Congratulations to the Weir Brothers.

chessbriar

After the years and hard work bringing out the Solstice class ships, the Weir Brothers have moved on to bigger and better things.

Nick Weir - Royal Caribbean's Vice President of Entertainment

Simon Weir - Royal Caribbean's Director of Hotel Operations

I sailed with Simon many times. He was my the CD on my firsts cruise back in 2001. I was lucky enough to sail with him a number of times since.

Nick I was introduced to on Solstice's pre inaugural cruise, again 6 weeks later, and lastly on Equinox shortly after her release. He was a joy to be around. Just loved his version of "Blue Steel"

It's nice to see their hard work payoff. Good luck to you both, I can only hope our paths cross again in the future.

Celebrity lost two good men.

After the years and hard work bringing out the Solstice class ships, the Weir Brothers have moved on to bigger and better things.

Nick Weir - Royal Caribbean's Vice President of Entertainment

Simon Weir - Royal Caribbean's Director of Hotel Operations

I sailed with Simon many times. He was my the CD on my firsts cruise back in 2001. I was lucky enough to sail with him a number of times since.

Nick I was introduced to on Solstice's pre inaugural cruise, again 6 weeks later, and lastly on Equinox shortly after her release. He was a joy to be around. Just loved his version of "Blue Steel"

It's nice to see their hard work payoff. Good luck to you both, I can only hope our paths cross again in the future.

Celebrity lost two good men.

Rick:

I received four emails in the last few hours and apparently the Weirs are working very hard on the roll out of Royal's new ship the Quantum of the Seas. Lots of entertainment features being advertised and some are very innovative.

Rick:

I received four emails in the last few hours and apparently the Weirs are working very hard on the roll out of Royal's new ship the Quantum of the Seas. Lots of entertainment features being advertised and some are very innovative.

Bernhard, a former HD for Celebrity, told me that he will become HD on Anthem. A number of wonderful Celebrity people were moved over to the RCCL side. I thought that the Weirs moved over quite some time ago.

Rick:

After the successful roll out of the S class ships, I understand why they would have them working so hard on the Q class of ships

Bernhard, a former HD for Celebrity, told me that he will become HD on Anthem. A number of wonderful Celebrity people were moved over to the RCCL side. I thought that the Weirs moved over quite some time ago.
Simon moved over about a year and a half ago. But I feel it's better late than never. He left his hotel director position on the ships to take over X's position of Director of Hotels. Edited by chessbriar

I was under the impression Nick was just there to help bring out the new ships. He had worked for some time as a fill in CD. That's what surprised me he was bringing out the new class. The promotion is well earned

Was simon on NCL in the mid 2000's?
Simon has remained with during my days of cruising. He sailed Galaxy for a while then moved over to the M class ships. I sailed with him on Summit in 2004. He then move to Infinity and was there for some time. Then off to work on the new builds.

I was under the impression Nick was just there to help bring out the new ships. He had worked for some time as a fill in CD. That's what surprised me he was bringing out the new class. The promotion is well earned

Simon has remained with during my days of cruising. He sailed Galaxy for a while then moved over to the M class ships. I sailed with him on Summit in 2004. He then move to Infinity and was there for some time. Then off to work on the new builds.

Bernhard will be the HD on Anthem. Lots of movement from one side of the board to the other during the past year. Also some additions from competing lines like HAL, Disney and NCL. Just the nature of the industry.

Edited by Orator

Bernhard will be the HD on Anthem. Lots of movement from one side of the board to the other during the past year. Also some additions from competing lines like HAL, Disney and NCL. Just the nature of the industry.

I'm venturing onto Anthem next year. That might be a bit of a shock, but if Bernhard's there it will be good to see him. A very nice and professional guy.

Phil

About 20 years ago I did a transatlantic on Celebrity. One of the Weir brothers with the Cruise Director. The other was hitching a ride. Every night after the show they would end up at the pizzeria which was near an indoor pool, if I recall correctly. What a party that was, and everyone who was still awake was invited. Two very nice men, I wish them all the best.

Hi Rick, thanks for the post and I also wish them both well and

congrats too:)...both are really nice guys:)

Hope you and the family are doing well:)

And HELLO PHIL!:D...you are heading out on Royal?....you will have

to let me know what you think about the ship upon your return!

Congratulations to both!

Simon was our CD on a few cruises. He would come into a public room, look around, see something amiss and be right on the phone to have it fixed. So personable and a great sense of humor.

Hi Orator,

Yes, it's been a while since both Weir brothers left Celebrity, and are missed... both as fine people, and for the excellent entertainment they brought to Celebrity.

Glad to hear that Bernhard will be HD on Anthem. Another tough loss for Celebrity. Wish him all the best at Royal !

• 7 months later...

Simon has received another promotions. Head of Operations in Shanghi. He will be heading up their expansion in the far east. I've known him for 14 years, but how far he has come in the last 8. Making the transition to HD from CD and just taking off from there.

Good for him.

Fantastic people!

We've had the pleasure to dine with both brothers when they were with Celebrity.

On Reflection last week, staff were being recruited for Century's operations out of China.