Tis Himself, Once More

Himself

We are indeed blessed to have Pieter Bos as the Captain of the Oosterdam. He has kept the ship inside the Canadian inside passage all day long and it is a beautiful day and the scenery is just gorgous. We are almost to Prince Rupert and we are still inside. We will get to Ketchikan and our first line will be cast by 6:30 A.M. I have been coming up here since 1997--with the exception of 2003--and this has been one of the better voyages. I have been up here three times on the Volendam with Captain Bos as the Master and those were the four best inside passage voyages. So when I am told that I am blessed by his presence I must agree. Even thanked him for keeping us inside. This has been a great day cruising.

We are 9 and one hafl hours from docking at Ketchikan. Wish all of you were here.

Himself.

Himself,

I never thought about the need to hold a Crew Mass so late at night. Certainly understandable given the schedules that the crew have to maintain, however.

I wonder where on the ship this can be held. Is it in a public room that is not being used at that time of night?

There are a number of crew spaces that are large enough to hold Mass. I'm glad you are there to support them.

Charles

Thank you for your "live" review. I'm glad you were able to sail inside with land on both sides. The scenery is lovely.

The only time I was able to do it, the weather was warm and sunny. I spent a lot of time on deck with a wonderful view.

Spent a nice day in Ketchikan. It did not rain but it was cloudy all day. I discovered that I did not bring a sweat shirt so I purchased a Hoddie at the Tongas Company. Right now we are going through Snow Pass and everyone is watching for Whales. We have had rain since shortly after we left Ketchikan but this is Alaska and one has to expect it. Mass will be at 8::00 AM since we don't get in to Juneau until 9:00 AM.

Himself.

There are a number of crew spaces that are large enough to hold Mass. I'm glad you are there to support them.

Charles

The crew Mass is at 11:15PM every Sunday and we usually hold it in the Hudson Room. I have been doing this since the fall of 1996.

Docked in Juneau a little over an hour ago. We can be seen on Luvtotrvl's daily report on fleet locations if you click on to the Juneau link under the Amsterdam and OOseterdam. We are back to back with the Amsterdam and in front of us is the Coral Princess. We are just beyond the Mt. Roberts Tramway and kind of in front of where the old ss. Juneau memorial was until a couple of years ago. Tis a bit cloudy today and will be heading of ship for a walk up Franklin Street.

Will report in later.

"kind of in front of where the old ss. Juneau memorial was until a couple of years ago."

That sounds like the kind of information we use to give city slickers directions around here. "Go straight down this road until you get to where the Clayton barn used to be and take a left..."

Docked in Juneau a little over an hour ago. We can be seen on Luvtotrvl's daily report on fleet locations if you click on to the Juneau link under the Amsterdam and OOseterdam. We are back to back with the Amsterdam and in front of us is the Coral Princess. We are just beyond the Mt. Roberts Tramway and kind of in front of where the old ss. Juneau memorial was until a couple of years ago. Tis a bit cloudy today and will be heading of ship for a walk up Franklin Street.

Will report in later.

Did you see the Patsy Ann statue on the dock, Father?

PatsyAnnstatueJuneauAK_zpsd4a0c000.jpg

Did you see the Patsy Ann statue on the dock, Father?

PatsyAnnstatueJuneauAK_zpsd4a0c000.jpg

John:

Patsy Ann staute is up near the stern of the AMSTERDAM today but I am very familiar with the statue.

I did not go over that way today but I will be back in town next Thursday. I will stop by and give the statue your kindest regards. She was quite a dog.

It rained a lot early in the day. The cloud cover was so quick that one could not even see the top of the Mt. Roberts Tramway. Righ now it is 7:40PM and the sun is out in all its glory. Stopped to see my friends at the Alaskan Fudge Compay and got fudge for some people at home. (Really!) Had a nice visit with Blue and Scott. Blue and Deb were not in today. I think I have been stopping in there since 1997.

I also walked up to the Cathedral of the Naitivity of the Blessed Virgin Mary. It is just east of the Orthodox Cathedral. It is a good walk and I need the exercise. I also purchased a couple of shirts at the Alaskan Shirt Store across from the ship. The shops on board now have liscense plate holders that say "My other car is a DAM ship." I am thinking of buying one but I have a lot of time to do it.

I wish you all were up here. Life is good!

Hi Father,

Happy to hear that you are enjoying your self. Have you been getting a good number of people at your masses? I hope so.

Getting between 16 and thirty-five at daily Mass. But remember Our Blessed Lord told Peter to

"Feed my sheep." He didn't say "count my sheep." He did tell us that where two or three are gathered in his name, that He would be in our midst.

God Love You!

Getting between 16 and thirty-five at daily Mass. But remember Our Blessed Lord told Peter to

"Feed my sheep." He didn't say "count my sheep." He did tell us that where two or three are gathered in his name, that He would be in our midst.

God Love You!

That is true, feed my sheep. I wish more cruise lines would have a priest on board for masses. Now I think HAL is the only cruise line and maybe Costa that have priest on board? The need is there to feed the sheep even when at sea.

It rained a lot early in the day. The cloud cover was so quick that one could not even see the top of the Mt. Roberts Tramway. Righ now it is 7:40PM and the sun is out in all its glory. Stopped to see my friends at the Alaskan Fudge Compay and got fudge for some people at home. (Really!) Had a nice visit with Blue and Scott. Blue and Deb were not in today. I think I have been stopping in there since 1997.

I also walked up to the Cathedral of the Naitivity of the Blessed Virgin Mary. It is just east of the Orthodox Cathedral. It is a good walk and I need the exercise. I also purchased a couple of shirts at the Alaskan Shirt Store across from the ship. The shops on board now have liscense plate holders that say "My other car is a DAM ship." I am thinking of buying one but I have a lot of time to do it.

I wish you all were up here. Life is good!

We wish we were up there with you too.:):):)

That is true, feed my sheep. I wish more cruise lines would have a priest on board for masses. Now I think HAL is the only cruise line and maybe Costa that have priest on board? The need is there to feed the sheep even when at sea.

Good Point and it is well taken .

Thank you for checking in.

Hear there is a lot of rain and fog in Alaska this year.

We were told it woulld rain today in Skagway and actually it was quite nice. It is supposed to rain tomorrow in Glacier Bay. We will see! Hopefully by the time we get down near the Marjorie Glacier the weather will be okey. I hope so anyway. The weather has been good for the most part.