Caribbean Princess - AA Meetings

Meatman1

Does anyone know where on the ship the AA meeting are and do they have one every day?

Not sure about the Caribbean but looking at the Patters on other Princess ships they had a nightly unhosted meeting in venues such as Hearts & Minds and the Wedding Chapel around 5:00 PM.

Edited by Astro Flyer

Just to let you know that to the many British users of this site, AA is generally used to refer to both an organisation called Alcoholics Anonymous which was set up to help people trying to deal with alcohol addiction, and also to a vehicle breakdown company known the 'Automobile Association'. Ok definitely not the latter, but.....

However, I'm pretty sure that it is neither of these that this thread refers to. :)

Edited by Corfe Mixture

Princess publishes the Patter, which is the daily activities listing, distributed to every stateroom. The meetings are available every day, and the time and location can be found there. I have observed that 5 pm is a very typical time for these meetings on Princess.

There are meetings every day. They seem to be mostly in the wedding chapel. The time varies and they're not always at convenient times. My DH goes as often as possible but there have been times when we were in port and the meetings were during the day. On our last cruise they were in the wedding chapel when musicians came in and started practicing during the meeting. A chat with the assistant cruise director stopped that. He also asked if the meetings were at a good time for the group. Evidently they have some leeway when scheduling.

Just to let you know that to the many British users of this site, AA is generally used to refer to both an organisation called Alcoholics Anonymous which was set up to help people trying to deal with alcohol addiction, and also to a vehicle breakdown company known the 'Automobile Association'. Ok definitely not the latter, but.....

However, I'm pretty sure that it is neither of these that this thread refers to. :)

"Friends of Dr. Bob & Bill W" meetings are named after the founders of Alcoholics Anonymous. In the US it's the Automobile Association of America or AAA and not AA.

If on the first day the group believes they need a different time for their meetings when most can attend, then a rep can inquire at guest services if the meeting time can be changed to accommodate them.

The Princess Patter recently posted for an Alaskan NB had the Conference Center @5PM for the Friends of Bill meeting.

Edited by evandbob

• 2 weeks later...

Hi...

Most of the 'Friends of Bill W' meetings happen somewhere between 3-5 PM in the wedding chapel.

I've been on cruises that have 8-10 people at many of the daily meetings. I've also been cruises where I was alone or had a couple of people attend. People drop in when they can or get busy with shore excursions, etc.

On one four of us made our own meeting...morning...and met in a corner table in the MDR for breakfast. We also met during the day while in Bermuda.

Princess offered us another space & time but we REALLY needed coffee :-) so they updated the location in the Patter.

On the CB in February, it was held in the Wedding Chapel. First evening it was at 6:30 PM. Most other evenings it was at 5:30 PM. Last day of the cruise it was at 4 PM.

(On one Princess cruise a couple of years ago, the meeting place was a bar.)

Edited by caribill

My experience has been that if you don't go the first day or two, the meetings tend to dissolve..this is my experience only and I'm sure others have had different experiences...however, if you go the first day or two as most do then you can keep the group going...on our last cruise, no one showed up after the third day...

Oh goodness! Maybe some education needed before you post.:eek::eek::eek:

"Friends of Dr. Bob & Bill W" meetings are named after the founders of Alcoholics Anonymous. In the US it's the Automobile Association of America or AAA and not AA.

Alcoholics Anonymous is also in other countries.