Do people share drinks packages?

Firstly, I must point out we have already purchased our packages so I am in noooo way planning on doing this, this is simply a question out of curiosity, nothing else.

Obviously, if anyone does and is caught then they have lost the package and no refund ... but do folk still chance it??

In my head I have a funny image of someone acting suspicious, passing a sneaky labadoozie to their partner, like some dodgy drug deal from an old movie lol, changing bathing suit and sunglasses several times a day as a disguise lol :D

So what do u reckon, do folk still risk it?

Sure, and some smuggle booze on the ship and remove tips, there are all types cruising.

While we are confessing............ that sounded a little snobby......... I have also smuggled a small amount of rum onboard. I had my rationalizations, had sailed DCL before where it was OK and I was only spiking drinks bought and wanted stronger (didn't make my own) b/c I didn't want all the sugar/calories of a second/third drink to feel a little buzz.

Likely a small amount of sharing is built into the costs. When it is not profitable they will raise prices or discontinue.

...in my vast, vast cruising experience, (1 cruise so far), we did sort of share a drink package on Carnival. My dh and I both had them - really didn't end up drinking very much, (Carnival made a profit on our drink passes, without a doubt). We had our 20 year old daughter with us - and we used our passes to get her a couple of drinks - maybe 3 in total. She would have had her own pass, if they'd sell her one - she was old enough to drink at all of the ports we were at. So, yes we did share. But we didn't share a lot.

On our last cruise amongst our tablemates were a family of four where the oldest daughter was old enough to drink and the younger one was pre-teen. What they did was register as 2 separate staterooms, putting the younger daughter in with her father. The father bought a drinks package, the family were only on hook for one package (because the other person in his room was a minor) and they all drank plenty on the cruise

Firstly, I must point out we have already purchased our packages so I am in noooo way planning on doing this, this is simply a question out of curiosity, nothing else.

Obviously, if anyone does and is caught then they have lost the package and no refund ... but do folk still chance it??

In my head I have a funny image of someone acting suspicious, passing a sneaky labadoozie to their partner, like some dodgy drug deal from an old movie lol, changing bathing suit and sunglasses several times a day as a disguise lol :D

So what do u reckon, do folk still risk it?

What you suggest is stealing. Not nice!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

On our last cruise amongst our tablemates were a family of four where the oldest daughter was old enough to drink and the younger one was pre-teen. What they did was register as 2 separate staterooms, putting the younger daughter in with her father. The father bought a drinks package, the family were only on hook for one package (because the other person in his room was a minor) and they all drank plenty on the cruise

I read here earlier this week that you no longer have to buy drink packages for everybody 21 and older in a room. They said the FAQ's on the website had not been changed to reflect this yet but there was a policy change. Can anyone confirm? By the time our cruise finally gets here, I am sure it will be old news!

Lauri

I read here earlier this week that you no longer have to buy drink packages for everybody 21 and older in a room. They said the FAQ's on the website had not been changed to reflect this yet but there was a policy change. Can anyone confirm? By the time our cruise finally gets here, I am sure it will be old news!

Lauri

As of fall 2013 all persons in the cabin no longer have to purchase the beverage package.

Lah66...yes you are no longer required to have every person over 21 purchase an alcohol package. This can be confirmed when purchasing the package online before the cruise... you can purchase for either person individually... and of course for both, if you add to you shopping cart.

Lauri

Here is the FAQ link:

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/customersupport/faq/details.do?pagename=frequently_asked_questions&pnav=5&pnav=2&faqType=faq&faqSubjectId=336&faqSubjectName=Food+%26+Beverage&faqId=5805

Edited by clarea

BTW, I do not advocate theft in any way - I just think that cruise lines charge way too much for many things - same as resorts, theme parks, etc. I understand companies are in business to make money and have to make money to stay in business, but don't have to make a killing on every warm body.

So if we all get (2adults, 3children) some sort of package, kids royal refreshment and mom and dad Royal replenish - and I decide to let my daughter have a bottled water while I have a diet coke - is that also theft?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

So if we all get (2adults, 3children) some sort of package, kids royal refreshment and mom and dad Royal replenish - and I decide to let my daughter have a bottled water while I have a diet coke - is that also theft?

Yes.

How is that theft when both types of drink are covered under the packages the family have between them? It is re distribution.

Bottled water is not included in the Refreshment (soda only) package.

Is it included in the Royal Replenish?

Bottled still and sparkling water is included in the Replenish and Ultimate packages. Bottled still water is also included in the Premium package.

A fair question, but in the year or two the soda package has been around and the time of the other drink packages have been around, I've near heard of anyone being called out or had their package taken away.