Tis Himself, Once More

Himself

According to posts on the Cunard forum, there is a Roman Catholic priest on board the Queen Mary 2 - apparently for all voyages.

I believe Cunard stopped carrying priests about 2 years ago. They still have a non-denominational Sunday service led by the captain. The only other cruise line that carries a priest on every voyage is Crystal. Crystal commits the priest to interfaith services on Sundays at sea but in my experience they all have done it on Sundays in port as well.

Roy

I believe Cunard stopped carrying priests about 2 years ago. They still have a non-denominational Sunday service led by the captain. The only other cruise line that carries a priest on every voyage is Crystal. Crystal commits the priest to interfaith services on Sundays at sea but in my experience they all have done it on Sundays in port as well.

Roy

Hi Roy. Yes, there was a period of time a couple of years ago where Cunard stopped having priests except for special Holy Days, but that was soon corrected. Here's a quote from CC member BlueRiband's review of a recent QM2 cruise...

"...On very positive note, Cunard continues to have a Catholic priest on board. Not only do many passengers appreciate this (about 40-50 at a non-Sunday Mass) but the chaplains also serve the crew. On QM2 about 600 crew members come from the Philippines, a heavily Roman Catholic country..." copied from http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=258375

Salacia

Hi Roy. Yes, there was a period of time a couple of years ago where Cunard stopped having priests except for special Holy Days, but that was soon corrected. Here's a quote from CC member BlueRiband's review of a recent QM2 cruise...

"...On very positive note, Cunard continues to have a Catholic priest on board. Not only do many passengers appreciate this (about 40-50 at a non-Sunday Mass) but the chaplains also serve the crew. On QM2 about 600 crew members come from the Philippines, a heavily Roman Catholic country..." copied from http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=258375

Salacia

Good news. First time I've ever heard of a cruise line dropping priests and returning them to service. I don't normally use the priests' services but have occasionally dropped in on a Saturday mass when Sunday was a port day.

Roy

Edited by rafinmd

Friends:

I made my very first stop in Haines yesterday. it is a very Alaskan type place with out the hype you get in some ports. I walked up to the port and took the free bus around town. Weather was gorgous and I ran into the Second Sister and Middle Aged Mom on the Dock. Both are good people. Am in Juneau today and vistited the Dog meorial and the USS Juneau meorial which is back up but on the dock a little fatther down from where we dock. Also stopped to see my friend Blue at the Alaskan Fudge Company on Franklin Street in Juneau.

Friends:

I made my very first stop in Haines yesterday. it is a very Alaskan type place with out the hype you get in some ports. I walked up to the port and took the free bus around town. Weather was gorgous and I ran into the Second Sister and Middle Aged Mom on the Dock. Both are good people. Am in Juneau today and vistited the Dog meorial and the USS Juneau meorial which is back up but on the dock a little fatther down from where we dock. Also stopped to see my friend Blue at the Alaskan Fudge Company on Franklin Street in Juneau.

glad you are have good weather but Father come on you want us to believe you stopped to see Blue and not the fudge..

Mary

Took the Tramway to the top of Mt. Roberts today. Aslo has someone take my picture next to the Patsy Ann Memorial in Juneau. Right now we are going through Whale territory as we head to Ketchikan.

Good Night.

Sounds like good weather is staying with you.

Haines -- the first time we were there was about 15 years ago on an NCL ship. Town hadn't been run over by jewelry shops, etc. back then.

It is nothing like Juneau or Ketchikan!

Took the Tramway to the top of Mt. Roberts today. Aslo has someone take my picture next to the Patsy Ann Memorial in Juneau. Right now we are going through Whale territory as we head to Ketchikan.

Good Night.

It's a super view from the top of the tramway at Mount Roberts.

Thanks for your reports.

Good evening friends:

As we approached Ketchikan it was raining. However things cleared up and it was a much better day than was predicted. I did the Duck and out on the Narrows we saw some Eagles and seals, believi it or not. The salmon have not started to run at Ketchikan yet. They are staring to run in Juneau.

We let off the Alaskan piilot a while ago and will pick the two Canadian Pilots around eleven o'clock tonight. The Captain will be taking us inside during the day tomorrow. Captain Pieter Bos is the best in Alaska, in my opinion.

Signing off for now.

Himself.

P.S. I probably will not post tomorrow. Howver when I get home I will give some post-cruise reflections.

Edited by Himself
To Put a P.S. on the post.

I got off the Oosterdsm this morning and got the quick Shuttle to Seattle. It took about 35 minutes to clear customs at the border Have get to bead early as my plane leaves early. More after the trip is over.

Himself

I got off the Oosterdsm this morning and got the quick Shuttle to Seattle. It took about 35 minutes to clear customs at the border Have get to bead early as my plane leaves early. More after the trip is over.

Himself

You got off and we got on for lunch Father! ;)

Father,

I am looking forward to your comments about your cruise and Amtrak experience. Lots of discussion on an Amtrak forum about cutbacks and I am anxious to learn your views since I have an extensive Amtrak upcoming in October.

I truly hope that you will have had a wonderful travel experience by rail, ship, and plane!

You got off and we got on for lunch Father! ;)

John, I wish I had gotten on with you. Tell Pieter Bos that I really appreciate how he keeps us inside so much od r=the time in Canada.

also give my regards to James Cielen (the magician)

Microsoft is offering some classes on " Windows * and 8.1. I found them to be quite good.

Edited by Himself