neptune worth the upsell?

bigwhistle

That depends on what is important to you. The SY is already a larger cabin, and we found that the Neptune has more room that is not that useable. The larger balcony of the Neptune is nice.

I suggest you review the perks and see what you like and don't. Many are available on request only, so if you don't ask, you won't receive. We didn't enjoy the Neptune Lounge at all and found it to be the most unwelcoming area on the ship.

One perk that some enjoy is breakfast in the Pinnacle Grill. We much prefer our breakfast on our balcony and would gladly select that option over the PG.

Depending upon your likes and tastes, that $400 extra could be used to purchase the suites amenities package for your SY cabin. That is a more worthwhile value for your money, IMO, than the Neptune Suite.

Edited by cbr663

5 days until we leave on the Oosterdam. Got a call yesterday that we can move from a SY to a Neptune for $300 per person. Today it is down to $200 per person. Is the difference in suites worth the price?

Yes, IMO, it is worth it.

If you have not accepted the offer by now, you well could have waited too long and missed the chance but I am thinking your probably accepted it before you posted?

Please let us know if you were successful. :)

Edited by sail7seas

We are still holding off. I told my TA that if it gets down to $100 per person we would do it. Since the SY is the 1st suite we have ever taken advantage of, even if we don't get to the Neptune we are in for much more space than our normal cruising.

We are still holding off. I told my TA that if it gets down to $100 per person we would do it. Since the SY is the 1st suite we have ever taken advantage of, even if we don't get to the Neptune we are in for much more space than our normal cruising.

Good luck. Enjoy your cruise either way.

Edited by cruz chic