Sitting order in MDR

Hi,

We'll be cruising on the Oasis this coming July (can't wait already).

This will be our 4th cruise. All previous cruises we were a large group (minimum of 8 on our last cruise). On this one it's only 4 of us (2 parents, 2 teens).

Will we be asked ,or even "forced" ,to share a table at the MDR with people we don't know (that might be nice but also might not)? Or will we be allowed to have a small table for just the 4 of us?

Edited by afzeluches123

You can contact RCI directly at the following email address make your request. Just include your ship and sailing date. They will usually succeed at accommodating you. Otherwise you can see the maitre'd after you board to confirm your request then.

rcldining@rccl.com

You can also have your TA request this.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

Resrevation is already done and paid for. Should we ask our TA to do that?

Email, but also ask your TA to put in a request. Shouldn't be too much problem. When you get on board check your table and if you have any problem just ask for a change. Depending, they may be able to switch you.

We just got off the Allure today. We are a family of 5. We didn't make any special requests but we were seated at a table of 5, just our family. Originally I was bummed because I wanted the social interaction, but we had 7 great dinners as a family and laughed a lot and bonded with our waiters. It was great. There were plenty of tables with only 2, 4, or 5.

Even after you make any requests, head right to the main dining room as soon as you board. If your table is not to your liking, request a new one for 4. I've changed our table a few times like this and have never not been accommodated.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Even if you request a table for 4 there is no guarantee you will get one, last cruise asked for a small table 4-6 ended up on table for 10. Have always gone to dining room to check location of table once on-board, got told will put you on wait list, it will depend on what time you are dining if it is first or second seating and who has been there before you. Good luck and enjoy your cruise.

I would also ask for a table for just the four of you..and Oasis is one ship that has plenty more of these vs the other class of RCI ships. We opt for MTD and loved the flexibility of this especially on Oasis with so much more going on on this class of ship...We also liked the idea of a different table location and servers each night. Enjoy Oasis !!

Hi,

We'll be cruising on the Oasis this coming July (can't wait already).

This will be our 4th cruise. All previous cruises we were a large group (minimum of 8 on our last cruise). On this one it's only 4 of us (2 parents, 2 teens).

Will we be asked ,or even "forced" ,to share a table at the MDR with people we don't know (that might be nice but also might not)? Or will we be allowed to have a small table for just the 4 of us?

Just give them a call and they will note on your reservation that you want to be seated by yourself. We are a party of 3 and always request a table to ourselves. It's not that we don't like sitting with others it's just we enjoy that time to regroup as a family.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Even after you make any requests, head right to the main dining room as soon as you board. If your table is not to your liking, request a new one for 4. I've changed our table a few times like this and have never not been accommodated.

For what little its worth, It might pay to wait an hour. One time out of 10 cruises they rearranged the tables between 11am and dinner. The waiter said they found they had 2 more wheel chair diners than they had originally thought so they moved the tables a bit around those tables for ease of access. We had gone to the dining room and found a table for 4, came back that night and found a table for 8 about 20 feet away.

You can also get the good chocolate chip cookies while you wait. :p

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

I wrote Rcldining as was recommended. Got a reply after a few days that my request was forwarded to the ship, and today I got an Email from the Restaurant operations coordinator that our request was granted and I even got our table number.

Thank you all for your inputs.

I wrote Rcldining as was recommended. Got a reply after a few days that my request was forwarded to the ship, and today I got an Email from the Restaurant operations coordinator that our request was granted and I even got our table number.

Thank you all for your inputs.

Excellent, as you sail soon even a table number. But I would still pop to MDR after boarding to double check it only takes a minute and the staff are more than happy to show you where your table will be and head dining man will note any change you ask and try and accommodate, if not on first night he should be able to change you by second night.

Have a great cruise.

Dave

Edited by Dwalkerdave

We always made it a habit of finding our table early to avoid the crush at dinner time. A couple cruises ago, we had asked for a large table and were disappointed to see it was a table for two.

Oh well, we decided to give it a try. We were quite surprised at dinner that night to find the tables had all been renumbered and we were at a large table.

Lesson learned= don't look for the table until dinner time.

Email, but also ask your TA to put in a request. Shouldn't be too much problem. When you get on board check your table and if you have any problem just ask for a change. Depending, they may be able to switch you.

I've never had any problems requesting a table for 2 by contacting RCL dining. Must be done within 50 days of your cruise. You will get confirmation within days.