Covered Pools

Babs1121

Carnival on most of the ships has a moving roof that covers some of its pools. Celebrity has some indoor pools. So I think does Cunard. NCL has a lap pool on most of the ships that are in the spa and it charges extra for that pool.

The RCL Raidance class ships have a covered pool solarium area. The Voyager and Freedom Class do not. I believe the Vision class ships have a coverd pool as well and the new Quantum and Anthem have a covered area.

Celebrity has some indoor pools. .

Each Celebrity ship has a covered pool. The roof is not retractable.

Here is the pool on the Infinity (pools on sister ships would look similar):

Infinity%20T%20pool.JPG

And on the Equinox (pools on sister ships would look similar):

CEL_EQ_Solarium.jpg

And on the Eclipse:

2_solarium_pool3.jpg

Edited by boogs

Not all Princess ships. The Caribbean, Crown, Emerald, Ruby, Royal and Regal do not have covered pools.

I'm not sure which P&O/Princess "Grand Class" have covered pools, other than Ventura, which has a sliding roof.

Each Celebrity ship has a covered pool. The roof is not retractable.

Here is the pool on the Infinity (pools on sister ships would look similar):

Infinity%20T%20pool.JPG

And on the Equinox (pools on sister ships would look similar):

CEL_EQ_Solarium.jpg

And on the Eclipse:

2_solarium_pool3.jpg

The photos are nice and the pools look lovely but I wonder how hot/humid it gets at those pools in the hot Caribbean? Do they manage to keep it from smelling chlorine and being really humid?

The photos are nice and the pools look lovely but I wonder how hot/humid it gets at those pools in the hot Caribbean? Do they manage to keep it from smelling chlorine and being really humid?

Not humid at all. Celebrity actually air conditions their solariums. If you look at those pictures, you can see the vents up high. The Solstice Class solariums are the best. It's hard to tell in those pictures, but the blue tinted windows give the whole room a blue tint.

By the way, all those black squares on the glass are solar panels to help power certain areas of the ship.

The Princess ships that have a pool under a covered roof (which is retractable when the weather is good) include the Sapphire, Diamond, Island, Coral, Golden, Grand, Star Princess. You can check on the Princess site by looking at the deck plans. Look at the deck above the Lido deck (where the two biggest pools are and if you see the Conservatory, that's the roof over a pool.

I thought ship's pools used salt water, so no chlorine.
Most of Princess's ships use chlorinated water instead of salt water in their pools. The exceptions are the little ones that were bought from Renaissance (Ocean and Pacific).

I thought ship's pools used salt water, so no chlorine.

On Celebrity, the Century and all M-class ships (Millennium, Summit, Infinity, Constellation) have salt water pools. The S-class ships (Solstice, Eclipse, Equinox, Silhouette, Reflection) have fresh water pools.

The covered pools on the M-class ships are warm, salt water pools. They are called a Thalassotherapy pool, or "T-pool" for short. According to Wikipedia: "Thalassotherapy (from the Greek word thalassa, meaning "sea") is the medical use of seawater as a form of therapy. It is based on the systematic use of seawater, sea products, and shore climate. The properties of seawater are believed to have beneficial effects upon the pores of the skin."

These T-pools are kept warmer than a typical pool. Many Celebrity fans love these pools and wish the newer S-class ships had them. Whenever my wife and I cruise on a ship that has one, we spend time every evening relaxing in them just before going to bed.

Edited by boogs