has Hilton Garden Inn. We like it best and just booked for our CB cruise getting off when you get on. They have a fenced areas for parking and if they are busy across the highway there is a Comfort Inn and both are close to a mall with restaurants and a place to pick up wine