D+ benefits for spouse with no C&A status

I'm curious about my husband's status if I can get him on a cruise. I am D+. He has no C&A status at all. I understand he will have a Seapass card with D+ status, but will he get anything else like the D+ coupons on his Seapass card?

I'm curious about my husband's status if I can get him on a cruise. I am D+. He has no C&A status at all. I understand he will have a Seapass card with D+ status, but will he get anything else like the D+ coupons on his Seapass card?

His status will be the same as yours from access to lounge to coupons on sea pass

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

Yes, please call C&A and get him a number.

If it is his first RCI cruise ever his card will not have D+ on it and he will not have any D+ benefits other than priority boarding with you. If he has cruised in the past but never made a C&A account, you can make an account and link to yours for equal benefits.

If it is his first RCI cruise ever his card will not have D+ on it and he will not have any D+ benefits other than priority boarding with you. If he has cruised in the past but never made a C&A account, you can make an account and link to yours for equal benefits.

This is true...unless he has 1 RCI cruise under his belt he will not be able to have the same benefits that you have and will not be issued a C&A number without cruising in the past.

My understanding was that "significant others" could be linked and get the same level without having taken a Royal cruise. However, children had to have at least one cruise to get the same level as parents.

Carol, please let us know what yiou learn from C&A.

My understanding was that "significant others" could be linked and get the same level without having taken a Royal cruise. However, children had to have at least one cruise to get the same level as parents.

Carol, please let us know what yiou learn from C&A.

This is my understanding also. Found this in the "fine print" on the C&A Benefits Page.........

"A Crown & Anchor Society member can be added into a relationship with other family members in the same household and receive equivalent tier status; however Cruise Points will remain according to actual cruises taken and calculated using the Program level accrual system described above. Pinnacle Club member tier status will not be awarded to dependents if earned by their parent and/or guardian. Pinnacle Club member tier status can only be earned by an individual, spouse or significant other by one of them accumulating 700 Cruise Points or more in the CAS program".

Thanks everyone for all the feedback. I will pick up the phone and call C&A. It's not a big deal - I just want to know what to expect. I can't believe I'm actually getting him on a ship!

Carol, make sure that you call the D+ Desk 1-800-526-9723 (Press "9" anytime during the greeting for D+ Desk)

Thanks everyone for all the feedback. I will pick up the phone and call C&A. It's not a big deal - I just want to know what to expect. I can't believe I'm actually getting him on a ship!

Maybe a full suite to give him the best experience so he wants to do it again?

For a Dec 2013 cruise they would not issue a C&A number for my significant other until after she had completed her first cruise. On our first cruise together she had no benefits other than priority boarding with me. Her card did not have any status level printed at the bottom. Once she was assigned a C&A number after her first cruise we linked accounts and have equal status.

Good luck with C&A. Maybe something has changed in the past few months and this can be done before taking his first cruise. Let us know how it turns out for you. Have fun

And the C&A answer is......no previous RCL cruise, no C&A status, no D+ for this cruise. However, if he cruises again with me, he can get the D+ status but obviously will have his own small amount of actual cruise points.

A full suite sounds great, but for the same amount of money, eight of us are going in 3 inside cabins.

Thanks everyone for responding.

And the C&A answer is......no previous RCL cruise, no C&A status, no D+ for this cruise. However, if he cruises again with me, he can get the D+ status but obviously will have his own small amount of actual cruise points.

A full suite sounds great, but for the same amount of money, eight of us are going in 3 inside cabins.

Disappointing, but thanks for posting the C&A response.

Thanks for the clarification. Seems like what they have posted in the fine print needs to be changed to......

"A Crown & Anchor Society member can be added into a relationship with other family members in the same household and receive equivalent tier status after they have completed their first cruise.

Thanks for the clarification. Seems like what they have posted in the fine print needs to be changed to......

"A Crown & Anchor Society member can be added into a relationship with other family members in the same household and receive equivalent tier status after they have completed their first cruise.

Leave it to RCI to make it confusing.

You actually have to read to fine prints to get the answer. The first one as above that states "A Crown & Anchor Society member can be added...."

But..

To become a Crown & Anchor member you first have to complete a cruise.

Leave it to RCI to make it confusing.

You actually have to read to fine prints to get the answer. The first one as above that states "A Crown & Anchor Society member can be added...."

But..

To become a Crown & Anchor member you first have to complete a cruise.

So welcome to the party at which you have not yet arrived! Sort of like C & A has found a way for you to be at two places at the same time while actually being nowhere at all. :D

Edited by leaveitallbehind

Might be worth a try: While logged in to your account on the far left side under "Your Crown and Anchor Member Status" there is an option to enroll other members of your household.

Enrolling him that way might get him a C&A number - which you could then have them link later to your status.

Not much to lose by trying.

Disappointing, but thanks for posting the C&A response.

In our actual experience, a significant other, living at the same address, was not given D status ( and benefits) on the first cruise. Status was awarded after the completion of the first cruise.

M

I can't believe I'm actually getting him on a ship!

Gosh no offense intended, but all these years I thought you were a single woman! :o How lovely that your DH will be joining you next cruise. :)

Thank you for clearing this up. I absolutely know someone else will come along and post this same question. Now we know. :)

Are the others D+ as well?

I think the concierge would let a married partner into the CL with you.

Are the others D+ as well?

I think the concierge would let a married partner into the CL with you.

I would hope so too. C&A told us it is up the the concierge to determine if a partner or significant other ( living at the same address) is allowed in.

m

Gosh no offense intended, but all these years I thought you were a single woman! :o How lovely that your DH will be joining you next cruise. :)

Thank you for clearing this up. I absolutely know someone else will come along and post this same question. Now we know. :)

No offense taken! I became a diamond cruising with my elderly mother. After she passed away I became D+ as a solo cruiser. DH is a super reluctant cruiser. The BOGOHO pushed me into totally alien territory trying to negotiate a family cruise for 8 where DH, DS, and DD have cruised once on X and SIL and DGD's have never cruised. Fortunately it's not until next summer, so I have months to arrange this trip and explore the wonders of the Family Cruising board and the Cruise Air Board. DH's status was only a minor question. Quite frankly I was most interested in the potential extra D+ coupons like free internet and laundry, BOGO for specialty restaurant, etc - I may need my access to the CL to be exclusive so I can take refuge in there if necessary and not be found!!! However, I will ask the Concierge to see if he will let DH in.

No offense taken! I became a diamond cruising with my elderly mother. After she passed away I became D+ as a solo cruiser. DH is a super reluctant cruiser. The BOGOHO pushed me into totally alien territory trying to negotiate a family cruise for 8 where DH, DS, and DD have cruised once on X and SIL and DGD's have never cruised. Fortunately it's not until next summer, so I have months to arrange this trip and explore the wonders of the Family Cruising board and the Cruise Air Board. DH's status was only a minor question. Quite frankly I was most interested in the potential extra D+ coupons like free internet and laundry, BOGO for specialty restaurant, etc - I may need my access to the CL to be exclusive so I can take refuge in there if necessary and not be found!!! However, I will ask the Concierge to see if he will let DH in.

ha ha ha ha ha :D :p :o ;)

Carol - just keep laughing. I'm so used to cruising solo that this will be a real culture shock for me. I plan to be in the CL lounge every day at 5 pm to take on some fuel for family dinner. And I may stop back afterwards for recharging before the evening festivities. Seriously, I have to become an instant expert on Adventure Ocean and the babysitting for the 17 month old - totally no clue about these services. I'm supposed to be the expert cruiser, but there are serious gaps in my expertise. I've got convenient inside cabins reserved on deck 4 near the Centrum, I have a plan to build up Visa OBC points, we will have a least 6 bottles of wine for only 3-4 wine drinkers, and we have some serious FF miles and companion fares to keep the flight costs down. Hopefully, we are good to go.