Carnival Gift Card - 10% Bonus Offer

What if you have to cancel your cruise...before the penalty...and have paid for most of it with GC's ? I assume we get the balance back in a GC?....

I'm always thinking of the "what ifs"....and I have just purchased $1500 in GC's.....

Edited by camper49

I'm having so much trouble!! I ordered a card yesterday, never got an email. I have the 'congrats' page with the order number. Went to pay for my November cruise and it didn't work.

Called Carnival ecard number. They have no idea what happened but 'escalated it to corporate' to find out why I didn't get the email, said the page with the order number should have the 'card number' and 'pin' which are all xxxxxx.

Called my Carnival Master Card, charge not posted to the acct. Called Carnival back and they said 'maybe they don't take the Carnival MC.' I said I know it's been used by others, maybe since it's Sat. and Sun. it didn't get posted yet....

What a mess for 10%!!!!!

Now I'm supposed to wait for corporate to call tomorrow......

Bummer!

Must be a glitch in the system. I ordered a $500 e-card yesterday and received the digital gift card within an hour or so. The promotional card came in around 1am. I also used my Carnival MasterCard.

Edited by Laurie S.

Is there a reason that everyone is using their promo cards for obc instead of using it to pay off your cruise?

To get a bigger promo GC.

If your cruise total is $1000, you should buy a $1000 GC and get a free $100 (to use as OBC)

If you just bought a $900 GC, and used the free $90, you would be missing out on the free $10 (or one drink onboard).

Is there a reason that everyone is using their promo cards for obc instead of using it to pay off your cruise?

I plan on using promo ecard *first* toward paying off cruise! then "real" ecard to finish paying off Oct cruise.

Use card that expires first vs. card that never expires. I see no reason to do it differently from that.

Got a couple of $700 cards...received email about those immediately...waiting patiently for promo cards to appear (yeah I know...overnight...).

GP

I'm having so much trouble!! I ordered a card yesterday, never got an email. I have the 'congrats' page with the order number. Went to pay for my November cruise and it didn't work.

Called Carnival ecard number. They have no idea what happened but 'escalated it to corporate' to find out why I didn't get the email, said the page with the order number should have the 'card number' and 'pin' which are all xxxxxx.

Called my Carnival Master Card, charge not posted to the acct. Called Carnival back and they said 'maybe they don't take the Carnival MC.' I said I know it's been used by others, maybe since it's Sat. and Sun. it didn't get posted yet....

What a mess for 10%!!!!!

Now I'm supposed to wait for corporate to call tomorrow......

Bummer!

I too ordered a $1000 e-card and got to the page that said confirmed and had an order number. Never got an e-mail. Later, my acknowledgement for a card worth $300 and the e-card came immediately after purchase.

I called the 800 number, gave her the order number, and she wanted to know how I'd gotten that number because there was no order in the system except for my $300 that I already had. She said that since it is an automatic process and the order wasn't in the system, it must not have gone through, and I wasn't charged. The rep said to try again because she was sure I wouldn't be charged. My two $500 cards came immediately and promo cards came at midnight.

Waiting to see if I get charged twice.

To get a bigger promo GC.

If your cruise total is $1000, you should buy a $1000 GC and get a free $100 (to use as OBC)

If you just bought a $900 GC, and used the free $90, you would be missing out on the free $10 (or one drink onboard).

But why not use the promo card to pay for the cruise and then the real gc as obc?

I plan on using promo ecard *first* toward paying off cruise! then "real" ecard to finish paying off Oct cruise.

Use card that expires first vs. card that never expires. I see no reason to do it differently from that.

Got a couple of $700 cards...received email about those immediately...waiting patiently for promo cards to appear (yeah I know...overnight...).

GP

My exact thoughts. That way you don't have to worry about expiration dates.

I bought a $1000 and a $300 card, and received a $100 and a $30 promo card. When I received them I applied the $130 promo to our 4/2015 cruise balance of $1050, then the $300, then paid off the remainder of our cruise with the $1000, leaving $380 to apply to our S&S card.

I had the money put away for the cruise anyway, and it sure is nice seeing "balance paid in full"! There is no way that $1300 would have made me $130 sitting in my savings account.

My cruise already is paid off since final payment was due June 1st. So, I'm mainly using these to pay for our Cheers program on our upcoming 22-day-long repositioning cruise.

That's a lot of 🍻. Which itinerary are you going on?

Does anyone know if Carnival has ever had this promotion before ? I assume it isn't something they do every year ??

The gift cards have only been out for about a year (maybe 2) and I have never seen this promotion before. It's a decent deal and I'm glad I was able to take advantage of it. We ordered our second round of gift cards at 10:30 pm and our promo cards were in our box by 12:01am.

What if you have to cancel your cruise...before the penalty...and have paid for most of it with GC's ? I assume we get the balance back in a GC?....

I'm always thinking of the "what ifs"....and I have just purchased $1500 in GC's.....

That is correct. The Carnival rep I spoke to said that cruises purchased with gift cards would be reimbursed with a gift card. I also asked about the scenario where I have the bulk of my cruise paid off [with gift cards] before final payment and there was a price drop--it can come back to you in a gift card or it can be applied as OBC or an upgrade.

Edited by Carnival_Brides

Just purchased $1270 to cover an OV on a 2018 Inspiration/Imagination cruise, plus the tips I forgot to include for the Elation. The booking, tips, excursions, and on board spending all included (even inflation). Even though it is a little over 3 years till I can book, 10% beats the interest in the bank. ;)

We have already made final payment.......I am considering this primarily for OBC.......Do we have to wait until we get onboard to apply this or can you add it to your account and already have it as OBC before you go......Just looking at less hassle once onboard and less documents to have to bring......Anyone??

We have already made final payment.......I am considering this primarily for OBC.......Do we have to wait until we get onboard to apply this or can you add it to your account and already have it as OBC before you go......Just looking at less hassle once onboard and less documents to have to bring......Anyone??

I believe that several have reported that it cannot be applied to your S&S account until you have checked-in because your account doesn't actually exist until then.

That begs the questions: can you add it to your account at check-in? After all, you've already stood in line to check-in. Why stand in line again at Guest Services?

You can use the kiosks or go to guest services once onboard and have the gift cards applied. Those are the options. This has been stated numerous times on this thread and in others on this board. From what I have been told, it is a relatively quick process, which is good to know since I myself have hundreds of dollars in gift cards to apply to our s&s.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Edited by cruizinisthebest

Kiosks are simple to use. And there is no need to stand in a long line that first day if you want to use guest services. Go when there is no line! The GCs can be applied anytime to your account. It does not have to be the first thing you do. Go to Lido, get lunch, have a drink, relax, and go to GS later that evening or first thing in the morning. Enjoy. :)

I believe that several have reported that it cannot be applied to your S&S account until you have checked-in because your account doesn't actually exist until then.

That begs the questions: can you add it to your account at check-in? After all, you've already stood in line to check-in. Why stand in line again at Guest Services?

I was wondering the same thing and intend to at least ask during that process, so I can get it out of the way. I hate wasting time in lines when I'm on vacation. Kiosk idea is Plan B if I can't get them to add the gift cards at check in.

Sent from my iPad using Forums