Do people share drinks packages?

It's really very simple....can your child use his/her sign and sail card to obtain a bottled water? If not....there is a reason.

Another question, would you switch drinks in front of a RCL employee? If not, why not?

Edited by comxkid

It's really very simple....can your child use his/her sign and sail card to obtain a bottled water? If not....there is reason.

Another question, would you switch drinks in front of a RCL employee? If not, why not?

Again, we're not talking about "mom I want a water go steal me one" it's about in the moment my child wanting water and me switching drinks with her. It's not premeditated, and you bet I would let her have it in front of an employee. No one in their right mind would object.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You are wrong. For it to be 'theft' there must be a party being wronged. My point is even if you wouldn't do it because you feel it's wrong, it doesn't make it theft. What I stated originally was a hypothetical situation not a plan to cheat RC out of a bottled water, which again I paid for...

Um, how about Royal being wronged? Because that's who you're cheating.

Again, we're not talking about "mom I want a water go steal me one" it's about in the moment my child wanting water and me switching drinks with her. It's not premeditated, and you bet I would let her have it in front of an employee. No one in their right mind would object.

Again, if you know your child is going to want water during the week, upgrade his or her package so that he/she can obtain it without your assistance.

I would also guess that if you did this in front of of several RCL bartenders, the majority of them would ask you not to share packages for the remainder of the cruise.

There is a potential cost here to all of us...RCL could decide to change the program to make it more expensive in the future through the elimination of certain packages or making all family members have the same type of package (depending on their ages of course).

Um, how about Royal being wronged? Because that's who you're cheating.

Pointless to keep trying to reason with someone who refuses to reason. At this point you must know you're wrong but can't give up the fight. No problem, enjoy the rest of your day off.

Pointless to keep trying to reason with someone who refuses to reason. At this point you must know you're wrong but can't give up the fight. No problem, enjoy the rest of your day off.

You do know that several posters here could say the same of you?

I get that this is your opinion... But it's just that your opinion. You have been insulting since your initial response. It is absurd considering that A) it has not happened and B) you are talking about a spontaneous minute decision to give my child a water and drink her soda. It makes no sense this is even still

being debated.

Since it is spontaneous, it is ok to do something wrong?

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Forums mobile app

Again, if you know your child is going to want water during the week, upgrade his or her package so that he/she can obtain it without your assistance.

I would also guess that if you did this in front of of several RCL bartenders, the majority of them would ask you not to share packages for the remainder of the cruise.

There is a potential cost here to all of us...RCL could decide to change the program to make it more expensive in the future through the elimination of certain packages or making all family members have the same type of package (depending on their ages of course).

Not going to argue. You must not understand or don't want to understand. I am certain what I originally stated does not violate the spirit of the drink package policy.

You are wrong. For it to be 'theft' there must be a party being wronged. My point is even if you wouldn't do it because you feel it's wrong, it doesn't make it theft. What I stated originally was a hypothetical situation not a plan to cheat RC out of a bottled water, which again I paid for...

RC is being cheated as someone is getting something that was not bought with the intent of them drinking it.

I guess when you lack intelligent responses you resort to insults.

I am not the one telling others they are WRONG, I am giving my OPINION on what the packages are meant to be. You are the arguing and telling everyone they are wrong.

Enjoy the argument, I am done. People will do whatever they want, after all it is their vacation :rolleyes:

Since it is spontaneous, it is ok to do something wrong?

Wrong for who? A bottle of paid water to my child? You must be insane if you think RCI would object to that.

RC is being cheated as someone is getting something that was not bought with the intent of them drinking it.

I am not the one telling others they are WRONG, I am giving my OPINION on what the packages are meant to be. You are the arguing and telling everyone they are wrong.

Enjoy the argument, I am done. People will do whatever they want, after all it is their vacation :rolleyes:

In the original scenario it was bought with the intention of having the adult drink it. The child has a need the parent meets it. RCI has not lost a penny. But yeah I'm done too...

Not going to argue. You must not understand or don't want to understand. I am certain what I originally stated does not violate the spirit of the drink package policy.

I'm not arguing. I understand that in your opinion, this does not violate the spirit of the drink package policy, but factual statements included in the actual policy do not support your position.

So, lets say Susie's soda package was $45. Mom's soda and water package was $65 (for demonstration purposes only). RCL has revenue of $110. Now, Susie has a soda, but wants a water ($3, estimated), so Mom gives her a water. RCL should now have revenue of $113. But, since Mom broke the rules and shared her package with Susie who doesnt get water in her package, RCL is out $3.

Yep, no one hurt...no big deal...its just three bucks.

Well Mom...I hope no one ever steals $3 from you everyday. Or multiple times a day, everyday. I bet you would let them and no one would object. Especially if they did it right in front of you.

The spirit of the drink package? Wow. The spirit? I'm sure the RCL execs said they will tell you not to share... but really, we don't care. Share it...no big deal. We aren't here to make money but to provide drinks to anyone someone else decides deserves it.

We've had Mother Earth... now the drink package whisperer.... discerning the true intent of drink packages.

I find the fear that if people share drink packages, the cruise lines will no longer find it profitable to offer them very amusing.

As quoted through a colleague in the vending business chatting with a salesperson from one of the soda suppliers: when you get a soda at a fast food establishment the CUP usually costs them more than the soda itself.

So if we all get (2adults, 3children) some sort of package, kids royal refreshment and mom and dad Royal replenish - and I decide to let my daughter have a bottled water while I have a diet coke - is that also theft?

RCCL ship and RCCL rules on what's allowed on the package. Why don't you call them and ask if what's allowed in your opinion matches their definition? Then it's no longer your opinion versus someone else's; you will hear what they say and that will be "what's right" according to their rules.

Then, you can consciously follow RCCL rules or not but you will find out if your scenario is allowed, in practice and in spirit. If they say, sure that's fine, you are right.

LOL -- this thread is starting to become reminiscent of a political thread. Just my opinion, but I can care less whether people share packages or do not. It will not impact my vacation one bit. I will say this though, if I do purchase a drink package and want to give my child a bottle of water, then I will do it. So sue me. Question my parenting skills, etc. I don't care. For those of you who claim to take the moral high ground on everything, has your child ever consumed an alcoholic beverage underage? That is also illegal, just as stealing is. Does that mean you poorly raised your kid? Heck no. It just bothers me if people have shared a beverage package that suddenly makes them a terrible parent. Really people?

Edited by AEGBRG

it's impossible for a reasonable thinking person to understand your arguments;

You can't possibly be serious and if you are I pity you,

:cj

this sent from my retirement home at the shore .I refuse to message from the beach

Edited by Captain Jake

LOL -- this thread is starting to become reminiscent of a political thread. Just my opinion, but I can care less whether people share packages or do not. It will not impact my vacation one bit. I will say this though, if I do purchase a drink package and want to give my child a bottle of water, then I will do it. So sue me. Question my parenting skills, etc. I don't care. For those of you who claim to take the moral high ground on everything, has your child ever consumed an alcoholic beverage underage? That is also illegal, just as stealing is. Does that mean you poorly raised your kid? Heck no. It just bothers me if people have shared a beverage package that suddenly makes them a terrible parent. Really people?

it makes them parents who teach their children it's OK to steal sometimes.

Good parenting.Yeah Right

There are more people that disagree than agree with you so what does that say about people being "in their right mind"?

Of course it violates the policy - you just don't want to realize that.

###

This is too funny..........really?

RCI is doing just fine without you "well meaning" folk calling others thieves. RCI is a major corporation that can look after their own affairs. Believe me they do have safeguards in place to protect their interests.

It is absolutely 100% none of your business if someone on the drink package gives their significant other a silly bottle of water or a martini.:)

This is too funny..........really?

RCI is doing just fine without you "well meaning" folk calling others thieves. RCI is a major corporation that can look after their own affairs. Believe me they do have safeguards in place to protect their interests.

It is absolutely 100% none of your business if someone on the drink package gives their significant other a silly bottle of water or a martini.:)

you cannot be serious. you are you to tell me anything? Knock,KNOCK

What a joke. If you have a problem with my opinion too bad. Get over it;

I will defend honesty over B.S. supporters 24/7 .Thievery cost us billions.Only a fool would truly believe that it's none of our business

Edited by Captain Jake

Surely Royal's bean-counters know that their are thieves among us and have that factored into the prices of the packages. :( So once again us honest folks pay the price. DH and I will both be paying for our packages for two reasons:

1) It is the right thing to do. ;)

2) I am on vacation, all of the hassle and energy it would take to "stick it to the man" would be a PITA. Would rather pay the money and enjoy what we want, when we want it. :p

Edited by babyblue78